SONGMICS Metal Wire Cube Storage, 9-Cube
Last updated date: April 18, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Basement Storage and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Basement Storage you should buy.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the SONGMICS SONGMICS Metal Wire Cube Storage, 9-Cube placed 9th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Basement Storage for a detailed review of all the top basement storage.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Versatile Combine the units into various shapes to fit your space (within the included parts), it's also great in your home study, living room, bedroom, balcony or even assembled into a pet playpen. This deal offers you a creative and unique space! High Safety Each metal wire cabinet from SONGMICS is designed with anti-tipping device to fix the item to the wall. Seamless Design The 4 corners of the plastic sheet adopt iron wire concave design, so the sheets and connectors are tightly connected with no gap between them. Includes Rubber Mallet Quality steel mallet to help assemble the item easily, with an extended period of service life, it can be kept as an essential tool in the house. Specifications: Color: Black Material: Powder Coated Iron Wire Meshes, PP Plastic Sheets, ABS Plastic Connectors Product Size: 36.6”L x 12.2”W x 36.6”H (93 x 31 x 93cm) Product Capacity: 243 L Capacity of Each Cube: 27 L Product Weight: 16.72lbs (7.6kg) The Max. load capacity of each shelf: 22lbs (10kg) Package Contents: 34 x Black iron wire meshes (11.8” x 11.8”) 9 x Black PP plastic sheets (11.8” x 11.8”) 34 x Black ABS plastic connectors 1 x Rubber mallet (0.385lbs) 2 x Anti-toppling fittings 1 x Instructions SONGMICS Notes: Do not place the item outdoors for extended periods of time to avoid weathering. Keep round edge with “SONGMICS” logo of plastic connectors facing outward during assembly. All mesh and plates should be pressed to the bottom during assembly, after each layer is finished, firmly press each connector to make sure the wire reaches the bottom with no gap to add firmness. The product is suitable for storage boxes with a max. size of 11" x 11" x 11" Still unclear with something? In the following Q&A section, you may find the right answer to your question. Q: Can the cabinet be assembled freely? A: Of course! These products are DIY and can be assembled however you like, as long as they are within the range of the accessories provided. Q: Can the shelf be assembled and disassembled many times? A: This cabinet can be assembled and disassembled as many times as you need Q: Can you use two of these cabinets together? A: You can use the same style of products by SONGMICS together. For different style products, as long as the size of the panels and connectors are the same, you can also use them together. However, always keep in mind any tipping hazards before building too high. Q: Where can this product be used? A: You can use this product in the bathroom, bedroom, study, living room, kitchen, basement, playroom, attic, hallway - almost anywhere you want! However, it should not be used outside as this will shorten the life of the product. Q: Can I use this product to build a home for my small pets, like a guinea pig? A: As this product is DIY, you are free to do what you wish. Many product users find that this makes a great home for their small, gentle pets.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Basement Storage
If your house is among the 42% of standalone homes in America that has a basement, you probably realize it’s a great place to store things. But your basement can both function as a storage area and be a useful place for your family and guests to hang out. The key is to invest in shelving that gets items out of boxes and neatly organized against walls.
But there are different options for basement storage. One popular choice is to use hardware similar to what you see in garages to hang the shelving on the wall. With that method, you can use hooks and shelving to store items. This keeps your storage as close to the wall as possible, leaving plenty of floor space free for recreational activities.
There is also plenty of shelving items you can buy that you assemble wherever you want. Some even have wheels that allow you to move the shelves around as needed. This frees you up to rearrange your basement storage as your tastes change over the years.
Before you start looking around for shelving, take an inventory of what you have, keeping in mind that you’ll probably add to your storage over the years. If you plan to store items in tubs, you’ll likely need plenty of space between shelves, whereas smaller items you’re setting up might not need as much space.
One great thing about shelving is that you can add to it over the years. You can buy multiple shelving units that you set up side by side for a uniform look that makes your basement appear well organized. Keep in mind if you go this route, though, that if you decide to add to your storage a couple of years down the road, the exact unit you’re buying now may no longer be available. It may be wise to invest in extra shelving units now that you leave empty, giving you room to grow your storage over the years.
DWYM Fun Fact
Basements may have dwindled in popularity, but there are still plenty of older homes that have them. With old basements come hidden treasures. Among the many strange things new homeowners have found in their basements are hidden wells and staircases, NASA computers, safe rooms with ammunition, and a pool with live sharks. One man had his house raided by police when it was revealed that he was keeping a decommissioned World War II tanker, a German cannon and a torpedo stored there. In 2016, a repairman found an alligator in a Chicago-area home. The homeowner had been keeping it as a pet.
The Basement Storage Buying Guide
- It’s important to pay close attention to the measurements of the shelving unit you’ll buy. You may find it takes up more space than you realize. Also, basements can be limited on ceiling space, so note the height of the shelving you’re choosing before you buy.
- The finish of shelving can vary. Whether you go with steel, plastic or some other material, you may be able to choose from multiple colors.
- The number and space between shelves come into play when you’re shopping. You probably already know the size and amount of the items you’ll be storing, so keep that in mind as you’re researching.
- It’s also important to note the weight capacity of each shelf. Some shelves can hold hundreds of pounds, where others are limited to only a dozen or two. In many cases, this won’t matter, but if you ever need to store heavier items, you’ll need to keep these limitations in mind.
- Basements can sometimes be less level than the flooring in the rest of your house. If you’re buying a shelving unit for your basement, look for one that has adjustable leveling built in so that you can stabilize it.
- Shelving units that have wheels can be especially useful if you ever need to move your storage to another area of the basement.
- Assembly can take time, so note that you might need to prepare to put your shelving unit together once you have it. If you aren’t handy with a screwdriver, look for a unit that has minimal assembly requirements.
- If your basement is prone to flooding, you may want to invest in a shelving solution that elevates your items. A wall-mounted option could be best in this case. If there’s any risk of flooding at all, make sure valuable items like photos are either stored up high or on an upper floor of your home.