SONGMICS Double Hook Entryway Hanging Coat Rack
Last updated date: May 4, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mounted Coat Racks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mounted Coat Rack you should buy.
Editor's Note May 4, 2021:
Checkout The Best Mounted Coat Rack for a detailed review of all the top mounted coat racks.
The SONGMICS Double Hook Entryway Hanging Coat Rack has four hooks and a shelf, but what really sets it apart is its heavy-duty weight capacity. It can hold up to 35 pounds, which means you can load it down with coats, keys and other belongings. The top shelf is perfect for holding framed photos, plants or any other decorative item.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the SONGMICS SONGMICS Double Hook Entryway Hanging Coat Rack placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
First impressions matter: Far too often the entryway becomes a mess with family belongings strewn about everywhere. SONGMICS released this new entryway hanging shelf with hooks to help you organize your stuff so you can welcome your friends and family with a neat and clean entryway! No more piles of clothes and jackets: With 4 metal double hooks, you have 8 spots to hang your jackets, hats, bags, and keys in one convenient spot for a neat look. Finally - no more piles of clothes accumulating on your chairs. Liven up your entryway: The top shelf creates a mini display area for your picture frames, small decorative pieces and other items that make your smile when you come back home. Good habits shape a better life: This wall mounted coat rack also helps you develop a good habit of organizing your clothes and home. Teach your children to hang scarves and hats on the hat rack; instill organization habits into them at an early age so they can grow into organized adults who always know where their keys are. Specifications: Color: Dark Brown Material: MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard), Zinc Die-Cast Product Size: 15.7"L x 4.1"W x 4.1"H (40 x 10.5 x 10.5 cm) Weight: 1.9 lbs (0.85 kg) Max. Static Load Capacity: 35 lbs (15.9 kg) Package Contents: 1 x Wall Mounted Coat Rack 1 x Accessory Bag 1 x Instructions SONGMICS Notes: Mount this item to a solid wall or into wood studs to ensure the safety of a high load capacity. Avoid outdoor use or exposure to rain.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mounted Coat Racks
There’s no place like home. But as soon as you walk through the door, you likely start shedding items, including your keys, your coat, your umbrella and your laptop bag. Having something handy inside your entryway to tackle this load can help you keep things tidy without sacrificing convenience.
For years, consumers have relied on coat racks to take on this task. They once were standalone items, taking up substantial space. But today’s consumer knows there are options that keep space open while also handily storing those items. With a coat rack that mounts to your wall, you can save space while also providing a useful way to store what you take with you when you leave the house.
There are some things to consider as you search for a mounted coat rack, though. Some are slimmer than others, taking up even less wall space than you’d expect. However, you often sacrifice the extra storage space you get with a unit that has a shelf on top, so consider that while you’re shopping.
That shelf on top is perfect for storing picture frames and decorations. But you can also make it more useful by setting a tray on top for storing items like keys. Some coat racks come with baskets for holding items like gloves and scarves, but you can also use them for quickly hiding items when unexpected company arrives at the front door.
Fortunately, there’s no shortage of options when it comes to color and style. You may prefer a lighter wood, or a darker, more rustic look may be a better fit for your home. Once you’ve narrowed that down, you can choose a design that works for what you need. By selecting color first, you can avoid getting your heart set on a specific coat rack, only to find that the color doesn’t work with your décor.
The Mounted Coat Rack Buying Guide
- You know your décor best. Take a serious look at the area of your home where it will be hung, whether it’s a mudroom, entryway, kitchen or another area. Choose one that fits with your existing décor for best results.
- Before you buy a wall-mounted coat rack, note what’s involved in installing it. Do you need special tools?
- Getting a coat rack level can be tricky. Make sure you have a bubble level on hand to be as precise as possible.
- Weight capacity is another important consideration. As your coat rack gradually gathers items like coats, purses and tote bags, the weight will put pressure on it. Pay attention to how much it will hold before you buy, particularly if you think you’ll be weighing it down.
- It’s also important to think about the bulk of the items you’ll be hanging on each hook. Coats can take up quite a bit of space. For those winter months, make sure you choose one with hooks spaced far enough apart that your items won’t be crowding each other.
- In addition to the space between hooks, the number of hooks is also a factor. If your rack only comes with four hooks, but you have a six-person household, you may find you simply don’t have enough space for everything.
- You should also consider how much weight each hook will hold. The overall weight capacity is important, but if you plan to put heavier items on one or two hooks, you may find they won’t hold.
- If you’re buying a coat rack with a top shelf, plan what you’ll put there in advance. You may want to order a matching photo frame or move one of your smaller houseplants to your coat rack once it’s hung.
- Coats aren’t the only items that can be hung on a coat rack. Believe it or not, you can also hang one in your kitchen for storing coffee mugs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide