Songmics Divided Bamboo Laundry Hamper
Last updated date: September 27, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laundry Hampers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laundry Hamper you should buy.
Update as June 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Laundry Hamper for a detailed review of all the top laundry hampers.
In our analysis of 84 expert reviews, the Songmics Divided Bamboo Laundry Hamper placed 13th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Lights and darks can be easily separated into 2 spacious sections. Edged lid and 2 metal frames help strengthen the structure. 4 buckles fasten the top metal frame and keep it from falling down. SONGMICS hamper has two soft yet strong cotton handles to bring you the best laundry experience without hurting your hands.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laundry Hampers
Dirty laundry has a sneaky way of piling up into small mountains for many of us that live busy lives or have large families. Being able to get those odoriferous clothes off the floor and out of sight is a must for anyone who wishes to maintain a tidy and pleasant living space between their laundry days. Clothing hampers are designed to help hold your dirty laundry. Some will have compartments to let you separate your clothes based on colors or delicacy while others are collapsible mesh containers with thin wire frames for those consumers focused function at a value.
Size is a big factor when determining which laundry hamper is right for your needs, according to Kate Desmond, a parenting and infant safe-sleep expert and mom of two kids.
“I don’t know how or why but my family of four creates mountains of laundry with no summit, it keeps going and going and going,” she says. “The first thing I look for in a good hamper is size. It has to be large enough to hold all the clothes for an entire laundry cycle, be that a week or two.”
If you only have a small space to fit a hamper, or you live in a situation where your dirty laundry only piles up minimally throughout the course of the week, keep that in mind and find an appropriately sized hamper like the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Hamper which provides a simple solution to your needs. Alternatively, be sure to plan for a larger hamper if you have laundry for multiple people or you find yourself wearing multiple outfits every day between your job and workout clothes. Those needing more hamper-space could look to a more oversize product like the BirdRock Home Oversized Divided Hamper which can hold two full loads of laundry.
According to Desmond, there are a few other key functionalities that help narrow down the search for the perfect hamper.
“I am a big fan of a laundry hamper that can mask as a piece of furniture rather than something plastic that screams laundry,” she says. “I also really appreciate a washable liner. This helps keep things fresh and clean with a quick wash every so often.”
Taking these areas into account can really help narrow down your search. A washable liner, like seen in the BirdRock Home Double Laundry Hamper can be very handy if you commonly fill your hamper with sweaty workout clothes or heavily soiled sports uniforms. Often you can toss the liner in with a similar load of laundry like towels so it’s as convenient and efficient as one could hope for. However, there is another step to take if you find your dirty clothes are putting off a quite foul aroma. Desmond adds:
“Beyond that, a good laundry hamper, for me, has two things: a lid and a divider. A divider makes it easy to separate lights from darks and delicates from towels without creating a million piles all over the floor on laundry day. The lid hides all the nasty clothes and wet towels and provides a nice little buffer between my nose and my husband’s sweaty workout clothes,” she says.
The aesthetics of a home product like this are something to take into account as well, since this will be something that is generally in plain view in a laundry room bedroom or maybe even a bathroom. A cheap-looking plastic hamper will stand out against the nice finishes of a home and not necessarily draw any positive attention. Luckily there are beautiful hampers that have a natural and stylistic look.
The Laundry Hamper Buying Guide
- Measure the space you have available before starting your search for a new laundry hamper. Knowing when a product is too large or too small for your specific area is an easy way to narrow down the field of options.
- If you use your hamper as a tote bag to take your load of clothes to the laundry room, there are many designs that have comfortable handles and are sturdy enough that you can even place your detergent bottle right on the top of the pile, which can be extremely helpful to those of you in an apartment with a shared laundry room.
- Separating your clothes as you put them into the dirty laundry hamper is an efficient way to chip away at the task. A hamper with two separate bins will help you be more organized with your time and it saves you from having to sort through all your stinky clothes on-the-spot when you are about to put them into the washing machine. This style of hamper can be a real time saver when used properly.
- Match your bathroom or bedroom decor with a hamper that comes in a color you like. This is a purchase that my very-well last for countless years, so be sure that you actually like how it looks. A white plastic hamper can be very effective at holding clothes, but it may not present an appearance of quality and style to fit in with your other pieces of furniture.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide