Solimo Flushable Adult Toilet Wipes, 8-Pack
Last updated date: April 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wet Wipes For Adults and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wet Wipe For Adults you should buy.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Solimo Solimo Flushable Adult Toilet Wipes, 8-Pack placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Wet Wipes For Adults for a detailed review of all the top wet wipes for adults.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
SOLIMO Flushable Wipes club box contains 8 individual packs each with 42 sheets per pack. SOLIMO Flushable Wipes are pre-moistened to clean and refresh better than toilet paper alone. Feel confident you’re giving your family a gentle and effective way to keep themselves the cleanest they can be. SOLIMO Flushable Wipes are fragrance free, hypoallergenic, ultra-soft and strong. Convenient 8-pack is perfect for busy families on the go. Put one pack in each bathroom so you can always feel fresh! Each pack is individually wrapped and has a resealable label to keep them from drying out. They are safe for well-maintained sewers and septics. These wipes pass extensive testing for flushability that are proven, when flushed one wipe at a time, to pass through a home’s well-maintained toilet and drain lines or septic system without clogging. (not recommended for use with basement pump systems)These wipes are also proven to pass through sewer systems and are compatible with wastewater treatment plants. This technology means you can feel confident flushing one wipe at a time.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wet Wipes For Adults
Not only do wet wipes do a better job of cleaning than toilet paper, but they are also less irritating. There are several different wet wipes for adults on the market. The one you select depends upon your specific needs, as well as your skin type.
Look for a pack of wet wipes that is pH-balanced and free of harsh chemicals that are known to cause skin dryness and irritation. For example, the Medline FitRight Cleansing Incontinence Wipes are formulated without alcohol or artificial fragrances. They are hypoallergenic, which means they are an excellent choice for individuals with sensitive skin.
Check the wet wipes ingredients list for any beneficial additives that make the wipes more than just a cleaning tool. The Nurture No Rinse Bathing Wipes, 6-Pack contain aloe, lanolin, chamomile extract and vitamin E. These ingredients soothe skin, while also providing nutrients that moisturize.
While many wet wipes are solely designed for toileting, there are a few, like the Surviveware Biodegradable Wet Wipes, that serve multiple purposes. These wipes can be used to clean hands, wipe away dirt and grime and even clean camping equipment. They begin decomposing after just 28 days, which means you can bury them in the ground when camping or hiking in remote locations.
It’s also a good idea to have a travel pack of wet wipes for adults. The Go On The Go Flushable Wet Wipes, 12-Pack has 15 cleansing cloths per pack and is slim enough to fit in a backpack, gym bag, purse or glove box. You can even pack them in a carry-on bag when traveling by plane or train.
Consider any extra features that the wet wipes for adults may have to offer. For example, a package with a resealable lid adds convenience. One with a moisturizing lotion eliminates the need to apply a separate cream later on. There are even wet wipes that are flushable, so you don’t have to worry about placing them in a trash can.
DWYM Fun Fact
Arthur Julius was the first person to invent a disposable wet wipe. He created it for the purpose of getting your fingers and mouth clean after devouring a delicious plate of messy barbecue ribs. Although he first created the wet wipe in 1957, it wasn’t until the National Restaurant Show in 1960 that he shared them with the world.
Over the years, wet wipes have been formulated to address a variety of other issues. There are facial wipes for removing makeup, baby wipes for cleaning infants and toddlers during a diaper change and wet wipes for adults to use when toileting or freshening up while camping.
The Wet Wipe For Adults Buying Guide
- Certain wet wipes contain ingredients that may be irritating to anyone with sensitive skin. It’s best to always read the ingredients list before you purchase wet wipes for adults.
- Some wet wipes are not as thick as others. Keep in mind that thin wipes may tear easily.
- Never flush wet wipes for adults unless the packaging specifically states that the wipes are flushable.
- If you don’t like the feeling of a cold wipe up against your skin, you can microwave the wipes for just a few seconds to warm them up.
- When you’re in a pinch, you can actually make your own wet wipes at home. Place a set of pre-folded dinner napkins in a pie pan. In a bowl mix together 1 cup of distilled water, 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel, 1 teaspoon of liquid castile soap and 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. Lavender is an excellent choice, as it’s not only calming but also has a pleasant scent. Pour this mixture over the napkins. Once the liquid has been absorbed. You can transfer the wet wipes to a plastic zipper bag until you’re ready to use them.
- Since wet wipes for adults are often sold in multipacks of various amounts, you’ll need to figure out how much you’re paying per wipe before you can compare prices. To do this you’ll need to divide the cost by the total number of wipes. Among the most affordable wipes is the Medline FitRight Cleansing Incontinence Wipes, although the Go On The Go Flushable Wet Wipes, 12-Pack isn’t far behind. You can expect to pay a little more for both the Surviveware Biodegradable Wet Wipes and the Nurture No Rinse Bathing Wipes, 6-Pack.