Solimo Concentrated Liquid Lavender Natural Detergent, 128 Loads
Last updated date: February 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Natural Detergents and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Natural Detergent you should buy.
Update as September 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Natural Detergent for a detailed review of all the top natural detergents.
This Solimo concentrated liquid detergent is from Amazon's brand. It smells like lavender and can help you tackle 128 loads of laundry. It can work in both standard and high-efficiency washing machines.
In our analysis of 109 expert reviews, the Solimo Concentrated Liquid Lavender Natural Detergent, 128 Loads placed 11th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Solimo Liquid Laundry Detergent has 2x more loads per bottle (versus a 50oz bottle of standard-concentrated detergent [1.56oz dose]). Safe in both standard and high efficiency (HE) washing machines. Comes in Fresh Scent, Free & Clear, Lavender, and Clean Linen
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Natural Detergents
The University of Georgia conducted a study that revealed more and more Americans are having negative reactions to fragrances. In fact, one out of every 10 people surveyed were irritated by the fragrances that were added to their laundry detergents. If you find yourself among those statistics, you’ll want to consider switching to natural laundry detergents, which are made from all-natural ingredients that are better for your body.
When shopping for natural laundry detergent, keep the following information in mind:
If you want your laundry to have a pleasant odor, you’ll want to consider the scent. While some natural laundry detergents are scent-free, others use natural fragrances, like peppermint essential oil. Many brands actually come in a choice of scents, such as lemon verbena, lavender, basil and honeysuckle.
Check to ensure the ingredients are natural and that there are no harsh chemicals. You want your laundry detergent to be free of phosphates, chlorine, dyes, perfumes, sulfates, bleach and fillers. Grab Green 3-In-1 Natural Detergent, 100 Loads has a full ingredient list on the back of their packaging, so you’ll know exactly what’s going into your washing machine.
Determine whether you’re looking for a liquid laundry detergent or a powdered detergent. Liquids often come in a concentrated formula, so you can get as many as 96 loads out of one bottle. Powdered detergents can also form a paste that can be used to pre-treat stains. They are also more eco-friendly, as they don’t come in plastic bottles.
Review the product packaging to determine whether the natural laundry detergent is safe for HE washing machines. Otherwise, you’ll only be able to use it in a standard machine. It’s also important to uncover whether the detergent works well in cold or hot water, whether it is safe for use on all fabric types and whether it is safe for septic systems (if you have one).
Look to see if the detergent is gentle on skin, especially if you have sensitive skin. Some natural detergents are actually formulated by doctors specifically for individuals who suffer from allergies and skin sensitivities. They are also a great choice if you have a newborn at home, as the ingredients won’t bother your baby’s skin.
Examine the natural laundry detergent’s ability to fight stains. Some detergents use a powerful triple enzyme formula to lift tough stains from fabric. Other detergents use mineral-based enzymes to also eliminate odors.
Don’t forget to choose a detergent that makes measuring and using the contents a breeze. Some bottles have a lid that doubles as a measuring cup, while others feature a no-drip pump that allows you to pump the detergent right in the washing machine.
The Natural Detergent Buying Guide
- Not all natural detergents are 100% natural, so you need to carefully read the product label to determine if there are any chemical additives.
- Consider any extras before you make your final decision as to which natural laundry detergent to buy. Does the detergent use a vegan formula, is the product packaging 100% recyclable or does the company donate a portion of its proceeds to charity? You may also want to check that the detergent wasn’t tested on animals and that it doesn’t contain any animal-based ingredients.
- Clean your washing machine regularly. Detergent can build up in your washer, as well as bacteria from dirty washcloths, towels and work clothing. It’s good practice to run your washer once a month using hot water only. Then, every quarter, run the machine again after adding a deep cleaner made for washing machines.
- When comparing natural laundry detergent prices, you don’t want to bother looking at how many ounces are in each bottle. This is because each detergent has a different concentration. What you want to pay attention to is how many loads of wash you get out of each bottle for the price. The BioKleen Plant Based Natural Detergent, 300 Loads and ECOS 2X Liquid Natural Detergent, 200 Loads give you the best deal per load, while Grab Green 3-In-1 Natural Detergent, 100 Loads comes in a whole $.10 per load higher.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide