Eco-Gals Foaming Action Washing Machine Cleaner, 24-Count
Last updated date: September 21, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dishwasher Pods and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dishwasher Pod you should buy.
Update as September 21, 2021:
Checkout The Best Dishwasher Pods for a detailed review of all the top dishwasher pods.
These powerful dishwashing pods don’t require you to rinse or scrub dishes before placing them in the dishwasher. They leave your dishes looking spotless and shiny. There are 85 pods in this package.
In our analysis, the Solimo Solimo 2-in-1 Grease Fighting & Rinse Aid Dishwasher Pods, 85-Count placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Messy pots and pans are no match for Solimo’s 2-in-1 grease fighting + rinse aid. So much power in one tiny pac. Stop prewashing your dishes. Each powerful pac removes stuck on food in the dishwasher, so you don’t have to. Let those dishes shine. After every wash your dishes will be spotlessly clean and leave only sparkles behind.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dishwasher Pods
Have you ever opened up your dishwasher once it has completed its cycle, only to find that your dishes aren’t really clean at all? Some have streaks from the dishwasher detergent, others have grime and stuck-on food, while some dishes don’t look like they’ve been washed at all. Not only is this frustrating, but it wastes a lot of time, energy and water. In order to make sure your dishwasher is actually cleaning your dishes properly, it’s important to use the right kind of detergent.
Dishwasher pods are a small capsule made out of a polymer material, which encases the perfect amount of dishwasher detergent. Dishwasher pods take the guesswork out of how much dishwasher detergent you need to use and what kind you need to use. In addition to dishwasher detergent, dishwasher pods also contain a rinse aid. This is a solution that is designed to increase surface tension on the dishes, so that water droplets are washed away. If the water droplets remain on the dishes and then evaporate with heat, they may leave smudges or water marks. However, with a rinse aid, your dishes are left smudge-free and shiny. Dishwasher pods are perfectly convenient as all you need to do is place one pod into your dishwasher’s detergent section before you turn it on, and not have to worry about measuring out detergent or using a separate rinse aid.
The outside of the dishwasher pod, which is made from synthetic polymer, is a water soluble material. This means that during the dishwasher cycle, the polymer will dissolve and the detergent and rinse aid will come out. There will not be any pod packaging left when you open the dishwasher after the cycle has completed.
The Dishwasher Pod Buying Guide
- Many consumers look for eco-friendly products and processes. When it comes to dishwasher pods, you can check to see whether they use any natural ingredients, how sustainable the ingredients are and whether the company uses environmentally friendly processes during manufacturing, packaging or shipping.
- Do you need to pre-rinse or even pre-scrub your dishes before you place them in the dishwasher? Many dishwasher pods have enough strength to completely eliminate that step from your dishwashing regime. Opt for a dishwashing pod that has grease and stain-removal strength. If the ingredients in the pod can reduce surface tension of the water in order to penetrate the grime, they will be able to effectively wash the dishes so you don’t have to.
- In order to avoid the chalky residue that sometimes gets left on your dishes after a cycle in the dishwasher, you will need to check the water temperature in the dishwasher. Typically, chalky residue is as a result of cold water. Ensure you are directing hot water into the dishwasher to avoid the soapy and chalky residue.
- Dishwasher pods are sold in large packages with many units. You can find them in packages of a few dozen to over a hundred. If you run the dishwasher every night, then opting for a large package will offer convenience. However, if you run the dishwasher every few days or once a week, you can get away with a small package. Keep in mind that dishwasher pods take up storage room, so if you live in a tight space, don’t get a package of several hundred pods.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide