SOJOS Anti-Glare Lens Round Oversized Sunglasses
Last updated: August 18, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Oversized Sunglasses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Oversized Sunglasses you should buy.
These anti-glare oversized sunglasses filter out sunlight with UV 400 protection. They are made from high-quality materials and have reinforced hinges. The sunglasses come with a pouch and cleaning cloth; get them in several colors.
In our analysis, the SOJOS Anti-Glare Lens Round Oversized Sunglasses placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
UV400 PROTECTION FOR YOUR EYES: SojoS’s anti-glare lenses can block UV rays.UV400 rated sunglasses are essential for filtering out sunlight reflected glare and protecting your eyes against long term UV damage when you go out. HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: These SojoS vintage round sunglasses are made of high-quality plastic frames, UV400 protection lenses, reinforced metal hinges, all the details ensuring you a long time using. FASHION UNIQUE DESIGN: There are several colors available for this round style sunglasses: black, brown, pink, blue, silver, and can go with various features and clothing. They are also the perfect choice for outdoor activities, such as driving, shopping, traveling, and so on.
Oversized Sunglasses Rankings
Having the right pair of shades can completely elevate your style. Whether you’re driving around town, hanging at the beach or going for a hike, wearing high-quality sunglasses is a must. They not only work with your outfit, but they can also provide health benefits. Sunglasses that protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays can keep your cornea and lens from getting damaged, which can lead to serious conditions such as macular degeneration, cataracts and more.
Oversized sunglasses have been trendy for decades because they look chic and elegant. Not only that, they give the wearer a sense of mystery about them. But their size is also an advantage: oversized sunglasses means big lenses, which do a more thorough job or protecting your eyes and the sensitive skin around them.
When you’re choosing which oversized sunglasses to get, opt for ones which offer the best protection from the sun. Ideally, they should provide 99-100% broad-spectrum protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Keep in mind that just because a pair of sunglasses has dark lenses doesn’t mean they will be effective at blocking the sun’s harmful rays. Similarly, price, color and polarization options don’t make a difference in how much your sunglasses block UV rays. It’s important to look for a 400 UV label, which indicates that the sunglasses block wavelengths to the top of the UV spectrum at 400 nanometers.
If you do a lot of driving or activities on the water, you will notice how reflective surfaces can affect the look of lights. To avoid glare from roads and water, opt for oversized sunglasses which have polarized lenses. These lenses do a good job of improving your visual acuity in conditions where there is a lot of reflective light.
Sunglasses lenses can come in different colors other than black or amber, including blue and pink. This look is achieved with a thin metallic coating on the lens. These colors may assist your visual acuity in various situations and can be good for various sports (yellow works well to make tennis balls stand out, for example, while amber reduces glare and red filters out blue light). However, some eye doctors say choosing a color is all about personal preference.
- Sunglasses with UV protection work well in daily life, but will not protect you properly under certain circumstances. For example, do not use them in a tanning bed (use the provided goggles) or to view a full solar eclipse. In these types of situations, your eyes can be permanently damaged if exposed to harmful UV rays and you can actually lose your central vision. This is why it’s always important to practice sun safety at all times.
- If the light conditions around you vary constantly, you may want to look into oversized sunglasses with photochromic lenses. These special lenses automatically adjust based on the brightness outside to protect your eyes. On a very bright day they will be darker in order to block more light, and on a cloudy day they will be lighter to block less light. Keep in mind that photochromic lenses aren’t an effective solution for drivers as they don’t work when you’re inside a car. You have be directly outdoors for the lenses to take effect.
- For those who do a lot of driving, you may want to research oversized sunglasses with gradient lenses. These lenses start off darker at the top and then get progressively lighter at the bottom. This way, they can protect your eyes from the sun while also making it easy for you to see the dashboard display area.
- Double gradient sunglasses are best for those who do a lot of water sports. They are darker at the top and bottom and lighter in the middle. This enables them to protect your eyes from the sun as well as the reflection off the water, but make it easy for you to have visual acuity while participating in sports.
- Keep your sunglasses in a pouch or case away from sunlight when you’re not using them. Make sure to clean the lens regularly with a lens-friendly cloth to prevent scratches; many sunglasses come with these items when you purchase them.