Sofia + Sam Portable Bed Laptop Stand
Last updated: August 4, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laptop Stands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laptop Stand you should buy.
In our analysis of 112 expert reviews, the Sofia + Sam Portable Bed Laptop Stand placed 9th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Sofia + Sam Oversized Lap Desk is the ultimate portable workspace. Comfortably use your large laptop computer with a mouse from a chair, sofa, or even in bed. Great for working at home! Works great for crafts and studying. The lap desk has a luxurious cushion of furniture grade memory foam for total comfort and support.
What experts liked
Laptop Stand Rankings
Over time, any repetitive activity risks straining your body. Standing all day can take a toll on your joints and muscles just as sitting can. But there are things you can do to reduce your risks, including wearing supportive shoes and alternating sitting and standing throughout the day.
But if you’re seated at a computer, typing or clicking around with your mouse all day, you may not have the option of alternating your activities. Sitting at a computer for hours at a time can cause back and neck strain. If you’re on a computer, typing and using your mouse can cause repetitive stress injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome.
In fact, ergonomic disorders have become a real problem in workplaces across the U.S. They account for 56 to 63 percent of illnesses reported to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). For a business, that means potential loss of income due to employees being out of work for surgery or simply not being as productive due to pain.
Often, it’s not the activity itself but the position of your body that makes a difference. In addition to alternating positions throughout the day, you can also set up your work area to be more ergonomic. Your monitor should be positioned at eye level, at least 18 inches from your eyes. Your back should be straight, shoulders up, and your knees should be parallel to your feet, which should be flat on the floor.
While all this is easily achievable using a desktop computer and monitor, laptop users face a challenge when it comes to ergonomics. Getting the screen at the level you need it while still being able to reach the keyboard comfortably is physically impossible. An ergonomic laptop stand resolves that, letting you attach a keyboard and mouse for use at your desk, while still giving you the freedom to take your device with you when you leave your office.
- Although many laptop stands are built to work with multiple laptop types, you will notice most of them are limited in capacity. If you have a smaller laptop, you may want to go with one that’s built for that size to avoid taking up more space on your desk than necessary.
- Ventilation is essential to a laptop. If you block the airflow, your laptop could overheat, which will lead to performance issues. Over time, this can wear on your laptop’s internal parts, shortening its lifespan. Your laptop stand should have at least one opening that allows air to flow freely from your laptop’s vents.
- A laptop stand can move around, making it tough to achieve a comfortable position. Rubber feet will hold it in place if you accidentally bump it throughout the day.
- Many laptop stands are silver to match the color of some of the most popular laptops. Some come with black legs and a silver base or a full black build. Consider how it will look on your desk before you buy.
- You’ll need to purchase an external keyboard and mouse to use with your laptop if you haven’t already. You can find ergonomic peripherals that will enhance your safety.
- If you plan to take your laptop stand with you, make sure it disassembles and reassembles easily so that you can tuck it into a bag.
- It’s also important to pay attention to setup. Many laptop stands can be set up without using tools. However, unless you want to put your laptop stand together, it may be worth looking into how much work you’ll have to do before you can use it.
- Laptops require cords. Look for a laptop stand that provides at least one opening to squeeze items like power cords and USB cable in.