Snips Plastic Garlic Keeper
Last updated date: December 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Garlic Keepers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Garlic Keeper you should buy.
Editor's Note December 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Garlic Keeper for a detailed review of all the top garlic keepers.
Durability is what you'll get with this garlic keeper. It's constructed from a BPA-free high-grade plastic resistant material that protects garlic from sunlight and moisture. The unit also features a series of ventilation holes that work to keep your garlic nice and fresh.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Snips Snips Plastic Garlic Keeper placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Snips is a company based south of Milan. The company got its name from its namesake scissors line. Since its inception, Snips has aimed to "incorporate innovative Italian design into consumer driven household products." Every product is also Italian made and manufactured. Snips anticipates consumer's needs, offering problem-solving products with a touch of irony, freshness and originality in the design. They create value with items that are innovative, safe, high quality and with high content. Snips policy of constant innovation led to the adoption of Injection Mold Labeling technology which enables precise application of a photographic decoration, giving a product a captivating appearance and allowing instant recognition of the function the object is used for. Snips guarantees 100% "Italianness," and is the commitment of two generations of the family Piacenza. Store garlic and keep it fresh with Snips garlic keeper. Features ventilation holes to curb the pungent odor. BPA free, dishwasher safe. Made in Italy.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Garlic Keepers
To prevent garlic from becoming moldy or going bad before you have a chance to use it, you need to properly store it. You can do this with a garlic keeper. As you browse the available models, keep the following information in mind.
Garlic keepers are made from a few different types of materials, such as terra cotta, ceramic and high-fired stoneware. While all of these construction materials work well if you simply need to store your garlic, you’ll need a high-fired stoneware keeper, like the Le Creuset Stoneware Garlic Keeper, if you want to place the keeper on an oven or in a freezer.
You’ll also need the construction materials to be nonporous. This type of material is stain and odor resistant and less likely to crack or chip.
Look for garlic keepers that promote proper airflow. The Fox Run Ceramic Garlic Keeper has nice size ventilation holes that keep garlic cool, dry and fresh. Remember, moisture is an enemy of garlic.
Check that the garlic keeper can stop light from reaching the garlic. For example, the Snips Plastic Garlic Keeper has a high-grade plastic resistant material lid that keeps garlic in the dark, giving it a longer shelf life.
Finally, you’ll want to take design into account when choosing the best garlic keeper. The HIC Harold Import Co. Vented Ceramic Garlic Keeper is not only attractive, but it also complements just about any kitchen theme.
The Garlic Keeper Buying Guide
- Always check the garlic keeper’s cleaning instructions. Several models are not dishwasher-safe and must be cleaned by hand.
- You’ll get the highest concentration of active ingredients in fresh garlic, so look for bulbs that are plump with tight skin.
- Garlic still in the bulb will last as long as 8 weeks when properly stored at room temperature.
- Never store a whole garlic bulb in your refrigerator, as this environment allows mold to grow. You can, however, place chopped garlic in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. This is helpful if you have a little leftover garlic that you can toss on a salad the next day.
- Use apples or raw mint leaves to help reduce garlic breath after eating meals that have been flavored with the herb.
- Garlic keepers vary greatly in price for several reasons. The Snips Plastic Garlic Keeper is basic in design and on the lower end of the price range. You’ll find the Fox Run Ceramic Garlic Keeper and the HIC Harold Import Co. Vented Ceramic Garlic Keeper in the middle, thanks to their more intricate design. The Le Creuset Stoneware Garlic Keeper commands the highest price because it can be used in all temperatures, including in an oven or freezer.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide