Smooth Viking Medium Hold Pliable Molding Wax
Last updated date: December 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Firm Hold Pomade Hair Waxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax you should buy.
Editor's Note May 17, 2021:
Checkout The Best Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax for a detailed review of all the top firm hold pomade hair waxes.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the Smooth Viking Smooth Viking Pliable Molding Wax placed 13th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Whether you want a just-out-of-bed tousled look or want to add thickness to your shorter hairstyle, this is the styling solution for you. Smooth Viking’s Fiber is a naturally-based blend that gives high hold with low shine. It’s fibrous texture offers a great alternative to gels and styling creams. It’s the easiest way to get a look you’ll be proud of in front of your crew without any hassles or messes from other complicated men's styling products and tools. Grooming will never be easier whether you have thin or thick hair! Works Like Gels & Creams – Smooth Viking’s American made Fiber Cream works a lot like gels and creams, but its fibrous texture makes it easier to get the look you want without worrying about overusing or giving yourself a shiny head of hair when all you wanted was a subtle style.
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Firm Hold Pomade Hair Waxes
While hairspray is handy and easy to use, it can leave hair feeling crusty and sometimes even a bit sticky. An excellent alternative is a firm-hold pomade hair wax. This handy styling product successfully tackles flyaways and leaves hair looking smooth and put together. As you browse the available waxes, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
First, determine whether the firm hold pomade hair wax is water-based or oil-based. Water-based waxes are generally preferred, as they can be rinsed clean using water only. There’s no need for soap or shampoo. Oil-based pomades, however, won’t rinse clean with just water. You’ll need grease-fighting soap to get them out.
Second, decide how much of a shine you’re looking for. You can get a pomade hair wax with a matte finish, which is a great choice when preparing for work. Of course, if you’re getting ready to go to the club, wax with a high shine might be your preferred choice.
Third, review the ingredients on the firm hold pomade hair wax’s product label. There are pomades that are actually made in France using only high-quality natural ingredients. This type of formula benefits individuals who have sensitive scalps, as well as those with dry scalps and hair, as there are no harsh chemicals, like alcohol, that contribute to drying out hair.
Fourth, check the hold. Chances are you’re a busy person and you don’t have time to restyle your hair midday. A product that has a strong hold that lasts throughout the day is best, especially if it is able to do so without leaving behind any flakes or greasy residue.
Finally, consider whether you want your firm-hold pomade hair wax to have a fragrance. There are fragrance-free versions on the market, as well as units that have light and strong scents. Some are made with a neutral scent that can be enjoyed by both adults and children.
The Firm Hold Pomade Hair Wax Buying Guide
- Some firm hold pomades can’t be adjusted once applied, as they harden and become stiff. If you plan on changing your hairstyle after work for a night out on the town, you’ll need to first wash the pomade out to restyle your hair.
- You don’t need to use a large amount of pomade hair wax to adequately style your hair. Simply place a dime-sized amount in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and either comb or rub the pomade through your hair with your fingers. Finish by styling your hair as you normally would.
- Firm-hold pomade hair wax can be applied to damp or dry hair. Keep in mind that when using it with dry hair, you’ll get the best hold, especially if the product is water-based. If you do apply the hair wax to damp hair, use a hairdryer afterward to lock in the look.
- If strong smells affect you, you’ll want to consider the amount of fragrance in the firm-hold pomade hair wax before you purchase it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide