SMARTAKE Digital Body Fat Analysis Smart Precision BMI Scale
Last updated date: May 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top BMI Scales and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best BMI Scale you should buy.
Update as November 29, 2022:
Checkout The Best BMI Scale for a detailed review of all the top bmi scales.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the SMARTAKE Digital Body Fat Analysis Smart Precision BMI Scale placed 16th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Made by high quality tempered glass, large platform but only 1.5 inches thickness. Grinding edge of glass won’t hurt your skin. Super durable and safe. A light current is passed through your body via 4 electrode slices to obtain highly accurate data of your body. Includes Body Fat, Water, Muscle Mass, BMI, BMR, Bone Mass, Protein, Skeletal Muscle and more. Download ‘Megafit’ at your App Store, connect via bluetooth then start measuring! Large backlit LCD displays accurate and clear digital. Our product provides a trustworthy measuring result.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On BMI Scales
If you’re embarking on a fitness journey, you probably already know that there are plenty of apps to help get you started. You can monitor your steps, watch your calorie intake and even link up and compete with others. For some, a fitness app can gamify the weight loss experience, letting them share their journey with friends, relatives and even strangers.
But an important part of gauging your progress is tracking exactly how your body measurements are changing over the days, weeks and months. That’s where a scale comes in. Sure, you can step on a traditional bathroom scale and get the pounds, but if you’re using an app, there are tools that can take you so much further.
The key feature in many BMI scales is its Bluetooth connectivity. Just step on the scale and your measurements are automatically sent to the app on your phone. With many of these scales, you can also link to your favorite fitness app. So instead of having one app for your measurements and another to track your steps and food intake, you’ll have everything in one place.
But you don’t have to rely on an app. If you aren’t a smartphone person, or you simply prefer to keep the information in your bathroom, you can find BMI scales that contain the information to an attached screen. These scales save the information for a prolonged period, allowing you to do a quick review of previous days and weeks if you want to track your progress.
BMI scales often go beyond measuring your body mass index. They can also look at things like body weight, BMI, body fat, body water, skeletal muscle, fat-free body weight, subcutaneous fat, visceral fat, muscle mass, bone mass, protein, basal metabolism and body age. All this information gives you a far more complete picture of your overall health than just seeing your weight in pounds and ounces.
The BMI Scale Buying Guide
- BMI scales work through the use of sensors. Those sensors are just under your feet and use something called bioelectrical impedance, sending an electrical current up your leg and across your pelvis to determine the level of resistance caused by body fat. The more resistance, the higher the estimated fat percentage in your body.
- One thing to keep in mind with any scale is that scales are never 100 percent accurate. They’re designed to give you a general estimate of your weight and other factors. It’s important to get to know your own body and understand where you’re at your best, no matter what an app says. A medical professional can help you determine exactly where you should be to be at your healthiest.
- The best time to weigh yourself is very early in the morning. Empty your bladder, then step onto the scale before you shower, eat, exercise or even enjoy that morning cup of coffee. This will ensure you’re getting the purest measurements available.
- App compatibility is essential. Most BMI scales hook up to their own app, but they also can transfer the information to your favorite fitness app. Make sure your favorite app is supported before you buy. Many BMI scales support Fitbit, Google Fit and Apple Health, at a minimum.
- If there are multiple members in your household who may want to use the scale, find a scale that supports that. Most BMI scales that support multiple users will send information only to the app of the person currently weighing.
- Some of these scales can have a bit of a learning curve. Once it’s set up, though, everything should be automatic from there. Your app will likely walk you through the setup steps.
- Although you can share your weight information as part of your competition with others, you can control the data others see. If you prefer to keep this private, you can use the information solely to track your own progress.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide