Smart Design Pop-Up Laundry Hamper
Last updated date: September 5, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pop-Up Laundry Hampers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pop-Up Laundry Hamper you should buy.
Editor's Note November 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pop-Up Laundry Hamper for a detailed review of all the top pop-up laundry hampers.
In our analysis of 42 expert reviews, the Smart Design Smart Design Pop-Up Laundry Hamper placed 8th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Smart Design Pop Up Hamper [Pink] The hamper saves lots of floor space as it stores up to 2 loads of laundry. The mesh VentilAir material is sturdy and allows for clothing to breathe, keeping them fresh. Package Includes Pop-Up Laundry Hamper w/ Side Pocket. For laundry, home organization, and miscellaneous items. Features and Benefits Includes strap handles and collapsible for portability and travel. The open top is perfect for ease and instant unloading. Product Specifications Dimensions: 13(L) x 13(W) x 21(H) inches Color: Pink Material: VentilAir Mesh Holds 2 Loads Brand and Warranty Info People around the world live smarter with Smart Design, manufacturers of innovative, high-quality home and commercial organizational and laundry care products. Since 1970, Smart Design has set the standard of excellence in the Home Organization Industry by developing products that allow consumers to optimize their needs. Everything from your closet, kitchen, laundry room, home office, garage and auto to your workplace. Located in Southern California, Smart Design is a family-owned company with customer service at the core of our business. If you have any questions, issues, or concerns about your order, reach out to our Customer Service Team via email anytime, 24/7. Our Team will do their best to respond to all emails within 24 hours. Visit us online for phone support Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm PST.
User Summarized Score
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pop-Up Laundry Hampers
Laundry probably isn’t your favorite chore. But it’s much easier if everything is in one place. Pop-up hampers have long been popular with college students and apartment dwellers who want to set up a collection bin without having to commit to a hard-sided hamper. But its portability makes it ideal for anyone who simply wants a way to carry laundry from one place to another.
Portability isn’t the only benefit of a pop-up hamper, though. With some designs, particularly mesh, you get air circulation that keeps all those odors from being trapped in one confined space. If you toss a wet washcloth or towel into your hamper, air circulation can also help keep things dry.
Some pop-up hampers fold up easily to let you store or transport them in your trunk once all the laundry is out of them. If you opt for this model, make sure you find one that can stand up on its own when items are in it.
“The biggest things to consider when selecting a pop-up hamper are size and sturdiness,” Kate Desmond, a parenting blogger and the mom of two children, says. “Is this hamper big enough to fit a week’s worth of laundry? Will it collapse?”
A hamper that’s constantly collapsing can become more of a nuisance than a convenience.
One thing to consider if you’ll be carrying your hamper to a laundromat or the laundry room in your dorm or apartment is how you’ll handle items like detergent. Some collapsible hampers have handy pockets helpful for storing bottles, your key, your mobile device or whatever other items you need to take along with you. If you choose one with pockets that are large enough, you may even be able to store your delicates separately from your main laundry.
“Make sure your pop-up hamper has handles,” Desmond says. “This type of hamper can be awkward to carry, especially full, and having something to hold onto can really help.”
She notes that you may want to consider finding one with a lid, too.
“This is a nice feature, particularly when the lid fastens with Velcro or a snap,” she says. “Imagine carrying your laundry across campus or even just to the laundry room; a lid is beneficial to holding the laundry securely inside.”
You’ll also need to make sure you choose a hamper with enough capacity to manage the amount of laundry you need. If you only do laundry once a week, for instance, you may want a larger hamper that can keep everything in one place. But those who want a hamper they can use to take a load or two to the laundry room may opt for a hamper with a smaller profile to make it easier to carry.
The Pop-Up Laundry Hamper Buying Guide
- The first thing you’ll notice as you search for pop-up hampers are the varying heights available. One great thing about large bags like the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper and the DOKEHOM Large Laundry Basket is that you can not only keep laundry in them, but you can also store and transport items like quilts, coats and even toys.
- Hampers can be ideal breeding ground for unpleasant odors and unwanted moisture, especially if you toss wet items into them. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper is built with flexible, stretch mesh that not only makes room for your items but also promotes airflow.
- If you take your laundry to a room in your building complex or to a laundromat, finding a way to transport detergent and other items can be tough. The House Again Pop-Up Laundry Hamper has side pockets that are large enough to hold a midsized bottle of detergent, fabric softener, keys, mobile devices and whatever else you might want to take along with you.
- When your hamper is empty, it can be handy to either fold or collapse so that you can transport or store it. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper and House Again Pop-Up Laundry Hamper both fold down to shove into a small space when not in use. Other models can either fold or collapse for easy storage.
- Unlike many other foldable laundry hampers, the DOKEHOM Large Laundry Basket can stand on its own even when empty. That gives you the option of setting it up as a semipermanent hamper in your home or dorm room.
- Pop-up hampers are typically designed to be carried, so make sure you choose one with good handles. The handles on the DOKEHOM Large Laundry Basket are made from aluminum for strength, while also being padded to protect your hands while you’re carrying it.
- You don’t have to sacrifice durability for portability. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper features heavy-duty construction that includes thin metal bands that hold the mesh in place.
- The dyes in the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper not only provide brilliant color, but also ensure that they won’t fade over time.
- Cost is an important consideration, particularly for buyers on a budget. Although most pop-up hampers are affordable, the Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper is a true bargain.
- The look of your hamper can become a part of your décor, so that will likely be a big factor in your choice. The Handy Laundry Pop-Up Laundry Hamper comes in a variety of whimsical options that will be perfect for children. However, teens and adults can also opt for plain white, black or red designs that are more mature. The fun patterns available with some baskets make them a refreshing change from the typical collapsible hampers. Although the DOKEHOM Large Laundry Basket comes in multiple colors, you’ll either love or hate that the word “Laundry” is printed in large white letters on the side.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide