Slopehill 1800-Watt Professional Bioceramic Negative Ion Lightweight Hair Dryer
Last updated date: May 14, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Lightweight Hair Dryers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Lightweight Hair Dryer you should buy.
In our analysis of 53 expert reviews, the Slopehill Slopehill 1800-Watt Professional Bioceramic Negative Ion Lightweight Hair Dryer placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Lightweight Hair Dryer for a detailed review of all the top lightweight hair dryers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Designed with centrifugal 18 fan blades, ultra-strong permanent magnet motor, produce high-speed stable airflow for the fastest drying. Hand-held lightweight around 410g/14.46oz, enjoy for your hair care! Our hair dryer equipped with 3 magnetic attachments (one styling concentrator, one smoothing nozzle and one diffuser) to precisely meet the needs of all haiAdopts ion and bio-ceramic technology, our hair blower will release millions of moisturizing negative ions combined with far-infrared heat to reduce static and make hair soft and smooth. With constant temperature protection function, intelligent temperature control to prevent overheating damage, good for hair care.rstyles: curly, straight, thin or thick. 3 heating settings, 2 speeds and 1 cool shot button to quickly & easily lock hairstyles in place. Dust-free fan blades, wash free dryer. With Inner Cylinder Motor - Innovative technology for noise reduction and explosion-proof, which make our dryer safer and more reliable, suitable for old and young people to do a professional hair salon at home. Negative ion hair dryer with 3 magnetic styling attachments. You can use it at home, hair salon or send it to your family / friends as a gift. We Provide 30 days money free back, 1-Year seller support and lifetime dedicating email service to assure your long-term enjoyment.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Lightweight Hair Dryers
There’s a reason the hair dryer market continues to grow by 3.4% each year. Hair dryers are an important grooming tool that help men, women, children and even pets look their best. If you’re in need of a hair dryer that is light and easy to hold or one that won’t add pounds to your suitcase when traveling, you’ll want to keep an eye out for a few important features as you shop.
Start off examining the design of the lightweight hair dryer to make sure it meets your needs. For example, the Conair 1600-Watt Folding Lightweight Hair Dryer not only weighs just 1 pound, but it also has a handle that folds up to make it more compact. That’s an excellent choice for anyone who travels frequently for business or pleasure.
Next, take a look at how the hair dryer operates, as you want a model that is easy to use. The KIPOZI 1875-Watt Nano Ionic Low Noise Hair Dryer comes with an ergonomic handle for comfort when holding the hair dryer for extended periods of time. It’s also equipped with a hanging loop, a removable air filter and an ALCI safety plug.
Review the available settings to make sure you are able to tailor the lightweight hair dryer to meet your desired look. For example, the CONFU 1875-Watt Professional Ionic Hair Dryer offers three different heat settings, two speed settings and a cool shot button that works to lock in your finished hair style.
If you can afford to spend a little more for a lightweight hair dryer, the Dyson Supersonic Powerful Lightweight Hair Dryer is a great choice. It comes with a smoothing nozzle, concentrator and diffuser. After each use, your hair will feel smooth and frizz-free, as well as have a healthy shiny appearance. As an added bonus, the hair dryer utilizes heat shield technology to keep the surfaces of the hair dryer from becoming too hot.
DWYM Fun Fact
Original hair dryer designs used metal, which made the hair dryers bulky and quite heavy to hold. Once plastic was invented in the 1960s and inventors were able to figure out how to place the motor inside the hair dryer, this important grooming tool became more lightweight and easier to use.
Important safety measures were implemented in the design of hair dryers beginning in the 70s, due to the dangers of the units overheating and the previous incidences of electric shock. Not only are today’s lightweight hair dryers safe to use, but they also come with a host of speed and heat settings, as well as built-in technology that leaves hair smooth and shiny.
The Lightweight Hair Dryer Buying Guide
- Reviews report that some lightweight hair dryers have odd button placement. This can be frustrating, as users may accidentally hit the off button in the middle of using the dryer.
- Pay attention to the length of the lightweight hair dryer’s cord. Short cords restrict where you can use them, as you’ll be forced to stay near an outlet.
- Even if your hair dryer comes with a special safety plug, you’ll need to heed all of the electric shock warnings on the tag attached to the hair dryer to avoid danger.
- It’s good practice to set aside time every few weeks to give your lightweight hair dryer a good cleaning. The outside of the hair dryer can be wiped down with a cleaning wipe or a rag that has been moistened with a little dish soap and water. It’s important that you power down the hair dryer and unplug it before you clean it, or you put yourself at risk of an electric shock. Lastly, you need to remove the hair dryer’s air filter and either rinse it under the faucet (you can use a toothbrush to lift away any dust or dirt that isn’t coming up) or replace it.
- Get the most use out of your hair dryer by utilizing it to complete a variety of other tasks around the home. Hair dryers are capable of softening up candle wax to make it easier to clean up, drying out the water rings on your wooden coffee table, warming up your bed sheets on a cold winter night and softening butter for your favorite cookie recipe.
- The price for a lightweight hair dryer varies greatly based on design, number of settings and extra features. One of the most affordable hair dryers on the market is the Conair 1600-Watt Folding Lightweight Hair Dryer, which is more basic and compact in design. The CONFU 1875-Watt Professional Ionic Hair Dryer and the KIPOZI 1875-Watt Nano Ionic Low Noise Hair Dryer are moderately priced, while the Dyson Supersonic Powerful Lightweight Hair Dryer is able to command the highest price.