SlipToGrip Jumbo Door Mat
Last updated date: May 19, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Door Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Door Mat you should buy.
This door mat is available in black, brown and gray and has an attractive plaid design that really makes the mat stand out. With a surface made from a weatherproof PVC material, the door mat is made to last, even when subjected to rain and heavy winds. When the mat gets dirty, all you need to do is hose it down to get it all clean again. In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the SlipToGrip SlipToGrip Jumbo Door Mat placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Door Mat for a detailed review of all the top door mats.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
COPYRIGHT DESIGN - UNIVERSAL DOOR MAT WITH DURALOOP: Exclusive Plaid Design that looks great in any house. For use on a patio, in a garage, laundry room, entryway, and anywhere there is high traffic from outside. ANTI-SLIP & DURABLE - XL Size 42" by 35" Mat Mesh Captures dirt and debris. Provides cushion and non-slippery quality. WEATHERPROOF SURFACE - Made from PVC. Mats are waterproof and moisture resistant. Inside Door Mat or Outside Door Mat. EASY TO WASH - Spray water through soft Polypropylene fiber and the mat will be all clean and dust-free PHTHALATE & BPA FREE: Highest Quality outdoor / indoor mats, capturing dirt despite of using it for hours. If necessary, to remove any creases in these types of mats, you simply need to place them in the dryer for about 5 minutes on high heat and it flattens them out immediately, if wrinkled or creased during shipping
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Door Mats
While taking off your shoes the second you enter your home is the best way to prevent tracking dirt across your floors, it isn’t practical. For instance, you may need to make several trips back and forth to the car to grab your groceries. A doormat is the best solution to this problem, as you’ll be able to wipe your shoes clean before you walk through the door.
There are a few things you’ll want to look for when shopping for a new doormat.
First, you may want to consider going with a company that follows eco-friendly practices. The Durable Corporation Recycled Tire-Link Entrance Mat takes rubber tires that would end up in a landfill and transforms them into a weatherproof doormat.
Second, you want to examine the door mat’s pattern to ensure it is capable of removing the dirt from your shoes. For example, the California Home Goods Entry Floor Mats, 2-Pack has ribbed polyester grooves that are made specifically for this purpose.
Third, the mat should be able to absorb moisture, as it is going to be left outdoors. If you have pets, the Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Door Mat is a good choice, as pets will have wet paws that need drying. In fact, this mat has microfiber strands with a GSM absorption rate of 3000 and a drying rate that is five times faster than their competitors.
Finally, make sure the doormat isn’t going to slip out from underneath of you every time you go to use it. The Gorilla Grip Durable Door Mat, for example, uses all-natural rubber underneath that provides a nice anti-slip grip.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that studies have found that a person’s shoes are dirtier than a toilet seat? Your shoes can track everything from E. coli to the bacteria C. diff all over your house. While washing your shoes every so often is important, you’ll benefit from a doormat that helps wipe dirt off the soles of your shoes in between washings.
The Door Mat Buying Guide
- Most doormats can be cleaned using a vacuum hose, broom or a garden hose. There are a few mats that can even be tossed in your washing machine. It is important to always check the product’s cleaning instructions before you wash the mat for the first time. Most manufacturers recommend you do not use bleach or any other harsh cleaners on the mats.
- Always place the floor mat on a flat surface before you begin using it. You don’t want to chance any slip and falls.
- Avoid doormats with a rough backing. These may scratch or damage certain flooring types.
- Consider how durable and sturdy you mat is. You’ll want the mat to last for years to come.
- Construction is the biggest factor when it comes to doormat prices. The California Home Goods Entry Floor Mats, 2-Pack and the Gorilla Grip Durable Door Mat are on the lower end of the price scale. Made specifically for homes with pets, the Dog Gone Smart Dirty Dog Door Mat falls in the middle. The highest-priced doormat is the Durable Corporation Recycled Tire-Link Entrance Mat, which is made entirely out of recycled tires.