Skylight Frame Digital Picture Frame, 10in
Last updated date: January 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Picture Frames and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Picture Frame you should buy.
With the Skylight Frame Digital Picture Frame, 10in there's no need to wait for a printed picture to frame. Simply take 60 seconds to connect the digital frame to your Wi-Fi and then email a photo to the frame. You can even email multiple photos to create a slideshow. In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Skylight Frame Skylight Frame Digital Picture Frame, 10in placed 2nd when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Picture Frame for a detailed review of all the top picture frames.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
How Skylight Frame works DESIGNED TO DELIGHT Unboxing Skylight digital photo frame. Skylight digital photo frame Skylight touch screen photo frame Effortless 1-Minute Set Up Just plug Skylight in, tap the screen to log into your wi-fi network, and go! Email Photos to Your Skylight in Seconds Everyone in the fam can send to your Skylight's unique email from phone or computer, and photos arrive in seconds. Easy-To-Use Touch Screen Display Swipe through photos, browse the gallery, delete photos, or pause the slideshow, all with just a tap. send photos to skylight frame Favorite photos with touch screen skylight frame Skylight Frame digital photo display Skylight Highlights Newly Arrived Photos A visual notification makes it easy to see when new photos have arrived. The "Heart" Button Lets You Say Thank You Your loved one can tell you they loved a photo just by tapping the Heart button. Skylight then emails you to let you know! Enjoy Photos Without Wi-Fi Skylight requires wi-fi to receive new photos, but you can still view photos without a wi-fi connection.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Picture Frames
In addition to photographs, picture frames are excellent for displaying artwork, special certifications and even memorabilia, like ticket stubs or Broadway playbills. Adding picture frames to your wall or setting them on a mantle can make a house feel like a home.
If you’re in the market for a new picture frame, make sure you first consider how you want to hang the photo. Some frames only come with wall hooks, while others, like the Americanflat Picture Frame with Mat, 11×14, come with mounting materials. Check that you’ll be able to display the photo either vertically or horizontally, so you can set it just the way you want it.
There’s also the option of going with a frame that can be displayed on a shelf. For example, the AmazonBasics Picture Frame, 8×10 has an easel-back that allows the photo to rest on any flat surface.
Carefully inspect the frame to ensure it is sturdy and durable. The RPJC Solid Wood Picture Frame with Mat, 11×14 is made of solid wood and has a glass front to protect photos from dust and accidental scratches. The back is equipped with easy-open tabs for inserting and removing photos as often as you like. You can even get the frame in one of eight different colors.
Of course, in this high-tech world, you may want to go with a digital picture frame. This type of frame allows you to upload pictures and display them in a slideshow. The Skylight Frame Digital Picture Frame, 10in actually connects to your home Wi-Fi and uses a special email to electronically transfer pictures to the frame. It has a handy touch screen that allows you to quickly delete old photos or pause put the slideshow on pause.
DWYM Fun Fact
One of the first picture frames ever constructed was found in an Egyptian grave between 50-70 AD. The frame was made from wood and was used to display a picture of an unknown woman.
Surprisingly, picture frames are not subject to copyright law. Anyone can copy another person’s design and sell it as their own. Perhaps this is why there are so many similarly styled frames on the market. While classic frames are more likely to match the rest of your home decor, it can be more exciting to go with a uniquely designed frame that is more of a conversation starter.
The Picture Frame Buying Guide
- It’s good practice to dust your picture frames regularly to reduce the allergens in your home. This is especially important if anyone in the home is sensitive to dust, dust mites or pollen. A damp microfiber cleaning cloth will work well for this task.
- Cleaning a digital picture frame should be done with care. Stick with cleaning solutions specifically designed for use on LCD screens.
- Before purchasing a digital picture frame, find out if you’re required to open a paid account to view pictures and videos.
- Protect your purchase when buying picture frames that are on the expensive side by going with a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee or your money back.
- Size, construction and the number of frames in a set all play a roll in the cost of a picture frame. The RPJC Solid Wood Picture Frame with Mat, 11×14 and the Americanflat Picture Frame with Mat, 11×14 are the most affordable frames, thanks to their simplistic designs. The AmazonBasics Picture Frame, 8×10 costs just a little bit more, thanks to the addition of a second picture frame. You’ll find the Skylight Frame Digital Picture Frame, 10in has the biggest price tag, but that’s because it uses digital technology that requires connecting to your home Wi-Fi.