SKY LIGHT Steak Knives
Last updated date: February 25, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Steak Knives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Steak Knife you should buy.
Update as February 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Steak Knife for a detailed review of all the top steak knives.
The SKY LIGHT Steak Knives have stainless steel blades with a smooth edge instead of the traditional serrated edge. This allows for cleaner cuts and the ability to remove meat directly from the bone. The non-slip handles are comfortable to hold and made using an attractive ebony wood. Another plus is the lifetime warranty provided by the manufacturer that covers any defects or problems with the workmanship.
In our analysis of 90 expert reviews, the SKY LIGHT Steak Knives placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
steak knife SKY LIGHT's Mission & Promise SKY LIGHT's Mission is to bring the art of old-fashioned craftsmanship to your kitchen with advanced modern technology. Each knife from SKY LIGHT has gone through the extremely strict detection before it comes to your end. No defect is allowed from the very begining process. Limited Life-Time Support if there is any problems during usage. steak knife package Delicated Boxed Knife Sets - Premium Steak Sets chef knife, 8 in chef knife SKY CARE for YOU Watch out for the sharp cutter edge and eliminate direct hand touch. Clean the knife with soapy cloth after every use and keep it dry and safe. Hand washing is recommended yet safe for dishwasher. Hone the knife with honing steel every 2-3 month to maintain its sharpness. Steak Knives Set 4.5 Inch Table Knife - Straight Edge Flade Blade Kitchen Cutlery (4-Piece) Non-serrated Steak Knife The steak knives are non serrated, have straight edges, which cut steaks and other foods very smoothly without tears and ridges, also it can be used as utility knife, table knife and dinner knife. Peak Performance Sharp Edge - 15°angle per side, Hand Polished over 60 days by seasoned craftsman Precisely forged by extraordinary quality stainless steel X50CrMoV15 at 58+ Rockwell Hardness Nitrogen cooled for enhanced hardness, flexibility and corrosion resistance to assure your best cut Military Grade High Polymer Handle - Highly impervious to heat, cold and moisture. Ergonomic handle for superior hand control, agility and comfort. steak knife draft Ergonomic Design Ergonomic design for perfect balance, maximum comfort and best manipulation. Unique design of protective guard settles down your gingerly fingers. Cut like a lightening spilts the sky. No more Popeye's arm at all. steak knife draft German high carbon stainless steel precisely forged chef knife steak knife blade steak knife performance Steak Knives Set - Straight Edge Blade Kitchen Cutlery(4-piece) Damascus Chef Knife, 8-inch Kitchen Knife Santoku Knife Kitchen Knife Japanese Chef Knife Damascus Santoku Chef Knife, Damascus Santoku Knife 7" Cleaver, Chinese Butcher Knife Blade Length 4.5 inch 8 inch 7 inch 7 inch 7 inch Total Length 10.5 " 13.98" 12.6" 12.79" 11.9" Blade Material Type X50CrMoV15 AUS-10V X50CrMoV15 AUS-10V X50CrMoV15 Handle Material Type High Polymer G-10 High Polymer G-10 High Polymer Rockwell Hardness 58+ 62 58+ 62 58+ Item Weight 4.4 ounces 10.7 ounces 9 ounces 10.9 ounces 13.5 ounces
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Julie Chernoff is a long-time member of Les Dames d’Escoffier (past president of the Chicago Chapter, and current co-chair of the LDEI Legacy Awards Committee), the Association of Food Journalists (AFJ) and the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
Chernoff is the dining editor of Better, a lifestyle website and print magazine. Her journalism started in the test kitchens of Weight Watchers Magazine. She holds a BA in English from Yale University and is a graduate of the California Culinary Academy. She has spent the last few decades styling, photographing, teaching, developing recipes, editing, thinking and writing about food.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Steak Knives
If you’re a carnivore, you’ll want to consider adding a set of steak knives to your dining set.
“Meat-eaters only need apply when we are talking about steak knives,” says our expert Julie Chernoff, dining editor of Better, a lifestyle website and print magazine. “[Steak knives] need to be kept super sharp to cut through thick proteins.”
This is especially important if your main source of protein comes from meat and poultry. Traditional dinner knives aren’t going to be sharp enough to cut through a thick steak or chicken breast.
As you shop for the best set of steak knives, keep the following features in mind:
Start off examining the steak knife’s blade. Most are made from a quality stainless steel that resists rust and corrosion. Depending on the how the knives are forged, however, they may come sharpened with the need to be resharpened every so often, or they may not require sharpening at all, like the AmazonBasics Kitchen Steak Knife Set, 8-Piece.
You’ll also want to check the blade’s edges. Straight edges are nice if you’re looking for clean cuts, while micro-serrated edges are designed to assist you with cutting through tougher meats. There are also models, like the Emojoy Steak Knives, that feature rock-hollow dimples, which help guide the beef and poultry off the knife after it’s been cut.
Look to see how the blade and handle are connected. Models that feature a blade that extends all the way through to the end of the handle are ideal, as they are less likely to break free from the handle when you put extra pressure on them.
Verify that the handle is comfortable to hold and that it has an ergonomic design. This ensures you have full control of the knife and that you are able to cut meat with as little effort as possible. The handles on the SKY LIGHT Steak Knives meet these standards and also add a non-slip element to prevent accidental cuts. It’s a bonus if you find a knife set with handles that are waterproof. You won’t have to immediately dry these handles after use, as they won’t rot like non-waterproof models.
Look for any extras that add value to the steak knife set. Some sets come with sheaths to protect the knives or a beautifully designed gift box. The gift box not only gives you a place to store the knives, but it also makes the set an excellent choice for a housewarming, birthday or wedding gift.
The Steak Knife Buying Guide
- Look for a customer satisfaction guarantee or a warranty before buying a set of steak knives. You may be surprised to learn that many companies actually offer a lifetime warranty on their knives, although some companies limit the lifetime warranty to certain defects. Still, that offers you more protection than you’d get with a set that had no warranties or guarantees.
- Many steak knife sets are not dishwasher-safe and require owners to wash them by hand. It’s important to note that when you wash your steak knives, you should never toss them in a dishpan of soapy water with other utensils, plates or bowls, as doing this puts you at risk of getting cut.
- Never use a steak knife for anything other than cutting food. Cutting other surfaces will dull the blades and make them ineffective the next time you go to slice through your steak.
- Over time, the blades on your steak knife will dull, even when you are using them properly and for strictly cutting food. When that happens, you’ll need to use a sharpening tool to restore the blades back to their former glory. Just keep in mind that steak knives with serrated edges should be sharpened by a handheld knife sharpener instead of an electric knife sharpener, as you’ll need to carefully sharpen in between each edge.
- In the event that your knife set doesn’t come with its own knife block, you’ll want to purchase a block to safely store them when they’re not in use. They make counter blocks, as well as in-drawer blocks. If you prefer, you can install a magnetic strip on your kitchen wall to hold the knives.
- You’ll find that the prices for steak knife sets vary greatly. There are several factors involved in setting the price for these knives, with the two most important being the quality of the construction and the presentation. You’ll find the Emojoy Steak Knives and the AmazonBasics Kitchen Steak Knife Set, 8-Piece are more basic in design, and therefore have a lower price tag. The SKY LIGHT Steak Knives fall somewhere in the middle.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide