SKY LIGHT 7 Inch Butchers Knife
Last updated date: December 3, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vegetable Cleavers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vegetable Cleaver you should buy.
Editor's Note December 27, 2019:
Checkout The Best Vegetable Cleaver for a detailed review of all the top vegetable cleavers.
In our analysis of 53 expert reviews, the SKY LIGHT SKY LIGHT 7 Inch Butchers Knife placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SKY LIGHT's Mission & Promise SKY LIGHT's Mission & Promise SKY LIGHT's Mission is to bring the art of old-fashioned craftsmanship to your kitchen with advanced modern technology. Each knife from SKY LIGHT has gone through the extremely strict detection before it comes to your end. No defect is allowed from the very beginning process. 300*300 cleaver Full Tang Construction This cleaver is composed of a single piece of fully forged steel that forms the blade, bolster, and tang. This full tang construction provides added strength and balance while slicing, chopping, and dicing. 300*300 cleaver 300*300 cleaver 300*300 cleaver 300*300 cleaver SKY LIGHT's Design & Art 220*220 cleaver 220*220 cleaver 220*220 cleaver 220*220 cleaver Ergonomic Design Ergonomic design for perfect balance, maximum comfort and best manipulation. Unique design of protective guard settles down your gingerly fingers. Cut like a lightening spilts the sky. Premium German Steel The blade is forged from premium high-carbon, no-stain German steel. The high carbon content allows the knife to be sharpened easily and maintain its edge while resisting stains and discoloration. Precisely Fully Forging Over 60 days hand forging by seasoned craftsman. Precisely tempered for added durability and nitrogen cooled for enhanced hardness. Hand Polished Hand Polished by seasoned craftsman. From the tiniest detail to hundreds of hours of design and testing, each knife is a work of love, dedication and expert craftsmanship. 300*300 cleaver SKY LIGHT's USE & CARE ✓ Watch out for the sharp cutter edge and eliminate direct hand touch. ✓ Please do NOT use this Cleaver on joints, bones, tough forzen meat since the blade is thinner and ultra-sharp ✓ Clean the knife with soapy cloth after every use and keep it dry and safe. ✓ Hand washing is recommended yet safe for dishwasher. ✓ Hone the knife with honing steel every 2-3 month to maintain its sharpness. 970*600 cleaver
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Vegetable Cleavers
Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or you’re working your way up to be a professional chef, knife skills are of the utmost importance. Not only do they ensure you are safe in the kitchen, they help you to make expert and efficient cuts. When honing your knife skills, be sure to find a knife that’s easy to use and comfortable to hold. Keep in mind that not all knives are good for cutting all ingredients.
When you’re working specifically with vegetables, many chefs and home cooks alike opt for the vegetable cleaver. Keep in mind that this is not the same tool you’d use to cut through meat or bone. While it may look similar, it’s actually designed differently. The difference is all in the height of the blade. Most meat cleavers have a blade that is between four and five inches. A vegetable cleaver, on the other hand, has a blade that is between two and three inches. This height makes it perfect for expert knife maneuvers while ensuring that the vegetables don’t get bruised or smashed.
One of the bonuses of having a large, flat blade is that it helps transport the vegetables you’ve chopped. After you’re done slicing and dicing, you can use the blade to carry vegetables over to your pots and pans. It’s also great for cleaning off your cutting board. You can use the sharp, wide blade to scrape off any bits and pieces you don’t need.
In addition to chopping vegetables, did you know that the vegetable cleaver has a few other purposes? It is the perfect shape and size to cut through small chicken bones. The dull side of the blade can also cut through a coconut shell. You can also use a vegetable cleaver to split a lobster shell and get to the juicy insides.
The Vegetable Cleaver Buying Guide
- When searching for the right vegetable cleaver for your kitchen, be sure to pay attention to the kind of material it’s made out of. Many chefs prefer stainless steel or a mixture of carbon and stainless steel as these will not rust. The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife is made out of a German imported stainless steel that is resistant to rust and ensures cutting performance and durability. The J.A. Henckels 7-Inch Signature Vegetable Cleaver is made out of a special formula high carbon no-stain steel. The one-piece blade offers extreme precision and stays sharper longer. The Kyocera Ceramic 6-inch Nakiri Vegetable Cleaver is made from Kyocera’s proprietary zirconia material and produced in Japan. A ceramic blade will stay sharp ten times longer than a steel blade. The TUO Cutlery Vegetable Meat Cleaver Knife is made out of high carbon German steel. It’s precisely tempered and stain-resistant.
- While the blade is of the utmost importance when searching for a high-quality vegetable cleaver, you also want to pay attention to the material and shape of the handle. The handle of a knife is what provides maneuverability, control and comfort. If the handle is not shaped well or is flimsy, you risk injuring yourself or making imperfect cuts. The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife has an ergonomic handle made out of pakkawood, which makes it comfortable to hold and maneuver. The J.A. Henckels 7-Inch Signature Vegetable Cleaver comes with an ergonomic polymer handle, which is perfectly bonded and has a full tang. The TUO Cutlery Vegetable Meat Cleaver Knife has a luxurious handle that is sourced from Africa. It’s made out of pakkawood and is easy to hold.
- Keeping your vegetable cleavers clean after use is an important element to review. Are you looking for a knife that can go in the dishwasher, or do you enjoy handwashing your knives? The Imarku 7-Inch Chinese Vegetable Kitchen Knife should be cleaned using warm water and soap in the sink. On the other hand, the Kyocera Ceramic 6-inch Nakiri Vegetable Cleaver is dishwasher-safe and can be placed in the top rack.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide