Skog Å Kust BackSåk Floating Waterproof Exterior Zippered Pocket Roll Top Backpack
Last updated date: November 2, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Roll Top Backpacks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Roll Top Backpack you should buy.
Update as November 3, 2021:
Checkout The Best Roll Top Backpack for a detailed review of all the top roll top backpacks.
This roll-top backpack is best used for outdoor activities, such as hiking, kayaking and weekend fishing trips. It's made using a heavy-duty 500-denier PVC and has welded seams to keep it waterproof. Users will appreciate the abundance of pockets, as well as the padded back support and included sternum clip.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Skog Å Kust BackSåk Floating Waterproof Exterior Zippered Pocket Roll Top Backpack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
From the Swedish words meaning “Forest, Creek, Coast”. At S.Å.K. we produce functional, durable products for outdoor enthusiasts with a focus on all-weather protection. Our goal is to design and manufacture uniquely simple, yet highly functional gear that is attractive enough for daily use. Waterproof Rating: BackSåk is rated IPX-6; it is intended to protect your belongings from rain, splashes, and intermittent shallow submersions – such as dropping overboard or accidentally falling into the water. It is NOT intended for underwater use or prolonged submersions. Sternum clip & padded back support help relieve pressure on muscles. Thick, cushioned straps adjust for custom comfort. Handy D-rings at sides to attach water bottles & other gear. Simply roll down the top and click the top clip to create an instant handle, or use the side clips & adjust for a snug, compressed fit – it’s IPX-6 waterproof either way! A large splash-proof outer pocket has enough room for keys, IDs and more. Plus the reflective trim surround allows you and your bag to be easily spotted in low-light conditions. Inside BackSåk has a large zippered pocket, 2 mesh pockets and a key clip – helping you to organize your gear.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Roll Top Backpacks
Hikers aren’t the only ones using roll top backpacks these days. In recent years, students, professionals and many others have discovered the benefits of this style. As the name implies, a roll top backpack has a top that rolls down, reducing the flaps, clasps and zippers that have long been a part of backpacks of all styles. By eliminating the flap, you also keep water and air from getting into the backpack, which better protects internal contents when the weather gets bad.
But there’s another benefit to the roll top style. By rolling up and down, you create a backpack that can expand and contract as you need it to. If you, for instance, fill the main compartment with a laptop and your hoodie, you may need the top to be rolled only a small amount. If you’re having a light day, though, and just need that hoodie and your phone, the roll top can be folded down to make the backpack take up less real estate on your back.
Due to this flexibility, experts recommend choosing a roll top backpack in the largest size available. You may not ever fill it to its fullest capacity, but you’ll have the space available. Simply roll the top down until you reach your contents and you’ll have a backpack that is sized to fit your belongings.
In addition to resisting the elements, roll top backpacks are popular because they feature a wide opening. Instead of trying to squeeze your items in through a narrow gap, you can easily drop them in, then roll the top to secure them. They also tend to be more durable than traditional backpacks. This is in part due to the design being more flexible, but they’re also typically made with durable, weatherproof material that can withstand years of use without losing their shape.
The Roll Top Backpack Buying Guide
- The first thing to look at in a roll top backpack is the material. You’ll find a variety of options in these backpacks, including polyester and nylon. The material is crucial to providing the weatherproofing you need to keep your internal contents safe.
- If you’ll be carrying your laptop in your backpack, look for one with a padded main compartment.
- Backpacks need at least one or two smaller pockets for storing items like your smartphone and keys. Make sure these areas of the backpack are weatherproof, as well, if you’re going for a pack that has water resistance.
- Many roll top backpacks promise to deter theft. This often is done simply by providing multiple latches to make it harder for a thief to get in. You’ll still need to make sure your bag is supervised at all times, particularly if you’re keeping valuable electronics inside. Some also have a hidden compartment for storing your phone, which may help keep your mobile device safe if your laptop is briefly unattended.
- Check the capacity of your backpack if you’re planning to use it to carry your laptop. Many can only accommodate a laptop with a screen up to 15.6 inches, so you’ll have to shop around if you have a larger model.
- Occasionally, you’ll need to clean your backpack. Nylon-cotton blends are machine washable, making it easy to drop your backpack into the washing machine for a quick refresh.
- Backpacks can get heavy when they’re filled with your belongings. The last thing you need is a material that weighs it down, as well, especially if you’re going for a long hike. Look for a backpack made with nylon or polyester to keep your load as light as possible.
- As handy as a roll top closure is, you’ll still need something to keep it closed. Make sure it clasps in a way that it won’t fly open while it’s on your back.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide