SKLZ Pop-Back Impact Practice Softball, 8-Pack
Last updated date: October 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Softballs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Softball you should buy.
Update as October 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Softballs for a detailed review of all the top softballs.
These softballs are practically indestructible, made from a proprietary material. They help players improve their confidence during warm-ups and practice. The balls help hitters fine-tune their swings.
In our analysis, the SKLZ SKLZ Pop-Back Impact Practice Softball, 8-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
INSTANT FEEDBACK. Get a better analysis of your player’s engagement with the ball as you get instant feedback when the bat and ball connect. Give hitters the tools to fine-tune their swing and control their power. PRACTICALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE. Designed with proprietary pop-back material, these practice baseballs won’t crack or shatter. These are made to withstand thousands of hits, lasting season after season. LIMITED FLIGHT DESIGN. Heavier than standard practice balls, the SKLZ Impact Practice Softballs provide a more authentic feel. Get a more realistic flight when hitting and pitching. Practice in a limited space with minimal retrieval. IMPROVE CONFIDENCE AT BAT. Give your player the tools they need before stepping up to the plate. The SKLZ Impact Softballs are the perfect tool for warms ups when you don’t have access to batting cages or a batting screen for protection. INVEST IN YOUR SKILLS. It doesn’t matter if you’re coaching a team, or working with your all-star child, the proper equipment will make life easier. SKLZ is committed preparing your athlete to be better at their sport.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Softballs
A descendant of baseball, softball is a similar bat-and-ball sport that is played between two teams. Each team has 10 players, and the game is played on a large field with four bases that is a little smaller than a baseball diamond. The goal of the game is to score more runs than the other team by hitting the ball into play and then running the bases.
While the rules of softball are similar to baseball, one of the key differences between the two games is in the ball itself. Softballs are actually a larger size than baseballs. Another difference is that in baseball, the pitcher throws overhand. However, in softball, the pitcher throws underhand.
The name softball suggests that the ball will be soft. However, that’s not the case. In fact, a standard softball is even harder than a baseball. Most softballs are the same bright yellow color and all look the same; however, there are some differences in quality that are important to note if you’re looking to buy a new softball.
Be sure to look at the size of the softball, which uses the circumference measurement. The smallest-size softballs are around 11 inches, and these are usually used for kids’ games because they are the right size for their hands. Some slow-pitch softball games that are co-ed may also use an 11-inch softball. A 12-inch softball is the most common size you will find. It can be used for both fast-pitch and slow-pitch games for youth and adults. There are also 14-inch softballs, which are used in slow-pitch games. These large balls don’t travel fast or far, so they are better for recreational as opposed to competitive games. The largest size of softball is 16 inches, which is often used for senior or wheelchair games. It is a safer option as the ball travels slowly.
The Softball Buying Guide
- The cover of a softball is made from either a natural or synthetic leather. Natural leather typically lasts longer than synthetic and offers a better grip in wet conditions. However, synthetic leather softballs are more affordable than natural leather.
- Take a look at the seams on a softball. Some are slightly raised which provides a better grip on the ball. Some lie flat on the leather for a smoother feel. The stitching can either be blue or red. If you play in a league, they may specify what kind of stitching your softball needs to have.
- The core of a softball Is made from a number of different materials, including polyurethane, cork and rubber. The type of core you have will affect the compression rating and the COR rating of the softball. A ball with a high compression rating is one that has a hard core and will travel far. If you’re playing in a league, they will specify the compression rating required for the softballs, such as 275, 350, 400 or 525 pounds.
- COR, also known as the coefficient of restitution, refers to how much the softball will bounce against a surface (such as a bat or the ground). A softball that has a high COR rating will bounce farther than one with a low COR rating. Common COR ratings include .40, .44 and .52. Many softball leagues specify the COR rating for your softballs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide