Skip Hop Buckle Closure Wipe-Clean Portable Changing Station
Last updated date: May 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Changing Stations and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Changing Station you should buy.
Update as May 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Portable Changing Station for a detailed review of all the top portable changing stations.
You'll have plenty of room to change your baby's diaper or clothing when you opt for the extra-wide Skip Hop Portable Changing Mat. The mat has both inner and outer pockets for storage and a built-in pillow to support baby's head. After each change, all you have to do is wipe the surface clean, fold the pad up and attach the outer clip and you're all done.
In our analysis of 66 expert reviews, the Skip Hop Buckle Closure Wipe-Clean Portable Changing Station placed 10th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The ultimate diaper changing tool makes baby changing easy-no matter where you are. Our ultra-convenient clutch features a wipe-clean, zip-off changing pad, built-in pillow and translucent wipes case for timely refills. The large mesh pocket holds up to four diapers plus creams and other essentials, while the front zippered pocket is perfect for keys, cell phone or other personal items. Simply drop the Pronto in your bag, strap it to your wrist or clip it to your stroller and go! Front zipper pocket for keys, wallet, phone, and personal items Drop it in any bag, strap it to your wrist or clip it to your stroller Pronto pillow keeps baby’s head comfy Mesh pocket holds up to four large diapers, creams and other essentials Translucent wipes case is see-through for timely reloads Two products in one-changing pad zips off of clutch for independent use Extra-wide wipe-clean changing pad Size – Closed (inches): 11.75l x 4w x 8.25h; (cm): 30l x 10w x 21h Size – Changing pad (inches): 23.5l x 21.75w Brand Story By Skip Hop
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Changing Stations
Parents who find themselves always on the go will need a safe and healthy way to change their babies away from their home changing tables. Portable changing stations are an excellent solution to this problem.
“When out and about with your little one, few things are guaranteed, but at some point, they will be hungry and they will poop or pee,” says parenting expert Kate Desmond. “You will want to be prepared for both with an arsenal of breast, bottle or snacks, and you’ll definitely need a diaper changing plan. This plan will most likely include a portable changing pad to ensure your baby’s bottom doesn’t soil their surroundings and the surroundings don’t soil your baby.”
As you search available models, you’ll want to keep the following information in mind:
Review the material used to make the changing pad. Not only do you want to make sure the pad is constructed using non-toxic materials that are safe up against the baby’s skin, but you’ll also want to make sure the pad is waterproof.
“The best portable changing pads cover a large area without taking up to much room in your bag,” says Desmond. “Look for one that folds and unfolds easily — you’ll want to be able to do this with one hand if necessary. Also imperative, the changing pad needs to be wipeable and washable. It will get stuff on it, and you will need to make sure it is properly sanitized every few uses or whenever the moment calls for it.“
Check to see if the portable changing station has enough storage to hold diapers, wipes and either lotion or a tube of diaper cream. The Comfy Cubs Baby Portable Changing Pad actually has three separate storage compartments. There are two on the inside and one on the outside. The outer pocket is a nice addition, as it gives parents a place to store their car keys, phone and wallet when out and about.
“Some portable changing pads have pouches for diapers and wipes. This is a nice feature if you want to be able to pluck it out of your bag without dragging everything to the restroom with you,” Desmond says.
Examine the padding to make sure it’s comfortable. If you have to lay your baby on a hardwood floor, for example, you’ll want the pad to provide extra cushioning. Some products also have a built-in pillow with extra padding to support your baby’s head.
Look at the portable changing station’s straps next. You’ll find most offer either a handle for easily carrying the pad, or a strap that can be attached to your wrist or your baby’s stroller. Of course, depending on the size of the pad, you may even be able to slide the pad in your diaper bag instead of having to carry it separately.
Consider models that have a little something extra to offer. There are models that offer tall contoured sides that keep the baby from rolling off the pad, or a quick-release buckle that safely keeps the baby in the center of the pad until you’ve finished changing her diaper. Another safety feature is an anti-slip rubber bottom, so even if you have to place it on tile or hardwood flooring, it won’t move across the floor.
Finally, inspect the style and pattern of the portable changing station to choose one that matches your taste. Some models are solid in color, while others have polka dots or stripes. A few are so sleek and classy that they don’t even resemble diaper pads at all.
The Portable Changing Station Buying Guide
- Always read the product care label before you attempt to clean your portable changing station. Many have waterproof surfaces that can quickly be wiped down with a baby or cleaning wipe. Some require spot cleaning on the outer surfaces, while others have pads that can be tossed in the washing machine.
- When at home, try to stick with changing your baby in the same area every time. It’s important that you don’t change your baby in any location where food is being prepared. You don’t want to leave behind any germs that could easily contaminate your next meal.
- Always pack your portable changing station with everything you’ll need for the diaper change and then get those items out before you start changing your baby. Items to pack include diapers, wipes and rash cream. You may also want to have a spare outfit in case your baby has an accident through his clothes.
- Never leave your baby unsupervised on the portable changing pad, even if the baby has not previously rolled over. This is especially important if you aren’t changing the baby on the floor, as your baby could fall and suffer an injury.
- After each diaper change, roll the soiled diaper up into a ball and use the adhesive tabs to secure it. This is the best way to seal in the germs before transporting the diaper to a trash can or baby diaper pail.
- Portable changing stations are available at a wide range of prices. These vary based on special features and the actual style of the pads.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide