SINGER Professional Stainless Steel Sewing Scissors, 3-Pack
Last updated date: May 25, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as May 25, 2022:
Checkout The Best Sewing Scissors for a detailed review of all the top .
The blades on these sewing scissors are hand tested to make sure you're getting the highest quality possible. In addition to the traditional 8 1/2-inch scissors, this bundle also comes with 4 1/2-inch detail scissors and a thread snip. All of the pieces in the set have a comfortable handle that allows for a firm grip.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the SINGER Professional Stainless Steel Sewing Scissors, 3-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Includes Singer ProSeries Thread Snips, ProSeries 8 1/2 inch Heavy Duty Scissors, and ProSeries 4 1/2 inch Detail Scissors. 5-inch thread snips to easily snip away unwanted fabric threads during sewing or crafting projects. 8.5-inch dressmaker scissors for easily cutting through multiple layers of fabric for sewing or crafting projects. Scissor blades have been individually inspected and hand tested to ensure quality. Right- or Left-handed use.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Whether you’re an avid sewer, toiling away for hours at a time, or you’re just getting started, you need a full set of supplies. One essential in every sewer’s toolkit is a good pair of scissors. But you can waste hours using the wrong pair before you finally learn what you’ve been missing all along.
Sure, you probably have a pair of general household scissors. You can use those on your sewing endeavors in a pinch, but if you plan to put serious time into your craft, you’ll need a high-quality pair of scissors. Not only will this help you get cleaner cuts, but it will reduce the amount of effort you have to put into it. This will cut down on fatigue and keep you at the task longer and with less frustration.
The first thing to look at is the blade. You’ll want a pair that will stay sharp, cut after cut. You’ll often see this feature advertised as ultra-sharp and titanium-coated. But it’s also important to look for blades that are stainless steel because they’ll resist rust and corrosion.
The handle is also important. You’ll need one that keeps your hand comfortable while you work. Many have ergonomic grips designed to reduce stress on your hands. A lightweight build will also help, although make sure you aren’t sacrificing sharpness and quality for this comfort.
The Buying Guide
- When looking for scissors for sewing, make sure you narrow your search to scissors specifically marketed for that. You may have to pay more than you would for typical scissors, but the boost in quality will be well worth it.
- You’ll find one distinguishing factor with sewing scissors is that the blade sits at an angle. This angle gives you the ergonomics you need.
- If you have arthritis or other hand issues, you can find scissors designed specifically for that. They use a spring action to give you assistance when you’re cutting.
- Left-handed sewers will need to look specifically for a pair that is made for use with that hand.
- One issue that you’ll encounter when using scissors for sewing is contact with adhesives. Even if your blade slices through it, you may find a sticky residue remains. Some blades have a coating that keeps the adhesive from sticking around.
- In addition to general sewing scissors, there are some specialized scissors you’ll find come in handy. Pinking shears will help you cut fabric in a zigzag pattern to keep the edges from fraying, while thread clippers will do a more precise job at those fine cuts.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide