Simple Modern Summit Wide Mouth Water Bottle
Last updated date: February 3, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Reusable Water Bottles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Reusable Water Bottle you should buy.
Made from a BPA-free and FDA approved food grade stainless steel, the Simple Modern Summit Wide Mouth Water Bottle is extremely durable and rust-resistant. The bottle comes in solid colors, as well as a variety of fun patterns, including floral prints and polka dots. Users can also choose between the following four sizes: 14 oz, 18 oz, 22 oz and 32 oz. In our analysis of 74 expert reviews, the Simple Modern Simple Modern Summit Wide Mouth Water Bottle placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Reusable Water Bottle for a detailed review of all the top reusable water bottles.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Simple Modern logo Simple Modern Insulated Water Bottles Stay hydrated in style with a sleek bottle that takes care of your favorite drink. Simple Modern bottles are made of stainless steel and have double-walled insulation, which means your beverage will stay hot or cold for hours. Easily fill your bottle with ice and clean it through the wide mouth opening. Shop our huge selection of styles, sizes and colors to find the one that is perfect for your lifestyle. Simple Modern Summit with Flip Lid and Stainless Steel Lid - Vacuum Insulated Vacuum Insulated Vacuum Insulation Technology The Summit bottles have a double-walled exterior with a vacuum seal between the walls. This means your drink will stay at its ideal temperature for hours. Plus, the exterior will never sweat or get hot or cold to the touch. Say goodbye to water rings on tables and drawers full of coasters and Kooizes—Simple Modern is all you need! Vacuum Insulated Vacuum Insulation Technology Copper Coated Insulation Copper Coated Insulation 18/8 Stainless Steel Premium 18/8 Stainless Steel Simple Modern Summit Flip Lid and Stainless Steel Lids Included: Flip Lid & Stainless Steel Lid Why Simple Modern? BeKnown Giving Simple Modern Team BE KNOWN We believe relationships are the most important aspect of life. Simple Modern products are crafted to be as unique as you are, and designed to inspire community with others. Sharing a drink, engaging in conversations and taking on adventures with new friends is a great way to do just that. Our hope is that each product we make will help you express yourself and be known. SHARE GENEROUSLY Life is more meaningful when we give. This is the inspiration for our commitment to donate a minimum of 10 percent of our profits each year to helping others. Sharing generously is about more than just giving money—it’s about serving people. As a company, we value volunteering. Our hope is to encourage you to find ways to personally help others in your own life. REDEFINE BUSINESS Simple Modern is based in Norman, Oklahoma, & was founded on the idea that business could be done differently. Our desire to inspire relationships, generosity, & excellence are the heartbeat of every decision we make. Simple Modern is 100% owned by its employees, we always put people above profits. 14oz Kids Summit Water Bottle Vacuum Insulated 18oz Summit with Flip Lid 22oz Summit wtih Chug and Boot 32oz Collegiate Summit 64oz Summit with Straw Lid 84oz Summit with Handle Lid 14oz Kid's Bottle with Straw Lid 18oz with Flip Lid 22oz with Chug Lid & Boot 32oz Collegiate 64oz with Straw Lid 84oz with Handle Lid Mouth (in) 2.25 2.25 2.25 2.25 2.25 2.25 Bottle Base (in) 2.9 2.9 2.9 3.5 4.8 4.8 Bottle Height (in) 6 7.8 9.4 9 10 12.7 Weight (oz) 7.5 9.3 11 13.2 1lb 11.4oz 2lb 3.6oz Hours Cold 14 18 24 28 40 48 Fits Cupholders ✓ ✓ ✓ Simple Modern Summit Silicone Protective Boot Simple Modern Summit Chug Sports Lid Simple Modern Summit Straw Lid Simple Modern Summit Flip Lid Simple Modern Summit Sippy Lid Simple Modern Brush Silicone Boot Chug Sports Lid Straw Lid Flip Coffee Lid Sippy Kids Lid Bottle Brush Fits All Summit Sizes ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Leak Proof ✓ Color Options Available ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Double Wall Insulated ✓ Fits Hydro Flask Wide Mouth Bottles ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Reusable Water Bottles
Did you know that it can take up to 500 years for plastic water bottles to decompose after being dumped in a landfill? Instead of purchasing these disposable plastic bottles, consider helping the environment out by utilizing reusable water bottles. While you shop for a model that best suits your lifestyle, keep the following features in mind:
Examine the material used to make the bottle. Some models are made using food-grade 18/8 stainless steel, which is not only durable but also resists rust and discoloration. Other models are constructed from a BPA-free and non-toxic Tritan Co-Polyester plastic. It’s important that you don’t use a plastic water bottle that contains toxins, as they can leak into the water that you drink.
Check the bottle’s insulation next. The Simple Modern Summit Wide Mouth Water Bottle is double-walled and vacuum-insulated, which means it not only keeps your drinks cold for hours, but it can also keep hot drinks, like coffee and tea, warm for hours.
Review how the lid functions. Not only do you want the lid to prevent leaks and spills, but you also want it to be easy to use, especially if you’re working out and you only have one hand to spare. The Embrava 32 oz. Best Sports Water Bottle has a one-click opening mechanism, so you can take a sip of water while cycling, hiking or jogging in the park. Some models also include a protective spout that keeps dust and dirt from getting on the mouthpiece.
Don’t forget to check the size of the opening beneath the lid. The Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle has a wide mouth and can fit most water filters, as well as ice cubes. Just keep in mind that some wide-mouth bottles are also wide at the base, making them unable to fit in most cup holders. While narrow-mouth water bottles don’t allow for the addition of ice cubes, they do provide better flow and they will fit in your car’s cup holders.
Consider any extras that the reusable water bottle may have to offer. The Contigo 24 oz. Autoseal Chill Water Bottle has an integrated carrying handle for easy travel. Some bottles come in a choice of as many as 22 different colors and patterns. Some bottles are designed to be elegant with frosted casings or matte finishes, as well as bottles that come with measurements so you can track your water intake throughout the day.
DWYM Fun Fact
Humans have been drinking from bottles for years. During Medieval times, people would fill flasks made from animal skins with water so they could keep hydrated while working or traveling. Clay bottles were used in the 1800s to hold other liquids, like whiskey and gin.
Fast forward to the 1900s and you’ll find farmers were utilizing glass bottles to hold their water. It wasn’t just the farmers, either. Companies like Evian, Perrier and Deer Park started packaging bottled water that was sold in glass bottles. It wasn’t until World War II that plastic became the material of choice.
Over time, it was discovered that disposable plastic bottles, although convenient, contained toxic chemicals, like BPA, and that those chemicals were capable of leaking into the water. Another problem is that are a million bottles sold per minute. These bottles end up in landfills and oceans, and this is not healthy for our environment.
As people grow more aware of environmental issues, they are able to realize the importance of switching from disposable plastic water bottles to reusable ones. The majority of reusable bottles are made from either stainless steel or aluminum, both of which are durable and free from harmful toxins.
The Reusable Water Bottle Buying Guide
- Look for a product warranty or a money-back guarantee when deciding between a few different models. There are several companies that sell reusable water bottles that believe in their product so much that they actually offer a lifetime guarantee.
- When it comes to cleaning reusable water bottles, you’ll need to read the product care label. Some of these bottles are dishwasher safe, but only when placed on the top rack. Others have lids that are dishwasher safe, but the bottles themselves must be washed by hand. Then there are entire bottles that must be hand-washed, as none of their parts are dishwasher safe. To clean the bottles, simply use hot water with a little dish soap. A bottle brush can be used to reach the bottom of the bottle.
- If you use anything other than water in your reusable water bottle, it may begin to smell funky over time. There are two excellent methods you can choose from to get rid of those unpleasant smells. You can fill the bottle with two teaspoons of baking soda and warm water. Let the mixture sit for a few hours and wash as you normally would. Another option is to fill the bottle with white distilled vinegar and let it remain in the bottle overnight before washing with dish soap and water.
- When you’re ready to upgrade to a new water bottle, don’t throw the old one away. There are several ways you can reuse that bottle. If you have children, toss a few coins in the bottle to turn it into a homemade maraca. Another option is to cut the top portion of the water bottle off and use the bottom to hold office supplies or to hold your toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom.
- You’ll find reusable water bottles come in a wide range of prices. The Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle falls on the lower end, as it is made from plastic and doesn’t have as many extra features as other water bottles. The Simple Modern Summit Wide Mouth Water Bottle and the Contigo 24 oz. Autoseal Chill Water Bottle are both made out of stainless steel, which places them in the middle price-wise. On the high end, you’ll find the Embrava 32 oz. Best Sports Water Bottle, which is not only quality-made but also comes in its own gift box.