Simple Living Products Indoor BBQ Grill
Last updated date: January 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Indoor Electric Grills and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Indoor Electric Grill you should buy.
The Simple Living Products Indoor BBQ Grill uses infrared technology to keep smoke at a minimum. Its smaller size also makes it easy to slip onto a countertop and even leave there if you're limited on storage. You'll be able to quickly heat it to your desired temperature and maintain that temperature whether you're cooking steaks, burgers or fish. In our analysis of 128 expert reviews, the Simple Living Products Simple Living Products Indoor BBQ Grill placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 18, 2020:
Checkout The Best Indoor Electric Grill for a detailed review of all the top indoor electric grills.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Simple Living Products SLP-SG-001 Indoor Smokeless Grill Rain or Shine you can still get the grill on and Achieve The Outdoor Grill Taste, Indoors! Bring the thrill and flavors of a BBQ and enjoy authentic grilled flavors indoors with this smokeless grill from Simple Living Products. This grill is virtually SMOKE-FREE! Thanks to our advanced infrared technology you can grill indoors year round. Regardless of the weather, grill your favorite foods indoors 365 days a year. It quickly heats up to a constant temperature of 446°F, the perfect temperature for searing meat. Grilling using this Grill results in tasty, juicy and evenly browned results with minimal effort. Grilled Steaks, Fish, Burgers, Chicken and Vegetables can be beautifully seared on the outside, yet remain Juicy on the Inside. How Does it Minimize Smoke? Advanced Infrared Technology together with special reflectors guide the heat towards the grid achieving Delicious, Evenly cooked food while leaving the grease tray cool enough to minimize the unpleasant smoke & grease spattering. No need to adjust the heat. The grill quickly heats up to a consistent & accurate 446°F, the optimal temperature for searing meat. Cooks your food perfectly while reducing the amount of smoke and oil splattering caused by burning fat. Nonstick cooking surface and drip tray make sure this grill delivers healthy grilled food with little to no oil indoors. Large non stick grilling surface of 14" x 8" is ideal for 8 or more people. Portable to take on vacations, in your camper van, condo or just for easy no mess grilling in your kitchen. Imagine getting family and friends together for a delicious cookout! Suddenly the skies open and it starts to rain. Instead of putting a damper on your outdoor grilling, just use our indoor smokeless grill to feed your hungry family and friends. This indoor grill uses advanced infrared technology that heats up in minutes allowing you to cook all your food to perfection indoors at the flick of a switch. But resulting in the same grilled results as an outdoor grill. No need to worry about stocking up on gas or charcoal. Enjoy a BBQ No matter where you Live! Perhaps you are a traveling family who lives in an RV, or you live in a small apartment with no space for grilling. Set this portable grill up on your kitchen counter in the summer or freezing winter and enjoy a smoke-free authentic BBQ meal! Simple Living Products Indoor Smokeless Grill No Fumes, No Splatters, No Smoke, No Smells Just Delicious Grilled Results Simple Living Products Indoor Smokeless Grill Simple Living Products Indoor Smokeless Grill Simple Living Products Indoor Smokeless Grill The Entire Grilling Experience Prepare tender steaks, flaky fish fillets, juicy hamburgers or grilled vegetables. This portable indoor smokeless grill has been perfectly designed to sit on your counter-top or store away when not in use. It is incredibly easy to set-up and use. Just put the grill on the base, flip the switch and you'll be grilling in minutes. Deluxe Smokeless Grill Our deluxe Smokeless Gill includes all the accessories and guides you need to make your grilling Experience enjoyable. 1 Non Stick Grilling Rack 1 XL Grease Tray User Friendly Guide Dishwasher Safe Parts Zero Preparation Required A great benefit of grilling indoors is not having to do any preparation. No need to check for gas or charcoal. Experience that grilled food taste while being indoors, plus you can prepare meals for the whole family with the large cooking surface of 14" x 8". Perfect for up to 8 burgers. Simple Living Products Indoor Smokeless Grill Indoor Grill That is Virtually SMOKE-FREE! Benefit #1: Lets you Grill indoors without creating smoke or splatters. Benefit #2: Achieve the same BBQ grill results as you would using an outdoor grill. Benefit #3: Even cooking without burnt spots or rare centers. Benefit #4: Nonstick surface lets you cook with little or no oil without leaving burnt-on residue behind. Benefit #5: Incredibly easy to set-up & use. Zero Grilling Experience Required. Benefit #6: Drip tray catches all of that unwanted fat, resulting in delicious charred & lean results. Benefit #7: Food isn't swimming in excess oil as the drip tray collects it all at the bottom of the grill. Benefit #8: XL Cooking Surface makes it suitable to cook a variety of meals and items at once. Simple Living Products Indoor Smokeless Grill Not Like The Others, We Promise! This smokeless indoor grill prevents you from inhaling smoke throughout the entirety of your cooking session. It also keeps smoke alarms from triggering and provides the added benefit of reducing fat. Unlike other smokeless grills on the market this model been designed with advanced infrared technology meaning that it does not require a lid or an extraction fan. Added Safety Features Include: Cool touch safety handles & base. Disassembles easily for cleaning. Non-slip feet
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Indoor Electric Grills
Grilling out is great, but unless you live in an area of the world where the weather is always warm, you probably don’t even think about it during the chilly winter months. Even when temperatures are high, though, rain and heavy winds can keep you inside, hampering your plans for delicious burgers and steaks.
Electric grills have opened up the option of grilling indoors, allowing you to make delicious meals no matter what the weather outside is like. You can set up your grill on your counter and cook the same meats, poultry, kabobs and other items that you would make outdoors during nice weather. But the taste of your meat will vary based on the design of the grill, so it’s important to pay attention to that build while you’re shopping.
Getting the outdoor grill taste with an electric grill can be challenging, though. One of the best ways to achieve that smoky flavor is through the use of items like liquid smoke, which can help nature along. You’ll also find that the design of the grill itself plays an important factor in how your items taste. Look for a grill with technology that provides an even cooking surface to ensure consistency.
You’ll also find many indoor grills have cooking plates made from porcelain-enameled cast iron. Although this material packs plenty of benefits, it can take longer to heat up, sometimes forcing you to wait at least 10 minutes for the surface to get warm enough for you to start cooking. You may also find some indoor grills cut on and off while cooking, but this is simply a self-regulating feature that ensures the cooking is even.
Another important factor in an indoor grill is temperature control. If you cook using recipes or other instructions, you’ll want a grill that will let you set a specific temperature and leave it. You’ll often find that indoor grills have only a selection of temperatures rather than a range. So instead of being able to dial your grill to 425 degrees, you might find you have to choose either 355 or 445.
DYWM Fun Fact
If you enjoy throwing food on the grill, you’re in good company. Politicians have held outdoor barbecues as networking events since the Colonial Times. George Washington hosted a barbecue party while running for the House of Burgesses in the mid-1700s, and many other politicians followed. But it wasn’t until the 1960s that outdoor barbecues made their way to the White House. The first barbecue on the lawn of the White House was hosted by President Lyndon Johnson as a way to thank supporters, with a menu that included barbecue ribs. But perhaps the most notable White House barbecues were held by President Jimmy Carter, who held a State Dinner with Japan’s prime minister that involved grilling pigs, steak and chicken on the rooftop terrace off the State Dining Room.
The Indoor Electric Grill Buying Guide
- Cleanup is an important consideration with any surface that will handle messy foods. You’ll find a nonstick surface is invaluable when it comes time to clean your grill after use. But many electric grills also let you remove the grill and other parts and clean them in the dishwasher.
- Also take a close look at the drip capture tray that’s built into most electric grills. These catch all the excess liquids that come off your grill, so they’re very important. Make sure the drip tray is also dishwasher safe if you aren’t a fan of hand washing.
- Temperature range is an important consideration in an electric grill. Many will top out in the 400- to 450-degree range, which should cover most recipes.
- In addition to being able to cook inside, electric grills also typically use grill plates rather than grate-based grills, which means you can cook smaller items like shrimp without worrying about them falling through.
- Pay attention to the lid on the grill you choose. You’ll want one that completely covers what you’re cooking to reduce spatter, but you’ll also find that it comes in handy to have at least a partial-glass lid. With glass, you can see your items cooking without lifting the lid and reducing the temperature inside.
- Indoor grills are designed for countertop grilling, but there are some that can be used outdoors, as well. If you think you might have the need for an occasional backyard grill, consider that while you’re shopping.
- Some indoor electric grills go beyond letting you cook steaks and burgers. They offer interchangeable grill plates that let you cook items like pancakes and paninis.
- You buy an indoor grill for the convenience of cooking inside. However, some grills still put out an excessive amount of smoke, making them not quite as ideal. Look for a grill that’s designed to minimize smoke output.
- Many indoor electric grills require preheating before you set your food on the surface. Look for a grill with an indicator light that lets you know when the surface has reached the desired temperature.
- Safety is always a concern with any electric appliance. Your electric grill should have an easy way to lift the lid that doesn’t require using an oven mitt.
- Don’t get so caught up in the build of the cooking plates that you forget about the rest of the grill. You’ll need to be able to easily wipe the exterior clean, as it will inevitably get a few spills.
- The weight of the grill you choose will come into play every time you pull it out of the cabinet and put it back in. A lightweight grill is not only easier to maneuver around your kitchen, but you’ll also be able to take it with you when you go camping or head out to a family gathering at the park.
- The length of the power cord is also important. Make sure the power cord will reach from a power outlet to the area where you plan to use the grill.