Simple Joys by Carter’s Newborn Baby Towel & Washcloth Set, 8-Piece
Last updated date: June 14, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Newborn Baby Towels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Newborn Baby Towel you should buy.
Update as June 14, 2021:
Checkout The Best Newborn Baby Towels for a detailed review of all the top newborn baby towels.
Made using a cotton blend, this newborn baby towel set is super soft against baby's skin. The set includes a two hooded towels, one plain towel and five washcloths, making it an excellent baby shower gift. All eight pieces are machine washable for ease of care.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Simple Joys by Carter's Newborn Baby Towel & Washcloth Set, 8-Piece placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
8 piece towel and washcloth set with sweet animal prints and 3D character appliques includes five washcloths, two hooded towels and one non hooded.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Newborn Baby Towels
Many newborns don’t like bath time at first. A lot of it has to do with the sudden change in temperature. They are taken out of their warm, snuggly jammies into the cold air, and then dunked into a tepid bath. At the newborn stage, they’re not sure if they like splashing around in the water because everything seems new and scary. Using a newborn baby towel can help keep your little warm and dry before and after their bath, so this routine becomes more fun for everyone.
Newborns have incredibly sensitive skin, so regular adult towels can sometimes be a little too rough on them. Newborn baby towels are usually made of a softer material, which feels more comfortable on their delicate skin. Adult towels are often too big for newborns as well. Wrapping up a newborn in a regular bath towel can be cumbersome because of all of the extra material. Plus, you don’t want to overheat your baby with a thick adult towel. Newborn towels are much smaller, so they are the perfect size to swaddle your little one and keep them warm after their bath.
The Newborn Baby Towel Buying Guide
- Look for a soft material when it comes to newborn baby towels. Bamboo, cotton, microfiber, polyester or terry cloth are good options, as they will feel smooth and comfortable against your baby’s delicate skin.
- Make sure that the newborn baby towels have a high absorbency rate. This is how fast the towel can absorb the water on your baby’s skin. Babies feel cold when they come out of the bath because their skin is wet. If you can absorb all of the bathwater quickly, they will be able to warm up fast.
- Check for a towel that dries quickly after use. If it takes a long time, it may build up odors or bacteria. Cotton is known for drying quickly when wet.
- Most newborn baby towels have a small hood on one corner, which is the perfect size for drying your baby’s head and hair. Often, the hoods have cute patterns and embroidery. See whether you want the bath towels to match your nursery theme or décor.
- Are you looking for matching washcloths? Opt for a newborn bath towel set that comes with washcloths in the same pattern and colors as the towels.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide