Simple Houseware Metal Freestanding Closet System
Last updated date: April 15, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Closet Systems and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Closet System you should buy.
Update as August 30, 2021:
Checkout The Best Closet System for a detailed review of all the top closet systems.
Keep your apparel neat and organized with this handy closet system. The unit has a sturdy metal construction, yet doesn't require any special tools for assembly. There are two racks for hanging shirts and dress pants and four shelves for storing sneakers, sweats and hats.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the Simple Houseware Metal Freestanding Closet System placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
4 durable wired shelves that keeps your clothing, shoes, boots, pants and accessories organized. 2 sturdy hanging bars for your clothes, jackets, coats and pants. No drill, no power tools needed. Just assemble the closet and save more space. Sturdy Metal construction with Classic Bronze Coating, Heavy Duty plastic end connectors. Display Dimension: 45.5" W x 19.5" D x 68" H.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Closet Systems
Starting your morning by selecting clothing from a tidy, organized closet sets the tone for a productive and positive day. A closet system helps streamline the process of organizing your clothing, shoes, and accessories.
Selecting the best closet organization kit is the key to successfully streamlining your wardrobe and making the most of the space that you have. But before you start shopping, there are a number of questions to ask yourself says home expert Vicki Liston.
“Do you hang most of your clothes? Do you prefer to fold and stack them on shelving? Are you even using any drawers for storage?” she says. “Make a list of your essential requirements and base your closet system purchase on that. If you don’t use drawers, for example, don’t purchase a model with a section of floor-to-ceiling drawers.”
You’ll also want to choose the right size for your closet type. Although some organization systems are designed to adapt to both walk-in and reach-in closets, most are tailored to one or the other. Check the measurements for height, width, and depth to ensure you are purchasing the correct system type.
Think about what materials you prefer as well as how much you want to spend on a closet system. Laminate sets are inexpensive and easy to build, but as they are generally not as strong as other materials, these are better for small reach-in closets with minimal use.
Metal systems are an affordable option that can withstand a great deal of weight. They are typically easy to customize and are durable sturdy to last for years.
Wood closet systems are the most expensive option, but they are also durable, appropriate for large walk-in closets, and visually appealing.
Think about the components of a closet system that matter most to you, as well. Will double rods provide much-needed space, or do you have many dresses to hang that require the full closet height? Would you love shelves for shoes and purses, slide-out shelving for sweaters or overhead storage for boxes and baskets?
The installation method is another significant factor. If you are handy with tools, a highly-customizable system with lots of pieces might be ideal. On the other hand, you may prefer something with minimal setup required.
Also consider how permanent you want the system to be.
“If you own and have no plans to move anytime soon, I recommend a model that anchors to the walls for maximum stability,” says Liston. “If you rent, a freestanding closet system will serve your needs and won’t require you to drill holes, risking the return of your security deposit. And you’ll be able to take it with you to your next place.”
Make a note of what you want and need the most before shopping for a new closet system and then look for one that checks your more essential boxes.
The Closet System Buying Guide
- Before installing a new closet system, take the time to declutter. Get rid of items that are damaged, stained, don’t fit, or do not flatter you. Paring down your clothing and accessories will make it much easier to decide what kit will work best and make it much easier to organize, as well. Bonus: help someone else by giving your gently-used castoffs to a worthy cause.
- Measure all of the walls in your closet before ordering a closet organization system. Write the measurements down and then measure once more. Better still, have someone else take the measurements the second time. Taking that extra step to ensure the closet system will fit and provide the space you need will be time well spent.
- Look for under-utilized space in your closet that could be valuable storage real estate. Organizational accessories such as an over-the-door shoe hanger, a special hanger for scarves or even simple bins and baskets can make the most of this extra space.
- If your closet is large enough, consider placing a dresser and a full-length mirror in it. Moving all of your clothes into your closet will free up space in your bedroom and turn your closet into a full-service dressing room.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide