Similane Starter Embroidery & Cross Stitch, 215-Piece
Last updated date: November 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cross Stitch Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cross Stitch Set you should buy.
Editor's Note November 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cross Stitch Sets for a detailed review of all the top cross stitch sets.
With this cross-stitch set, the sky's the limit. Your creativity won't be hindered, as the set comes with hoops, colored threads, Aida cloths, sewing pins, embroidery needles, floss bobbins and water-soluble pens. Children can make a series of friendship bracelets, while adults can focus on a few gifts.
In our analysis, the Similane Similane Starter Embroidery & Cross Stitch, 215-Piece placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Package Content:5 x Bamboo embroidery hoops,100 x Color embroidery threads,3 x Aida cloths,40 x Sewing pins,30 x Embroidery needles,20 x Floss bobbins,5 x Water-soluble pens. Practical Tools：4 x Needle-threading tools，1 x Scissor,1 x Thimble,1 x Untwist tool,1 x Measuring tape,1 x Pincushion,1 x Pen holder,1 x Line wax,1 x Instructions,1 x Packing bag. Common Size:3 Pcs 12 by 18-inch Aida,High-quality bamboo of embroidery hoop use dimensions:5.1 inch,7 inch,7.9 inch,9 inch,10.2 inch. Details:The 100 color embroidery threads are perfect for friendship bracelets,childrens crafts,tassels and holiday decorations,etc. Pincushion is convenient to arrange your needles and pins. It's not only enhances children's practical ability,but also stimulates children's imagination of handcrafts.The embroidery kit could be applied for Christmas,Halloween，Thanksgiving and birthday present.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cross Stitch Sets
If you’re looking for a new hobby, consider a form of embroidery known as cross-stitch. You’ll find there are a variety of sets on the market designed specifically for beginners that allow you to create all kinds of crafts.
As you search the available cross-stitch sets, look for one that includes an easy to understand instruction booklet. The booklet will describe each of the tools used in the set and how best to use them.
Review how many colored embroidery threads are provided in the set. Some come with 50 colors, while others offer as many as 100. You’ll even find some sets have metallic colors that add a bit of shine to your project.
Determine if the set includes all of the tools you need to get started. In addition to the thread, you’ll need an embroidery hoop, Aida cloths, embroidery needles, a needle-threading tool, scissors, a thimble and an untwist tool.
Consider going with a cross-stitch set that includes a few durable bamboo hoops that each have an adjustable screw. This allows you to tighten the Aida cloth as needed. Some of the most common hoop sizes are 6.1 inches, 6.7 inches, 7.8 inches, 9 inches and 10.2 inches.
Look to see if the set comes with any extras. For example, you’ll find some sets include a carrying bag for transport, while others have a plastic organizational box that stores all your thread and tools neatly in one place.
The Cross Stitch Set Buying Guide
- Beginners will want to purchase a pattern book when first learning how to cross-stitch. These books will teach you how to create everything from letters to simple symbols.
- Once you’ve got the hang of cross-stitching, you can design your own patterns using graphing paper, freezer paper and colored pencils.
- If you prefer for your creation to have a colored background, you can paint the plain white Aida cloth before you use it.
- Fabric glue can be used along the edges of your Aida cloth to keep it from fraying while you work on your project.
- You can use a lint roller on your project, as well as an iron. It’s important, however, that you iron the cloth from the back and that you don’t use any steam. Otherwise, the colors will bleed.
- The cost for a cross-stitch set is dependent on the number of pieces in the set and the quality of the tools provided. You’ll find the LOVIMAG Rainbow Embroidery & Cross Stitch Set is one of the most affordable sets, while the Similane Starter Embroidery & Cross Stitch, 215-Piece has a more moderate cost. Both the rovger Embroidery & Bracelet String Cross Stitch Set and the Caydo Full Range Embroidery & Cross Stitch Set have the highest price tag of the bunch.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide