Simbans TL93 TangoTab Tablet Mini Laptop, 10-Inch
Last updated date: December 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mini Laptop and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mini Laptop you should buy.
Update as December 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mini Laptop for a detailed review of all the top mini laptop.
Thanks to the included bonus items, you'll be able to turn this tablet into a mini laptop. A detachable keyboard, a universal power adaptor and a pre-applied screen protector are added at no extra cost. Thanks to the pre-installed office apps, you'll be able to get right to work after unboxing.
In our analysis of 87 expert reviews, the Simbans TL93 TangoTab Tablet Mini Laptop, 10-Inch placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Hero Technical Details: Processor: Quad Core MTK8163 1.3GHz/Core Screen: 10.1 inch tablet. 16:9 Capacitive IPS touch screen. Resolution: 1280*800 pixels Screen Storage: 32 Gig disk drive, can be upgraded with up to 128 GB of micro-SD card chip for file storage RAM: 2GB DDR3 Operating System: Google Android 8.1 Oreo Camera: 2.0 M Front Camera and 5.0 Back Camera Connectivity: WiFi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHZ), Bluetooth and built-in GPS receiver (can be used for navigation) Applications: MS Word, Microsoft Excel, WPS Office, Google Apps and Google PLAY (use it to download FREE Games and apps) Ports: Mini-HDMI, Micro USB (supports OTG host), Audio, Micro-SD Card Slot TangoTab Extras TangoTab Entertainment Giftbox Budget Android Tablet One of the most affordable Android tablet in the market with excellent performance. 10 Inch IPS HD Display Tango comes with a 10 inch IPS HD bright display, allowing you to enjoy entertainment with vivid colors from any angle. It aims to maximize your movie-watching (YouTube, Netflix and more!) and gaming experience. Our display technology works well with the built-in 5 megapixel back camera and will help you capture all the important moments of your life. Unlimited games, productivity and tools Running Android 8.1 Oreo, you can download and install as many games and tools as you want on the TangoTab. Games like Angry Bird, Minecraft, Sims, and Candy Crush all run smoothly on the tablet with exceptional sound quality. Connect to your social network You can stay in touch with your friends and family easily by downloading apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Skype also works perfectly with the built-in microphone and 2 Megapixel front camera. The possibilities are truly endless. Beautiful Imperishable Gift Box Tango comes with in beautiful gift box. What’s in the BOX: 1 Tablet PC, 1 Keyboard, 1 Universal Charger, 1 Micro USB Cable, 1 User Manual Perfect gift for anyone.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Technology and parenting blogger
Molly Thornberg is a professional writer, creative and mom to four kids, living her best life outside of Dallas, Texas. With a love for all things tech, she is passionate about helping parents raise kids in the digital age. She writes about technology, parenting and humor on her blog Digital Mom Blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mini Laptop
If you haven’t shopped for a laptop lately, you may not realize the many options now available. You don’t have to choose between one expensive laptop or another. But if you’re just writing college papers or doing presentations, there’s an easier way. You can find a mini laptop that will do the job without the expense.
In large part, this is thanks to Google. Chromebooks have created an entire market. These lightweight laptops started out as limited, but they seem to improve with each generation. Instead of being the laptop you buy for your child or use as a backup, they now can be your main laptop. Best of all, they won’t break your budget.
But you’ll need to understand their limitations before you buy. If you’re a gamer or video editor, you may find the processors on many of these laptops lacking. That doesn’t mean you can’t find a mini laptop that will handle all your needs. You may need to shop around a little, though. As you compare more expensive laptops, are the extra features worth it?
Mini laptops are, by their very nature, smaller than other laptops. That means you may be looking at a smaller screen. Molly Thornberg, technology and parenting blogger at Digital Mom Blog, advises consumers to look closely at the screen size they’ll need before investing in a smaller laptop.
“Mini laptops typically have screen sizes ranging from six inches to 12 inches,” Thornberg says.
In some cases, a smaller screen won’t be a problem. Having a smaller screen is, after all, a trade-off for having a more portable laptop to cart around. But smaller screens can be frustrating. If you’re editing pictures or designing a PowerPoint presentation, that smaller surface area can be a challenge. Keep that in mind before making a buying decision.
You’ll also probably need to plan on relying on your headphones for sound. Mini laptops limit speaker power, so you won’t be able to set it up for background music at your next party. But if you’re like many consumers, you rely on headphones or speakers for sound anyway, so this may not be an issue.
But there are many benefits to a mini laptop. Some have a design that lets you easily switch them from laptop to tablet mode. Flip the screen around, and the switchover is instant. You can also set some mini laptops up in “tent mode,” which is best when streaming your favorite TV show or a movie.
As mini laptops have advanced, manufacturers are adding features. In fact, it’s getting harder to tell the difference. You can find mini laptops that have Windows if you prefer that over the Chrome operating system. You’ll also have access to the same apps you’d find on a standard laptop, including the Microsoft Office suite. For many people, a mini laptop will be more than sufficient to meet their daily computing needs.
The Mini Laptop Buying Guide
- A smaller laptop doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice too much on screen. If screen size is important to you, you’ll prefer an 11.6-inch laptop, which provides plenty of viewing space.
- The screens on the RCA 7″ Voyager Pro and Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11 also include touchscreen functionality. If you plan to spin your screen around to use it as a tablet, that’s an especially important feature.
- The Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11 also operates in something called “tent mode,” which makes streaming video much easier.
- On any laptop, the keyboard is essential. Unlike desktop computers, you’ll be relying on the built-in keyboard. Some models have highly responsive keys, making typing a breeze. The keyboard on the Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11 is ergonomic, and the mouse pad has been redesigned to be more responsive.
- Even if you rely on headphones for sound, it can be nice to have a laptop with decent speakers. Look for one that provides impressive audio, even at a low volume. With many mini laptops, you’ll likely find the audio distorts as you increase the volume.
- Each mini-laptop comes preinstalled with software, from the operating system that runs everything to the apps you can access. Thornberg notes that software is a personal choice.
“Choose an OS that you are familiar with and enjoy using,” Thornberg advises. “Determine which programs will be installed on your computer, what files will be stored locally and how much storage the OS will require.”
- One thing that sets the Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11 apart is that it runs Windows 10. If you aren’t a fan of the Chrome or Android operating systems, this may be a big decider. With some models, you’ll also get a full year of Office 365 for free. RCA 7″ Voyager Pro comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop, which brings its own unique set of useful apps. Others come with Google Chrome installed.
- Consider a mini laptop that includes MediaTek SoC, which designed to improve Android compatibility. This will give you access to the many apps available in the Google Play store.
- Don’t forget about virus protection. This may or may not be a dealmaker, though, since you can find virus protection at little to no extra expense.
- Laptops have always challenged consumers with battery life. They usually start out strong and dwindle with use. Mini laptops can be especially problematic in this area. Surprisingly, you can find mini laptops that bust the stereotypes by providing a more than 12-hour battery life out of the box. Compare this to the four-hour battery power of the RCA 7″ Voyager Pro and the two-hour life of the Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11. That difference can show you how valuable all-day battery power is.
- The battery on the Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11 may last only two hours, but that’s after 15 minutes of charging. This quick-charging feature can come in handy for the traveler, as long as you have access to power outlets wherever you go.
- Although mini laptops are appealing due to their attractiveness, they do vary in price. The most affordable mini laptop you’ll find is the RCA 7″ Voyager Pro, which is smaller than other mini laptops but very inexpensive.
- Storage doesn’t come into play as much as it used to, thanks to cloud options. But if you want to store documents, videos and images on your laptop, you’ll need to look for one that offers space for it. The Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11 offers the most, at 64 GB. With the RCA 7″ Voyager Pro you only get 16 GB. But the RCA 7″ Voyager Pro gives you the option of a microSD card for extra storage.
- Since portability is one of the biggest draws of mini laptops, it’s important to pay attention to weight and size. The RCA 7″ Voyager Pro is the lightest, at only 1.1 pounds. But the Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11 comes in at less than 3 pounds, making it worth considering.
- Laptop manufacturers seem to consistently look for ways to reduce the number of ports to keep things simple. Some mini laptops come with USB-C, USB-A and HDMI ports. With the Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11, you get a USB, Type-C and HDMI port, as well as a 4-in-1 card reader. The RCA 7″ Voyager Pro has one USB port each.
- Mini laptops sacrifice DVD-Rom drives for simplicity. But this isn’t unique to mini laptops. Today’s larger-size laptops also lack this feature. If you think you’ll at least occasionally need to use a CD or DVD, make sure you purchase an external optical drive that will connect to one of your USB ports.
- You may not think about it at the time of purchase, but eventually, you might want the convenience of a webcam. The RCA 7″ Voyager Pro has a built-in 720p webcam.
- If you’re a gamer, you may find most mini laptops limiting. But for most everything else, today’s mini laptops can easily keep up. The Lenovo 11.6″ Flex 11 features an Intel Celeron quad-core processor. The 1.3 GHz quad-core processor on the RCA 7″ Voyager Pro works fine for basic games and video streaming. You may want to look for a model that runs cool, which means you won’t have a cooling fan. This helps keep things nice and quiet.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide