Silk’n Flash&Go Permanent Hair Removal Device
Last updated date: April 23, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laser Hair Removal Systems and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laser Hair Removal System you should buy.
Update as August 29, 2019:
Checkout The Best Laser Hair Removal System for a detailed review of all the top laser hair removal systems.
In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the Silk’n Flash&Go Permanent Hair Removal Device placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The technology of our Silk’n Flash & Go is the first of its kind to be approved by the FDA. So skip the expensive office or salon hair removal procedure and try our at home treatment for smooth, soft skin. The new high tech design of the Flash&Go applicator allows individuals to properly target and zone into any area that requires treatment. An innovative light-based hair removal device designed for use on the entire body, including the face, to provide permanent results. Home Pulsed Light (HPL) technology emits gentle light pulses and targets hair follicles at the root to disable future hair growth. Silk’n is the internationally-acclaimed, global authority in professional aesthetic devices for home use. We have a mission to develop, manufacture and sell the safest and most effective consumer devices. Backed by a team of skilled scientists, engineers and business executives with a successful and lengthy record of introducing innovative light, laser and LED based products to the global aesthetic devices market. The Silk’n family of at-home products has over 10 million users world-wide and has been featured in TV shows and magazines such as O, The Oprah Magazine, The Rachael Ray Show, The Doctors, Allure, Vogue and more. Silk’n has received international recognition for at home, professional grade hair removal and anti-aging devices.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laser Hair Removal Systems
When it comes to grooming, hair is one of the most time-consuming parts of the human body. Hair seems to grow where you don’t want it to, and then, as you get older, stop growing where you need it. Waxing, shaving and plucking all work, but only for a limited period of time. You can stretch that a little farther by removing hair from the root by waxing or plucking, but those processes are both more painful than shaving.
That’s where laser hair removal comes in. Although it isn’t without pain, a series of laser hair removal treatments will buy you much more time than shaving, waxing or plucking. Although you’ll never get permanent baldness in the areas you treat, advancements in in-office laser treatments will at least ensure that you only occasionally need to spot treat various areas.
In-home laser treatments may not be quite as effective at achieving permanent results. But, you’ll still find a substantial lack of regrowth after a full course of treatments. There are plenty of kits you can buy that will let you do your own laser hair removal, which may be preferable to going to an office and having someone else do it. But safety is a top concern when handling your own hair removal since you won’t have the benefit of an expert handling things.
When looking at laser hair removal, it’s important to know one thing that the experts would tell you: It’s not equally effective for everyone. Over the years, it’s become clear that the same lasers don’t work on all skin colors. For darker skin, a professional would likely use an Nd:YAG laser that can get past the pigmentation better than a diode laser can. But even knowing that, those with darker skin may want to trust the experts for a very important reason: Laser hair removal can exacerbate hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation for those who are prone to it. If you’re darker-skinned and you try to perform laser hair removal at home, it’s especially important that you test out a patch or two of your skin before treating your whole body.
Your hair color and type also make a big difference in your results. If you have fine hair, or your hair is lighter in color, lasers can be completely ineffective. They work best with coarse hair that is brunette or darker. However, newer lasers can do better with all hair types and colors, except for gray, but you won’t find that with a home kit.
The Laser Hair Removal System Buying Guide
- If you’re going to be enduring the sting of laser hair removal, you’ll want to see results as quickly and efficiently as possible. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser uses the same diode lasers used in a professional setting. The DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System promises up to 95 percent of hair removed after 12 treatments, but you’ll find the process takes several months. The Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert Intense Pulsed Light uses something called IPL technology, which is similar to what you see at the salon.
- You may feel intimidated by the process, but most home laser hair removal systems are easy to use. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser and Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System are both designed so that you can get started right out of the box.
- One of the best things about the Beauty Hair Removal Laser is the display that guides you through each step of the treatment. If you’re new to the process, that makes this model worth considering.
- Unfortunately, laser treatment won’t work on all skin types. Laser home removal kits are going to work best on light skin and dark hair, but the Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert Intense Pulsed Light tries. It builds in a SensoAdapt™ feature that pays attention to your skin tone and suggests a level of intensity that will get the best results. You still may be disappointed if you have dark skin, though.
- Safety is also a concern if you have darker skin. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser tests your skin and hair to determine whether you should take precautions before using it. The Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System also tests your skin type.
- Chances are, you plan to use your laser hair remover on some of your most sensitive body parts. Even your face and underarms can be prone to reactions after treatment. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser and DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System are safe to use everywhere. The Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System is great for getting into smaller areas, especially on the face.
- It may seem like a small thing at the outset, but laser hair treatment can take time. For that reason, it helps to have a device that’s easy to hold. The lightweight design of the DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System is great for this, as is the ergonomic shape of the Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert Intense Pulsed Light.
- When compared to the cost of multiple treatments with a professional, at-home laser hair removal is fairly affordable. You’ll buy the laser and use it to cover all your treatments moving forward. Still, some systems are more affordable than others, so it’s important to weigh features against cost.
- You’ll also need to factor in the cost of replacement cartridges since you’ll have to buy those as well. Although its sale price may be higher, the Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System’s replacement cartridges very affordable.
- The size of the sensor head determines how long it takes to treat various areas. The Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert Intense Pulsed Light has an aerodynamic head, which makes it easy to cover a large area, like your leg, in as little as eight minutes. This design also makes it easier to see the treatment head while you’re working. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser has a small sensor head, making sessions take a while.
- Although the instructions of your chosen device may state that you don’t need to wear safety goggles, you may want to take precautions. You can buy laser eye protection safety goggles for an affordable price.
- Numbing gel or topical anesthetic can help with the pain. Simply numb the area right before treatment and wait for it to dry. It’s a very inexpensive way to reduce the sting.
- You won’t get a completely pain-free laser hair removal session, no matter which device you choose. The DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System provides a fairly painless experience, especially when combined with numbing gel.
- Another benefit of the DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System is that it can do more than remove hair. You can also use it to treat acne.
- Safety is a top concern when you’re using lasers on your skin. First, it’s important to look for FDA approval on every device you choose. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser, DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System and Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System all have clearance from the FDA for use on the body.
- The DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System has an extra security precaution in the form of a safety sensor that won’t deliver the pulse until the head is pressed against your skin.
- You may find that there are side effects after using a laser for hair removal, but these are possible whether a professional is doing the treatments or you’re doing them yourself. They include skin redness and irritation, crusting, temporary changes in skin color, eye injury and increased risk of skin infection.
- As with in-office treatments, you’ll likely find it takes multiple sessions to get results. With the DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System, you’ll need at least 6 to 10 treatments. With the Beauty Hair Removal Laser, the directions say to continue to treat the area every two weeks until you see results.
- One major differentiating factor between laser hair removal devices is how they’re powered. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser is cordless, which makes it easier to maneuver. However, it’s important to note that without a cord, you’re relying on battery, and you may have your session cut short when it dies. It might be better to go with a device like the Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System, which has an extendable cord to give you maneuverability without having to worry about battery life.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide