Silicon Power 2TB Rugged Shockproof Portable External Hard Drive
Last updated date: June 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Xbox One External Hard Drives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Xbox One External Hard Drive you should buy.
Update as June 22, 2021:
Checkout The Best Xbox One External Hard Drive for a detailed review of all the top xbox one external hard drives.
The A30 is a military-grade Xbox One external hard drive that can be used with both Windows systems and Macs, and it has a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. It is backward-compatible with USB 2.0.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Silicon Power 2TB Rugged Shockproof Portable External Hard Drive placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Military-grade shockproof. SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, backward compatible with USB 2.0. Cable storage design for simple cable carrying. [For Windows User] The A30 is pre-formatted as NTFS, so you could use it directly on Windows. [For Mac Users] Reformatting will be required for Mac operating systems. 3 year manufacturer warranty.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Xbox One External Hard Drives
Even though the latest Xbox and PlayStation systems have up-to-date hardware and software, gamers can still run out of storage space. The Xbox Series X has 16GB of memory and 1TB of internal storage, which may not be enough for some of the most popular gaming titles out there. Additional storage is sold separately, hence the popularity of external hard drives.
Why the need for all the extra room? Today’s massive, highly complex games require more space, and their installation sizes can even be shocking at times. Sometimes, developers compress these sizes, but some of the best games are like hungry beasts that gobble up space. Experts recommend external hard drives to store these games, especially since computers and gaming systems won’t run as fast without enough space.
When shopping for external hard drives for computers or console games, look for ones with USB-C or Thunderbolt connectors, as USB Type-A connectors are slower. Some are compatible with Windows and Mac, while others will need modifications for Mac. Most external hard drives have storage capacities from 250GB to 5TB (1 terabyte, orTB, equals 1,000 gigabytes).
The Xbox One External Hard Drive Buying Guide
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4 can support external hard drives through USB 3.0 connectors; a 3.0 USB is good for gaming needs.
- Many gaming external hard drives come with carrying cases, which are great for traveling. Look for ones that are easy to carry. Some are made from military-grade, shockproof or waterproof materials to keep the hard drives safe and protected.
- External hard drives can really improve one’s gaming performance by increasing game speeds.
- Some of the games that require the most storage include Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Quantum Break, Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Hitman 2.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide