SHUGUANG Outlet & USB Port Power Strip Surge Protector
Last updated date: October 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as February 16, 2021:
Checkout The Best Surge Protector for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the SHUGUANG Outlet & USB Port Power Strip Surge Protector placed 4th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Power Strip with 12-outlets & 5 Fast USB Ports: 12AC outlets & 5 USB ports power strip with 6 feet Heavy Duty power extension cord, 4000 Joules Surge protector. Fast USB Charging Ports：Build in smart charging technology, This USB charger will detect your devices automatically and deliver the fastest charge speed up to 2.4A ( 5V/2.4 Max Each Port ), 5 USB ports ( Total 5V/6.8A/34W) can charge almost any USB device (smart phone, tablet, Amazon Kindle, portable speaker etc) capable of fully charging 4 iPhones within 2 hours simultaneously, and 5 cell phones in less than 3 hours. Safety and Certificate: ETL safety certified, with extension cord and other major components certified by UL. The over current protection switch limits the power strip’s working current to certain setting, so it will not get hot during usage. Environmental protection and fire-resistance PC shell with flame retardant at 1382℉ makes it more durable and longer lifetime. Reliable Surge Protector Circuit: POWRUI 3 level complementary Surge Protector Circuit which composed of TVS (transient voltage suppressor), MOV (metal oxide varistor), GDT (gas discharge tube), with minimum 1680J energy absorbing capacity, could protect your devices much more quickly and reliably than other brand’s 1 level MOV(metal oxide varistor) Surge Protection Circuits. Our After Sale Service: ETL Certified，Our friendly and reliable customer service will respond to you within 24 hours. You can purchase with confidence, with our 30-day return and 24-month replacement.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Your electronic devices and appliances rely on a steady stream of electricity. Unfortunately, electricity can be unpredictable. Power fluctuations and storms can cause something called a “surge,” which can damage sensitive electronics. Since most households leave items plugged in even when they aren’t in use, this means many consumers are at risk of a loss.
There’s a way to protect against those surges, though. A surge protector is built specifically to absorb those spikes and over-voltages. The average home experiences hundreds of potentially dangerous surges in electricity every year. With a surge protector, you get protection against those spikes to prevent data loss or, worse, entire device loss.
But not all surge protectors are the same. You’ll notice as you’re looking for a surge protector that they’re rated in Joules. That rating refers to the level of energy the equipment can absorb before failing. The higher the rating, the better, but it’s best to stick with protectors that have a Joule rating of at least 600.
You’ll also have a wide range of choices when it comes to the build of your surge protector. Traditional strip-style protectors are designed to be set on the floor or a table, but those can get in the way. In recent years, manufacturers have upgraded to a style that keeps the power strip as snugly against the wall as possible.
Before you start shopping for a surge protector, though, take a close look at the area where you’ll be keeping it. Pay attention not only to the space you’ll have to store the protector, but how accessible it will be for your power cords. You may find that the angle won’t be ideal for your power cords with some surge protectors, in which case you’ll possibly need to consider one that has adjustable outlets, or outlets on the sides as well as the front.
The Buying Guide
- The number of outlets, as well as the placement of them, are important considerations when you’re picking out a surge protector. Make sure you have enough to cover your current equipment plus anything you might add to your collection.
- Some surge protectors have USB outlets. This will come in handy for charging phones and mobile devices without having to track down your power brick.
- Bulky power cords can be tough to plug into tight outlets. Some surge protectors put plenty of space between each outlet to help with that.
- For surge protection, look for a strip rated at least 600 Joules. But you’ll find many rated above 1000.
- If you’ve had your power strip for a while, it’s likely time for an upgrade. Over time, power strips lose their protective features. Unfortunately, most strips won’t let you know when this happens. Surge protectors typically last three to five years.
- Some surge protectors have outlets that can be rotated by as much as 90 degrees. This will give you the flexibility you need if you’re squeezing it behind desks and other furniture.
- Surge protectors don’t just protect your equipment. They can also help reduce your risk of a fire. Some are even built using fire-resistant materials.
- As an extra protection, some surge protectors shut off power to the strip if the protection circuit is compromised.
- LED lights that alert you if an outlet is active can come in handy.
- Most surge protectors can be plugged into an outlet you already have. Some, however, will need to replace the outlet, which requires some basic installation work.
- Although they look similar to surge protectors, some power strips have no surge protection whatsoever. Look for a Joules rating on any power strip you’re buying.
- If you’re using the USB ports on your power strip for charging, you’ll want to make sure enough power gets through to your device. You’ll need at least 2 amps for quick-charging power.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide