Shout Fragrance-Free Gentle Household Stain Remover
Last updated date: September 20, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Household Stain Removers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Household Stain Remover you should buy.
Update as September 20, 2022:
Checkout The Best Household Stain Remover for a detailed review of all the top household stain removers.
Set in stains are no problem for this gel stain remover. This advanced gel gets right to work on stains as soon as it hits the fabric. It's safe to use on fabrics of color too. You can even use it in both hot and cold water.
In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the Shout Fragrance-Free Gentle Household Stain Remover placed 6th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Household Stain Removers
While spills and smudges are inevitable, you don’t have to let them ruin your clothing. Stain removers have come a long way over the years, and many are even capable of tackling tough set-in stains. As you conduct your search for the best stain remover, keep the following features in mind.
Pets create unique stains that shouldn’t be tackled in the same manner as food and dirt. This is because pet stains also come with unpleasant odors. Look for a stain remover, like the Rocco & Roxie Stain & Odor Eliminator, that specializes in getting rid of pet urine, feces and vomit stains, along with their associated smells. The product must be chlorine-free and gentle, as you need it to be safe to use around your pets.
Fresh stains often respond well to stain removers made from plant-based ingredients. For example, some formula’s are biobased and use a quadruple-enzyme formula to break stains up, so you can immediately wash them away. The this type of product is typically free of dyes and artificial fragrances, works in all water temperatures and won’t harm your septic system.
Set-in stains require a strong stain remover. The Grandma’s Secret Spot Remover, 3-Pack is so powerful that you don’t even have to scrub the stain. Simply apply a drop or two of the stain remover, let it sit and then launder as usual. It’s even environmentally friendly and free of toxins.
In addition to purchasing a stain remover for the shelf in your laundry room, you’ll want to pick up a travel-size stain remover. The Tide To Go Stain Remover Pen, 3-Count fits in backpacks, pocketbooks and carry-on bags, so you can address stains immediately, even if you’re away from home.
The Household Stain Remover Buying Guide
- It’s always best to try and blot up as much of a stain as you can before applying the stain remover. Use a paper towel instead of a hand towel, otherwise, you’ll just be transferring the stain from the soiled item to the towel.
- Certain stain removers are formulated to tackle tough stains, while others are only capable of lifting away fresh stains. Make sure you select the right stain remover for the job at hand.
- Check to see whether reviewers list the stain remover you’re interested in as having a strong odor. If heavy scents bother you, you’ll want to opt for a different formula.
- Do not use stain removers on fabrics that are listed as dry clean only. You may damage the fabric. Let your local dry cleaner tackle the stain instead.
- Some stain removers are not capable of removing all types of stains. Check the product label to determine which stains the bottle is formulated to tackle.
- Store the stain remover out of the reach of children and pets.
- Most formulas contain ingredients that are irritating to eyes and skin. If the product comes in contact with your eyes or skin, flush the area immediately. Additionally, you’ll need to consult a physician right away if the solution is inhaled or swallowed.
- Determine how much the stain remover costs per ounce before you begin comparing prices. This is necessary because a stain remover with 16 oz. is at first glace going to appear more expensive than a bottle with just 3 oz. If it costs more per ounce, however, it isn’t a better buy. The Rocco & Roxie Stain & Odor Eliminator is among the most affordable stain removers. Grandma’s Secret Spot Remover, 3-Pack is more moderately priced with the Tide To Go Stain Remover Pen, 3-Count commanding the highest cost per ounce.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide