Shinnwa Memory Foam Toddler Bed Rail Bumpers, 2-Pack
Last updated date: June 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kids' Bed Rails & Rail Guards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kid's Bed Rail & Rail Guard you should buy.
Update as June 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kids’ Bed Rails & Rail Guards for a detailed review of all the top kids' bed rails & rail guards.
These kids' bed rails & rail guards are made from a soft memory foam instead of a hard metal. Parents can place the bumpers on either side of the bed and secure them with a fitted sheet. Toddlers are then prevented from rolling off the bed in the middle of the night.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Shinnwa Memory Foam Toddler Bed Rail Bumpers, 2-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Polyester. CONFORTABLE & USER-FRIENDLY. Compared to traditional prison-style metal rail, the foam bed bumpers through provide gentle touch as a subconscious signal to remind your toddlers that they are close to danger and should move away. MEMORY FOAM PADDING & NON SKID COVER. High-density memory foam provides a soft touch to kids while also firm enough to prevent them from falling off the bed. The cover is made of non-slip silicone and airy cotton fabric, machine washable. EASY TO INSTALL. The child bed bumper only needs three simple steps to be used. First, open the vacuum package to allow the foam to rebound to its original shape. Second, place it on the mattress. Third, cover the fitted sheet. SUITABLE SIZE FOR MOST AGES AND BEDS. Dimension: 52" x 6.5" x 4.5". The bed rail bumper is great for toddlertwinfullqueenking size beds. Ideal for infantbabytoddlerchildrenkidsseniorsadults using. 30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Foam is CertiPUR-US certified for safety and performance. GUARANTEED quality that stands out in other sleep bed bumpers. 30 days of refund guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied, no questions asked!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kids' Bed Rails & Rail Guards
At some point, it will be time for your toddler to move from the crib to a bed, but that move can bring worry for parents. You won’t want your child to roll out of bed in the night, but without the safety of the crib’s high sides, there are no guarantees.
That’s where bed rails can help. These guards are designed to keep your baby securely in place throughout the night. If the bed is immovable and pushed snugly against the wall with no gap in between, you may be able to get away with just one rail. But if not, you’ll need one on each side to provide security.
There are safety concerns when it comes to bed rails, though. It’s important to make sure the rail you choose is sized for the type of bed your child will be using. Look not only for whether it’s sized for twin, full and/or queen beds, but also measure the length of the bed and check how much of each side of the bed the rail will cover.
Note that Consumer Reports and child safety experts only recommend safety rails for adult bed sizes. However, you can find some products specifically designed to be used with the smaller, lighter mattresses used on toddler beds and in cribs: just make sure to check carefully.
It’s also important to look at the design of the rail itself. For one thing, it should not create a gap that children can get trapped in. You may also want to look at how it attaches to the bed — hardware can make installation more difficult but is recommended to make sure rails don’t pull away from the bed during use. Ideally, the rail will feature a solid frame but have a softer surface so if your child bumps into it, it won’t cause injury. Many rails may also have rounded edges to reduce the risk of injury. These small safety features can make a big difference, especially if you have more rambunctious children.
The Kid's Bed Rail & Rail Guard Buying Guide
- It’s time to switch to a toddler bed when your child reaches 35 inches in height or starts trying to climb out of the crib. A rail can provide that extra peace of mind as your child transitions to a more grown-up sleeping space.
- Look at how the rail will attach to the bed. Some can slide around, so if you’re concerned about safety, choose one that either uses a strap or screws to clamp firmly onto the bed.
- You’ll want to be able to pull the rail out of the way when the child is climbing in and out, or when you’re ready for a bedtime story. Most modern bed rails will easily fold down and back up again.
- Assembly is an important consideration. Pay attention to how easy it will be to set the rails up once they arrive. Some bed rail manufacturers even provide videos to demonstrate the installation process.
- When looking at how the rail attaches to the mattress, make sure it won’t lead to an uncomfortable sleeping experience for your little one.
- Bed rails come in different color options. You’ll typically see them in either white or gray, but there are also many brightly-colored options, if you’re trying to match a color scheme.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide