Shepherd Hardware Rubber Door Wedge
Last updated date: February 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Door Stops and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Door Stop you should buy.
Whether you have a need in your home or place of business, you'll find the Shepherd Hardware Rubber Door Wedge props doors with up to 1 1/2-inches of floor clearance. Each stopper is constructed of a durable rubber that can withstand years of abuse. Additionally, the bottom of the stopper is smooth, so it won't scratch hardwood or tile flooring. In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Shepherd Hardware Shepherd Hardware Rubber Door Wedge placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Door Stop for a detailed review of all the top door stops.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Control Your Doors There is nothing like the slamming of a door to let off some steam, it happens. Be prepared by installing stylish and functional Door Control Solutions. Install a heavy duty multi-purpose door stop to cushion flying doors at the handle or baseboard and guarantee protection. Or utilize the convenient slip-resistant wedges to hold doors right where you want them. Decorative and timeless designs can be used throughout the home to manage noise, define room-by-room access and just plain hold doors when that’s what you need. wall mounted door stop chrome door stop brass door stop metal door stop wooden door stop commercial Open Door Policy Moms are busy, kids are oblivious, pets can’t read. Even the best of intentions goes unnoticed. Introduce a new doorstop to the picture and take this one thing off your to-do list. heavy door stop 5 inch door stop door stopper wedge exterior door stop modern door stops extra long Cover Up After the Damage is Done Whether you are in a rental, living the dream of your dream home, or simply looking for convenient damage control, these sleek self-adhesive discs are paintable to conceal damage or cushion the regular blow of door knobs and handles to neighboring walls. patio door stopper funky door stops door limiter front door stopper door stop hardware door mounted Refresh a Room in 30 Seconds Remove outdated or beat up door stops and quickly replace them with this stylish upgrade using the existing screw hole. heavy duty door stop industrial door stops interior door stops small door stop white door stop grey The Other Wedge Not the One in Your Golf Bag or Closet Rubber wedges make just the right contact with residential floors to safely wedge into place beneath interior and exterior doors for a secure grip. Step up to a stylish option in satin nickel or wood grain for a less institutional look. For extra-large or heavier doors with a higher clearance, bright yellow Jumbo Wedges get a grip on uneven or rough surfaces and safely hold doors with floor clearance up to 2”. Pack a wedge in your carry-on to add a little extra safety to hotel stays or hold doors open for your pets and loved ones with these convenient and versatile products.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Door Stops
Whether you have children that excitedly fling the front door open as they run in the house after school, or you have an arm full of groceries and you can’t stop the swing of your door as you enter, you’ll want to protect the adjacent wall from being struck by the doorknob. This is easily done with a doorstop. Of course, the doorstop can also be used to prop a door open when needed as well.
While shopping for a doorstop, consider the product’s construction material. You want the stopper to be made of heavy-duty rubber, like the Shepherd Hardware Rubber Door Wedge. This material is the most durable and least likely to wear down after only a few uses.
Check the height of the doorstop, as some doors have big gaps between the bottom of the door and the floor. The Quality Clever Rubber Door Stopper has one of the highest stoppers and is able to accommodate gaps as large as 1.6 inches.
Look under the door stopper to ensure it is safe for use on all floor types. For example, the Wundermax Rubber Door Stopper, 3-Pack has a smooth anti-slip base that works on carpet, stone, cement, tile and wood flooring. You don’t want a door stopper with a rough bottom that could leave scratches on your beautiful floors.
Consider any features that make the door stop stand out. Are the stoppers offered in a variety of colors or do they come in a sleek modern design? The SofiHome Heavy Duty Door Stopper, 6-Pack provides a handy storage hook with a stopper that is easily affixed to the wall or the back of a door using an adhesive strip. This gives you the option of storing the doorstop when not in use.
DYWM Fun Fact
Doors are necessary for several reasons, including protecting your valuables and providing a place of privacy. While no one knows who invented the first door, we do know a few fun facts about this important device.
- One of the world’s largest doors is found at NASA’s vehicle assembly building. The door is 456 feet tall and takes a total of 45 minutes to open or close.
- For many, a door is a symbol of a new beginning or new opportunities. The Romans took this a step further. They believe an image of a phallus installed above a door symbolized wealth and wellbeing.
- Churches in the city of Philadelphia paint their doors red to symbolize safety and sanctuary.
- Automatic garage doors have been around for almost 100 years. They were first invented in 1921 by C.G. Johnson.
The Door Stop Buying Guide
- Since door stops are made from rubber, they can quickly be cleaned with a little dish soap and water if they get dirty.
- It’s a good idea to measure the gap between your door and the floor. Check the door stopper’s product label to ensure it is able to handle a gap of that size. This is especially important for older doors, which tend to have larger gaps.
- Look for a company that offers either a satisfaction guarantee or a 100% no-questions-asked refund policy. This way if the door stopper doesn’t hold up under the weight of your door, you’ll be able to get your money back.
- There isn’t a wide range when it comes to the price of a doorstop. In fact, the Wundermax Rubber Door Stopper, 3-Pack, Shepherd Hardware Rubber Door Wedge and the SofiHome Heavy Duty Door Stopper, 6-Pack all come in around the same price per stopper. You will pay a little more for the Quality Clever Rubber Door Stopper, which features a taller, more modern design and comes with a storage holder.