SHEKINI Crisscross Front Halter Bikini Top
Last updated: August 17, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Halter Bikini Tops and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Halter Bikini Top you should buy.
In our analysis, the SHEKINI Crisscross Front Halter Bikini Top placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Push up bikini top features crisscross front details, adjustable spaghetti strap, tie kont at neck and back. Halter bikini top with unremovable padding, provide extra shape and support.
Halter Bikini Top Rankings
Few things can be more frustrating than trying to track down that perfect bathing suit. In fact, women’s negative body image perceptions have been directly linked to swimsuit shopping.
Since body types can vary dramatically from one woman to the next, it’s important to find a suit that fits both your upper and lower body dimensions. One of the best ways to do that is to shop for your top and bottoms separately. You can find the coverage area for your hips and waist, then pair it with the bikini top that gives you the exact look you want while also matching the fabric and color.
Halter-style bikini tops are often billed as “retro,” but they have many benefits beyond simply giving you a vintage look. The unique design makes it flattering for a wide variety of figures. The tie at the neck allows you to customize the fit to the support and coverage you need. Halter-style tops also often have a support band below the bust. Because of these features, it’s more likely you’ll get the right bikini on the first try, rather than shopping for hours to get everything you need in a bikini top.
There are, however, some important things to look for in a bikini top. You’ll likely want one that won’t slip around whether you’re walking, swimming or playing sports in your swimsuit. Look for a thicker band and a snugger fit, as well as coverage around the chest area. Preferences can vary, so you’ll likely still need to shop around even though halter ties can give you a little wiggle room.
Support is another important feature. Some halter tops have underwire for this purpose. You can even find halters that build in padding, both for support and enhancement. Preferences can vary on that, which is why you’ll find a wide range of options in any bikini top type.
- If you already have a bottom you like, you can find a bikini top to match. They’re available in solids and patterns. You can also pick out your halter first and choose bottoms to match.
- Some swimsuit tops are designed to fit more snugly than others. Keep that in mind while you’re shopping. You might want to size down in those options and size up in others.
- Some bathing suits are labeled “hand wash only.” Look for that if you prefer to toss your swimsuit in the washer between uses.
- Material plays a vital role in how comfortable and durable your swimsuit is. Polyester fabrics tend to build in durability and give you a soft feel with vibrant colors. Nylon is also a popular swimsuit fabric, but it can pill and change texture over time. You’ll likely also want a little spandex to give you the stretch you need for comfort throughout the day.
- Some halters use a double strap to give you a little extra support. Others rely on thicker straps for that. Wider straps do tend to provide more support for larger chests than thinner straps do.
- Most halter bikini tops use Small to Large sizing. If you have a tough time finding swimsuit tops that fit, try searching for suits that go by cup size. This may make it easier to find an exact match.
- A well-fitting bathing suit top puts the underwire under the breasts. You can test proper fit by leaning forward and ensuring everything stays covered. This will give you the security you need as you step out in public. If your underwire is sitting properly against your chest, you should be able to slip your finger beneath the band.