SheIn Twist Front Asymmetrical Off-Shoulder Top
Last updated: July 21, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Off-Shoulder Tops and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Off-Shoulder Top you should buy.
Sheln’s asymmetrical high/low top is more than just a shirt; it graces the body by exposing both shoulders, with a hip-length hem on one side and below the knee length on the other. The sleeves stop just above the elbows. You can pair this elegant top with leggings, jeans or slacks.
In our analysis, the SheIn SheIn Twist Front Asymmetrical Off-Shoulder Top placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Polyester. Pull On closure. 94.5% Rayon, 5.5% Spandex. Fabric is very stretch. High low off shoulder top. Very elegant and flattering.
Off-Shoulder Top Rankings
There is no end to the variety of off-the-shoulder tops you can find out there; while some reveal both sides, others reveal just one. They often have elastic sewn into the necklines and sleeves to hold them into place, but some are just more relaxed.
The neckline can be straight to expose two shoulders or angled to show just one. Showing more skin in this way elongates the neck and showcases your shoulder(s) in fun, sexy and flirty ways.
Though the stay-at-home look continues to be popular, not all off-the-shoulder tops are loose. You may prefer these, but there are also off-the-shoulder tops you can categorize as minimalist or sleek. Some are cropped, others hit at the waist or hip, and many are longer than that. In addition, asymmetrical tops can be short on one side and long on the other!
Like any other item of clothing, off-the-shoulder tops can be made from various fabrics. Polyester blends are standard and resist wrinkling; look for polyester tops with spandex added in for stretch and comfort. Cotton and linen fabrics will wrinkle more quickly, and fabrics like wool will be heavier. There’s no reason you can’t wear off-the-shoulder tops, tunics and dresses when it’s cold out.
Your off-the-shoulder top can go with different bottoms, depending on your chosen style. Loose and relaxed tops go well with shorts, slim leggings and distressed jeans. If the length is extra-long, you can put on a pair of stockings and boots to complete your look. Tunic tops look lovely with slim-fitting pants, and form-fitting off-the-shoulder shirts often look best with slim or looser silhouettes on the bottom.
Finding the proper undergarments to wear with these tops and dresses can be challenging since one or more shoulders will be exposed. That’s why so many women rely on strapless bras or bras with clear straps. You can also get a hair tie, attach two safety pins to it and pin the whole thing onto the top’s inside elastic or seam in the front and back of your armpit.
- Do not order a loose-fitting off-the-shoulder top one size up, or it may look like it’s falling off your body when you wear it.
- Loose off-the-shoulder tops are sometimes referred to as having “batwing” sleeves. These are unconstructed and wide, without noticeable indentations in the armpits.
- An off-the-shoulder top is usually the focal point of an outfit, so you may want to play down the other parts of your outfit; the choice is up to you.
- Keep your hair off your shoulders to draw even more attention to them.
- Wearing thick necklaces with these tops may throw your outfit out of balance.
- Fitted off-the-shoulder tops also pair well with A-line skirts, high-waisted pants and jeans.
- Some of these tops are lower on top and reveal a good part of the upper chest and arms.
- If your off-the-shoulder top is very oversized or has a lot of detailing on the neckline or sleeves, it can be hard to find a jacket to fit on top. Wraps and cardigans can work in these cases.
- Use moisturizer, bronzers, contouring makeup and other skin care products to keep your shoulders looking great when wearing these tops; they will be in the spotlight!