ShearGuru Thinning Shears & Hairdressers’ Scissors Set, 3-Piece
Last updated date: January 9, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hair Dressers' Scissors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hair Dresser Scissors you should buy.
Update as January 9, 2023:
Checkout The Best Hair Dressers’ Scissors for a detailed review of all the top hair dressers' scissors.
This option comes with two pairs of adjustable scissors of different types along with a straight razor. The blades are made extra sharp for easy cutting. You can put the tools in the included case.
In our analysis, the ShearGuru ShearGuru Thinning Shears & Hairdressers' Scissors Set, 3-Piece placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MAKE PERFECT CUTS EVERY TIME: This luxurious and elegant hair cutting shears set is constructed from hand-sharpened Japanese stainless steel that retains its sharp edge up to 5x longer than regular stainless steel. These superior blades will never lock up or get dull, ensuring a perfect split free cut every time. SHARP, SMOOTH AND EFFICIENT: With a finely honed blade and a custom designed Culton tension adjustment screw, these shears will outperform any other shears in its class. We invested more time on our product so you can spend more time being productive. CUT HAIR IN COMFORT: These premium scissors were designed for professionals, this means you can shear all day and never experience fatigue. These comfortable and easy to use shears will allow you to cut a day’s worth of hair without feeling stress in your hands or shoulders makin this the best hair cutting scissors professional. LIFETIME GUARANTEE: We are so confident that you will love these shears that we’ve included our unique lifetime guarantee; if you are ever unsatisfied we will return your money, no questions asked. Finally haircutting and shearing just became easier with these sissiors. DESIGNED FOR THE SALON: You’ll find our professional shears in salons across the country. So whether you’re a hair stylist looking for the most comfortable, efficient sciccors to add to your hair cutting accessories tools, or a parent looking to impress at home, the ShearGuru Professional Shears Set is guaranteed to make the cut. Order yours today!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hair Dressers' Scissors
If you want to cut your hair or someone else’s, it’s worth getting a good pair of hairdressers’ scissors rather than using general scissors you already have at home. These specialized scissors are sharp enough to cut your hair without splitting your ends or leaving uneven edges. They’re more ergonomic so that you can do your haircuts more comfortably, and they come in various types to suit your needs.
You’ll encounter a selection of traditional cutting shears, texturizing shears and thinning shears. The traditional scissors are what you’re most familiar with and have two regular blades. On the other hand, thinning and texturizing shears have a regular blade along with one that features teeth. Regular scissors are versatile and what you need for cutting and layering hair, while specialized scissors work well for adding texture and thinning out hair.
Any pair of hairdressers’ scissors should be durable and sharp. Stainless steel scissors are popular since they can hold up a long time without breaking. When it comes to sharpness, you’ll want a pair of scissors with blades that can precisely cut various hair textures and allow for sharpening to extend the lifetime of the pair. You should also make sure the scissors are built well so that you don’t have mishaps such as the scissors getting stuck while you’re cutting someone’s hair.
Comfort is another important consideration for hairdressers’ scissors. The pair should have an adjustable screw so you can change the tension to fit your preferences, and they should also not be too heavy to handle. The finger rings should be sized to comfortably fit your fingers whether you’re left- or right-handed. It also helps to get a pair of scissors with comfort grips in the finger rings since these add some cushioning and make it easier to handle the shears.
The Hair Dresser Scissors Buying Guide
- Haircutting scissors come in different lengths where six-inch scissors are a very popular option. You might want shorter or longer scissors depending on your comfort level and the types of haircutting techniques you’ll use.
- The quality of the hairdressers’ scissors will affect how long they last. Your budget matters since premium shears cost more but can last for many years compared to some cheaper scissors that might need replaced after a year or two. You’ll also want to consider how often you’ll use the scissors since even an economical pair can last a long time if used just a few times a year.
- Make sure that you and others only use the hairdressers’ scissors for hair or else the blades can get worn or damaged. Putting the scissors away in a protective case can prevent mishaps where someone else mistakenly uses your scissors for paper or another material.
- To keep your hairdressers’ scissors in good shape, clean them every time you use them. In addition, use a clipper or scissor oil on them occasionally. Try to avoid letting the scissors be wet since this can cause rust.
- Along with buying standalone scissors, you might want to look into haircutting kits that offer variety and accessories. These may save you money versus buying these items on their own. Such kits often include both regular and thinning or texturizing shears, a carrying case and possibly a hair razor and comb.
- You can use your hairdressers’ scissors on both wet and dry hair. Cutting wet hair can make it easier to create straight lines, but it also increases the risk that you’ll cut too much as the hair will shrink once it dries. It can be trickier to cut dry hair unless you have experience, but it allows you to see how the hair will look right away. Dry cutting is especially beneficial for those with curls.
- Since hairdressers’ scissors are very sharp, watch out for your fingers to avoid injuring yourself.
- Whether you’re new or experienced with cutting hair, it’s safest to start with small cuts to avoid going shorter than you planned. You can always go back and cut the hair shorter, but once it’s gone, you’re stuck waiting until it grows out.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide