Shave Well Fog-Free Shower Mirror
Last updated date: September 10, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Shower Mirrors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Shower Mirror you should buy.
If you want an affordable shower mirror that comes with all the bells and whistles, look no further than the Shave Well Fog-Free Shower Mirror. This mirror features a special coating that keeps it from fogging up. The removable adhesive also allows you to change the position of the mirror or take the mirror out of the shower for easy travel when going on vacation. In our testing, we loved the small size and portability of this shower mirror. In our analysis of 104 expert reviews, the Shave Well Shave Well Fog-Free Shower Mirror placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 11, 2019:
Checkout The Best Shower Mirror for a detailed review of all the top shower mirrors.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
While this fog free shower mirror was designed to outperform every other with a long-lasting, fog-free reflection, and easy-off travel design, you haven’t even heard the best part of the story! You see, your Shave Well mirror was assembled right here in the USA – at Sunshine Industries – a vocational training facility in Knoxville, Tennessee. That means that every mirror you purchase from Shave Well supports the financial, mental and physical wellbeing of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. And let me tell you, a smile is worth 1000 words, especially when you see participants learn, grow and obtain new levels of confidence, not to mention fair wages for a job well done! So while you enjoy that crystal clear reflection, give yourself a smile and a pat on the back knowing you made it possible for individuals with disabilities to work in a safe, encouraging, fulfilling environment they love!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Shower Mirrors
Shaving in the shower instead of at the bathroom sink is becoming more and more popular among men. Perhaps this is because less mess is made, making clean-up is a breeze. Another reason may be the fact that the bathroom mirror fogs up repeatedly, making the entire shaving process take much longer than it needs to.
Shaving mirrors are an excellent tool to speed up your morning routine. Before you buy one, there are a few things you’ll want to know.
Make sure the model is shatterproof. The last thing you want to do while installing the shower mirror is drop it and risk getting a nasty cut.
Next, look for a protective coating that is both fog-free and shadow-free. Stopping to wipe the mirror constantly while the steam continues to build in the shower won’t save you time. You want a model that states it is guaranteed not to fog, or fog-free for life.
How is the shower mirror attached to the wall? Does it use adhesive or suction cups? Suction cups work well, but they don’t hold their grip as long as adhesive. Additionally, you want to make sure the adhesive is removable so that you can adjust the mirror as needed.
Determine how adjustable the shower mirror is. Can you tilt it down when shaving your chin and then tilt it back up to shave across your cheek bones? Perhaps the unit hangs from a rope. This option would also allow you to position the mirror in a myriad of ways.
Check for any extras. For example, does the model feature a shelf that can hold your razor or is there a light to make it easier to see when you close the shower curtain and block the bathroom light? Does it come with a squeegee to wipe down the mirror after each use? Sometimes it’s the extra features that help you decide between the best two options.
DYWM Fun Fact
It is estimated that men typically will spend 3,000 hours over the course of their lives shaving. Fortunately, several products have been developed over the years that work to reduce the amount of time spent in the bathroom. One such item is the fogless shower mirror.
Until the end of the 18th century, men went to their local barbershop for a shave. Once Jean-Jacques Perre invented personal razors that could be used at home, men could sit in the bathroom with a mirror and shave themselves. There was one problem with this, however. Running hot water during the shave would produce steam that fogged up the mirror.
Two different types of shower mirrors were created to combat the fog that forms on mirrors during a shave. One type has a built-in heater to heat the mirror to resist fog, while the other features a protective coating that keeps the fog from forming on the surface of the mirror.
The Shower Mirror Buying Guide
- Make sure the shower mirror you’d like to try is returnable or comes with a guarantee. This protects you in the event that the mirror doesn’t live up to the claims made by the company that produced it.
- It’s always a good idea to dry the shower mirror off at the end of each shower with a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
- Over time, soap scum can build up on your mirror. When that happens, you’ll need to use one of several methods to remove it. You can use shaving cream or shampoo. Simply rub the mirror with the product to dissolve the soap scum and then rinse clean. Another option is to wipe down the mirror with a dryer sheet.
- Never use vinegar or an abrasive cleaner on the shower mirror. These agents are harsh, and they will remove the protective coating that prevents the mirror from fogging up. The abrasive cleaner may also scratch the surface of the mirror, making it harder to see during a shave.
- Should your mirror’s fog-free coating start to lose its effectiveness, apply a thin coating of a rain-repellent product made for car windshields. This is a handy solution to extend the life of your mirror.
- Command makes large water-resistant strips for use in showers and bathtubs. If the adhesive on your shower mirror starts to come loose, these strips will work well to get your mirror back in place.
- When considering the price of a shower mirror, you’ll need to take a look at a few features. For example, mirrors that use a more reliable adhesive will cost slightly more than models that use suction cups. Size is also a factor, as larger surfaces command a higher price. If you’re willing to forgo extras, such as an attached shelf for storing your razor, you’ll be able to purchase a shower mirror at a lower amount.