Shark BBQ Knife Edge Extra Long Barbecue Grilling Tongs
Last updated date: October 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Grill Tongs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Grill Tong you should buy.
Update as September 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Grill Tongs for a detailed review of all the top grill tongs.
Made with extra-thick 304 stainless steel, this barbecue tool gives you rust resistance and durability. The unique patented design combines tongs with a spatula and cutting edge, all in one tool. The PVC handle and 18-inch length makes this versatile tool perfect for outdoor grills, brick ovens and smokers.
In our analysis, the Shark BBQ Shark BBQ Knife Edge Extra Long Barbecue Grilling Tongs placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
HEAVY DUTY: 304 Stainless Steel Barbecue Tool, Strong and Sturdy, Extra Thick Metal, Rust Resistant. THREE GRILLING ACCESSORIES in ONE Tool: 1) Cooking Tongs 2) Wide Grip Spatula 3) Sharp Cutting Edges. PATENTED DESIGN: Wide Tongs, PVC Handle, Perfect Charcoal and Smoker Utensils, Top Gifts for Dad. EASY CLEAN: Durable, Unique Long Lasting BBQ Tools, Best for Grilling Accessories, Tongs for Cooking. LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Love it or your money back!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Grill Tongs
If you’re going to spend some time cooking outdoors this summer, you’ll need a good set of grilling tools. One of the most vital every grill master needs is a pair of tongs, which help you easily flip items and remove them when they’re done.
But tongs for your outdoor grill have distinct differences from the kind you’ll buy for indoor cooking. First up, there’s the length. A pair of grilling tongs should be longer to keep your hands protected from the intense heat inside a grill. Tongs for grilling are typically at least 12 inches long, but you can find some as long as 18 inches.
Of course, those longer, heavy-duty tongs can make it tough to control smaller items you’re cooking. For that reason, many grilling tongs feature ridged or scalloped edges in the gripping area to make it easier to grab onto the food. Also take a close look at the handle of the tongs you’re choosing. One that’s designed to provide a comfortable grip will make your grilling sessions much more pleasant and result in less hand strain.
Of course, most of the time, your tongs will be in storage, awaiting use. Before you start shopping around, consider where you’ll store them when you aren’t grilling. If you want to hang them on a hook, you’ll need a pair that has a loop built in. For tongs that will be stored in a drawer, a locking mechanism that keeps the tongs in the closed position can come in handy.
The Grill Tong Buying Guide
- Grilling tongs can be exposed to extreme heat. Make sure you choose a pair that can hold up well in those conditions. Stainless steel is a durable material that can also be tossed in the dishwasher after each use.
- Rust resistance is also important in a pair of grilling tongs, particularly if you’ll be washing them in the dishwasher or leaving them in the elements.
- With any grilling tools, it’s important to make sure the design is long enough to keep your hand safely away from the flames that will inevitably jump up as you shift your food around on the cooking surface.
- In addition to tongs, your outdoor grilling will also likely call for a spatula and basting brush. You’ll also need a platter for transporting your foods, and bowls to hold your sauces. For cleanup, you’ll need a grill brush and scraper.
- Storing your tongs between uses is important. If you are adding your tongs to other tools specifically for grilling, consider a case that will keep everything in one place. But if you’re storing them in a drawer or on a hook, choose one that will make that process easier with features like a hole or locking mechanism.
- Comfort can make a difference when you’re grilling for a while. This is especially important if you’re hosting a cookout where you’ve invited a large group of people. You could find yourself standing in front of the grill for hours. Having tongs and other tools that have a comfortable handle can make a big difference.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide