Shanik Cheese Cutting Board Set
Last updated date: October 24, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cheese Boards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cheese Board you should buy.
In our analysis of 85 expert reviews, the Shanik Shanik Cheese Cutting Board Set placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 18, 2019:
Checkout The Best Cheese Board for a detailed review of all the top cheese boards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Shanik Shanik’s cheese board with turning drawer Acacia has proven to be very functional, easy to process, aesthetically and extremely durable and resistant and is a very common material used in the production of kitchen utensils. Store and display with a slide - Clever and one of a kind design Our beautiful cheese board is perfect for serving your guests and it also stands out as a fabulous gift for your friends, colleagues and family. The set contains: a parmesan shaver, one hard cheese knife with acacia wood handle, a cheese fork and it comes with 3 ceramic plates. All knives are stored perfectly in the built-in drawer which you can reveal while sliding the board. Delightful centerpiece for any festive table From serving cheese to crackers and peanuts, our acacia cheese board adds a special touch to your event and conveys a warm welcome to your guests. The perfect partner in the weekends when your friends are coming over to share their fun stories with a glass of wine and a good slice of laugh , you know what they: say cheese ! cheese board cheese board Manual Coffee Grinder Extendable Dish Rack Salad Spinner Chop&Spiral Slicer Pro Magic Chopper Other Shanik Products Sink Caddy Multifunction Cutting Board Cut&Drain Foldable Dish Drainer Dish Rack Set On Sponge Mat Other Shanik Products heal Let’s make the world a better place ! High quality is our mission, helping to heal is our passion. Supporting children with the EB disease has always been our priority at the personal level, and now with your support, we'd love to take it to another level. In other words… With every action you take towards supporting World of Shanik, you will too be a part of this beautiful journey of supporting children that suffer from Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) - The worst disease you’ve never heard of. Heal Child Skin Disease Foundation is a non-profit organization, seeking to directly help those affected by severe skin diseases and more specifically Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). At Heal, our goal is to raise funding to sponsor children affected by such diseases. 100% of the donations we receive are allocated towards the treatment of our patients. Currently, Heal sponsors over 400 children who suffer from EB. These children are coming from low-income families who cannot support their child sufficiently. With the help of our donors, Heal has managed to provide clinical services, surgeries, medical supplies, etc. for our patients. However, there is a constant need to provide our patients with the expenses required for their treatment.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cheese Boards
Charcuterie boards are perfect for entertaining. Also known as cheese boards, they’re usually made of wood and sometimes come with a handle for easy transport. But today’s consumers don’t want to invest in an item they can only use for one food type. For that reason, manufacturers are creating cheese boards that can be used for a wide range of food types, from meats and fruits to crackers and bread.
Whether you’re buying a cheese board as a gift or for yourself, it’s important to put safety as a top priority. When you’re using a tray for food storage, bacteria can become a health hazard. You’ll quickly notice many cheese boards are made with bamboo wood, which is naturally antimicrobial. Although there are other types of cheese boards, bamboo is a safe bet.
Likely the first thing you notice as you start shopping is that each board seems to have a different design. Some are built with grooves ideal for displaying crackers and bread, among other items. You can set your cheeses and meats in the center, then surround them with crackers on the side. Some trays also come with a grooved area ideal for displaying nuts or fruit.
Accessories are another consideration. You may already have knives you prefer to use, but some cheese boards have built-in drawers fully stocked with every type of knife you’ll need. If you take your cheese board to outside events or a separate area of your house, you may like having dedicated knives.
One issue many consumers have had with cheese boards is damage to their knives. Some boards can dull or damage the blades. It’s important to look for a cheese board that’s tough enough to survive years of use while also keeping your knives safe. Look for a smooth surface that will work with your blades rather than against them.
DYWM Fun Fact
Cheese has been around for at least 4,000 years, but its origins are debated. Legend says cheese was invented by accident when an Arabian merchant was storing his milk in a pouch made from a sheep’s stomach while traveling. After all those hours in the sun, the milk began to separate, forming curds and whey, similar in texture to what we now know as cottage cheese. That night, he tried the results and found that he liked the taste of the curd. Cheesemaking was later brought to Europe, allegedly by travelers visiting from Asia. There, it continued to flourish and became a mainstream food, with pilgrims bringing it to America in 1620.
The Cheese Board Buying Guide
- The first thing to consider is how you’ll be using your cheese board. If you want a board with a grooved area to hold crackers, look at the Bambüsi Bamboo Cheese Board Set or Dynamic Gear Bamboo Cheese Board. But what’s really useful for this is the Royal Craft Wood Bamboo Cheese Board, which has two separate, dipped areas for holding crackers, nuts or other snacks.
- The Royal Craft Wood Chopping Board is more cutting board than cheese tray. That means the groove around the outer rim is too shallow for storing crackers. It’s designed to absorb juices while you’re cutting meat.
- The serving handles on the Royal Craft Wood Chopping Board can come in handy if you’re carrying your tray after you’ve prepared it.
- A slide-out drawer can be useful for storing knives. The Bambüsi Bamboo Cheese Board Set and Dynamic Gear Bamboo Cheese Board not only include slide-out drawers, but also knife sets.
- Bamboo boards are naturally antimicrobial to keep your food safe. The Royal Craft Wood Chopping Board is made from bamboo grown without any pesticides. It’s also BPA free.
- Not all woods are exactly alike, even within the same type. The Royal Craft Wood Chopping Board is made from Moso bamboo, which is known for its durability.
- Another thing to assess before buying a cheese board is exactly how much room you’ll need. A larger cheese board can be great for entertaining large groups, but that also makes it difficult to store. The Royal Craft Wood Chopping Board is the largest, followed closely by the Royal Craft Wood Bamboo Cheese Board. The Dynamic Gear Bamboo Cheese Board and the Bambüsi Bamboo Cheese Board Set are smaller and more storage-friendly, but these boards may not be big enough for larger gatherings.