SGT KNOTS Mesh Bag
Last updated date: August 21, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laundry Bags and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laundry Bag you should buy.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
MESH BAG - A high-quality reusable polyester mesh bag features ultra-strong 550 paracord drawstring. Perfect stuff bag for gym clothes, laundry, and swimming gear. DURABLE POLYESTER - Lightweight polyester has a natural resistance to moisture, UV rays, chemicals, and weather. Mesh design allows ample air flow and keeps essential items and clothing organized, smell-free, secure, and visible. EMERGENCY CORD - The 550 paracord drawstring bag keeps clothes and gear tightly packed in without the worry of zipper malfunctions. The tie line can be removed and used as an emergency supply of paracord. Ideal for hunting, backpacking, and all outdoor activities. SIZE and COLOR - Choose from a wide range of sizes (12 inch - 36 inch x 15 inch - 45 inch), with or without shoulder straps. SGT KNOTS Mesh Bag / Tote Bag / Laundry Bag is available in: Black, Red, Kelly Green, Orange, Sky Blue, Royal Blue, Gold, Purple, Neon Yellow, Neon Lime, Neon Orange, Neon Pink, Navy Blue, and Gray. VETERAN OWNED and OPERATED - Polyester Mesh Bag made in the USA. Just like the Marine Corps, SGT KNOTS is committed to being the best of the best. We continue to live by the motto, Semper Fidelisâ€”Always Faithful. Our loyalty to our customers is what makes us who we are, and the reason we continue to grow in popularity and product offerings. We promise to maintain the strength and consistency of our products. We also pass down our bulk savings to our customers.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laundry Bags
Laundry bags are a handy invention that help folks tackle their wash with ease. In addition to keeping socks from magically disappearing during a cycle in the dryer, these bags protect undergarments with hooks and straps from getting snagged during washing and drying. Laundry bags can be used to transport laundry to a laundromat or to collect soiled garments during a vacation.
If you’d like to give laundry bags a try, there are a few things you’ll want to be on the look out for as you shop. Start by examining the fabric the laundry bag is made out of. Ideally, it should be constructed out of a mesh material that is see-through. This fabric is washable and allows users to clearly see which laundry items are in the bag. This is especially helpful when traveling and going through airport security.
You may opt for a bag that isn’t made of mesh, like the HOMEST Travel Laundry Bag, 2-Pack. This bag is designed specifically for travel. It folds up small, so you can toss it in your suitcase. While you’re away, you place your dirty laundry in the bag. The bag expands as you add to it and has a drawstring for closing the bag once it’s full.
Next, make sure that your laundry bag set comes with bags in different sizes. You’ll find some sets come in up to four sizes, often with colored zippers that identify the size. This way, you have smaller bags for your socks and undergarments and larger bags for your blouses.
Pay attention to how the laundry bags close. Some bags use zippers. Since zippers can get caught on other clothing in the washing machine, you’ll need a bag with a fold-over top to cover up the zipper.
Consider any additional uses you may want the laundry bags to perform. For example, some laundry bags or laundry cubes actually have handles that make them portable. They are excellent for carrying to the laundromat or for organizing clothing to fit in a suitcase. You may even find a set that comes with a special bag for storing your digital devices. These bags are waterproof, so your devices are safe from splashes if you’re visiting a beach or lake resort.
DYWM Fun Fact
It may surprise you to learn that in America, an estimated 660,000,000 loads of laundry are washed each and every week. Laundry bags certainly help make the task a bit easier. In fact, back in the early days when men sailed the seas for travel and exploration, they cleaned their clothing by tossing soiled laundry in bags and dragging them behind the ship. They simply let the sea do all the cleaning for them.
Ancient Romans actually washed their clothing using human urine. Urine contains ammonia, which is effective against removing stains and dissolving dirt and grease.
The first washing machine that was marketed heavily across the United States had a name. It was called Thor — just like Thor, the Norse god, played by Chris Hemsworth in all of the popular Marvel comic movies.
The Laundry Bag Buying Guide
- Look for any warranties that let you know the company stands behind their product. Some models are pretty basic and don’t offer a warranty, but others have a worry-free lifetime warranty that protects customers against any damages or defects.
- Always refer to the product label for cleaning instructions. Although some laundry bags are safe to toss in your washing machine, they are not recommended for the high heat setting in your dryer. Waterproof designs may only require a wipe down with a soft soapy sponge instead of being fully submerged in a washing machine full of water.
- Never overfill your laundry bag before washing. In order for the clothes to get clean, they need to have space to move around.
- Avoid using laundry bags with drawstrings in the washing machine. The strings can get caught and cause damage to parts of your washer or to any other clothes in the wash at the time.
- To make sorting clothing in your laundry room easier, consider hanging S hooks from your laundry room shelving and placing the mesh bags on the hooks. You can even line them up by size.
- Consider a few alternative uses for your mesh laundry bags. Use them to store beach, pool and bath toys. The bags are also excellent at keeping bugs away from your food when you’re getting ready for a picnic. Simply place the bowl of food inside the bag and zip it up until you’re ready to serve it. Mesh laundry bags are also capable of holding Legos when the original packaging breaks and your kids’ sports gear in between games and practices.
- When comparing laundry bag prices, it is important to consider the material the bags are made out of and how many bags you’re getting in each set. Bags made entirely of mesh are the most inexpensive. You’ll also find sets with a higher number of pieces cost more than sets that have just one or two bags. It’s best to divide the total sales price by the number of laundry bags in the set to get the price per bag. Then you’ll be able to use that figure to determine which set is the best deal.