Seville Classics Tufted Foldable Storage Bed Ottoman
Last updated date: July 16, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bed Ottomans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bed Ottoman you should buy.
This bed ottoman has a contemporary design and utilizes a hinged top. When not in use, the ottoman is completely foldable. Users will love the large compartment with two removable dividers, as well as the comfortable padded top that is large enough to accommodate two or three people. In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Seville Classics Seville Classics Tufted Foldable Storage Bed Ottoman placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bed Ottoman for a detailed review of all the top bed ottomans.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Enjoy stylish and functional furniture with Seville Classics tufted lift top foldable storage bench ottoman. We designed this ottoman Bench with a hinged lid for easy access without removing the top. Lid features a tufted, padded seat top with matching buttons for a classic look. Remove the top to reveal a generous storage compartment (43. 3" L x 17. 7" W x 17. 7" H) with 2 removable divider panels. Bench body is constructed with MDF for strength and lightness. Bench is upholstered in 100% non-woven polyester for a durable and easy-to-clean furniture piece. Seat lid supports up to 440 lbs. evenly distributed, and the interior can hold up to 50 lbs. Organize clothes, blankets, linens, toys, remotes and more! Foldable design is easy to store under-the-bed when empty.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bed Ottomans
Not only do ottomans add a touch of style to a bedroom, but they’re extremely functional as well. They provide added seating in addition to extra storage. If you’re looking to make the most use of the space you have in your bedroom, you’ll want to consider purchasing a bed ottoman.
Examine the construction of the different ottomans first. Some are crafted using a medium-density fiberboard that is quite sturdy, while others are made out of a durable solid wood. It’s a good idea to check the weight capacity of the ottoman as well, especially if you’re planning on using it to sit on. You’ll find the weight capacity can be as little as 300 pounds or as much as 600 pounds.
Check how much assembly is required before you buy. There are foldable models, like the Seville Classics Tufted Foldable Storage Bed Ottoman, that don’t require any assembly. You simply have to unfold them after removing them from the packaging. Other ottomans come assembled with the exception of the legs, which can be screwed into place with ease. Of course, there are also models that need to be fully assembled using tools that you’ll want to make sure you have on hand before you buy.
Consider the amount of storage you need next. The SONGMICS Folding Storage Bed Ottoman is an excellent choice for moderate storage needs. It comes with a center divider, so you can keep linens on one side and blankets on the other. If you need extra storage, however, you’ll want to go with the Christopher Knight Home Mission Storage Bed Ottoman. It’s just over 50 inches wide and almost 20 inches deep.
Look for a comfortable bed ottoman that matches your style. You’ll find ottomans made using high-end imitation linen fabric and sponge padding, as well as models with beautiful stitching and an elegant tufted top. The BELLEZE Button Tufted Storage Bed Ottoman even comes in six attractive colors. They include brown, gray, natural, light brown, rustic brown and rustic gray.
DWYM Fun Fact
Researchers say that ottomans come from Turkey, but there are several theories about their exact origin. One theory says the making of the ottoman, named after the Ottoman Empire, came from a method for using cloth and soft materials to create low stools, which Turkish carpet weavers may have learned from Egyptians. Another theory says the word “ottoman” also means “divan,” and it was the main form of domestic seating in medieval Turkey because it facilitated human bonding.
Ottomans made their first appearance in Europe in the 18th century; the first evidence of the actual name being used is from France in 1729. President Thomas Jefferson traveled to France and brought an ottoman back home with him in 1789, introducing the concept to Americans. Today, there are many different ottomans on the market, including models that are designed to rest at the foot of a bed.
The Bed Ottoman Buying Guide
- Take care to avoid overstuffing collapsible ottomans or you won’t be able to fit the lid back on the top.
- It’s good practice to give your ottoman a cleaning every so often. For the most part, you’ll probably only need to vacuum out the inside of the ottoman using your vacuum’s attachments. Should the outer fabric of your ottoman need refreshing, you’ll want to find a cleaning product that matches the specifications on the product care tag. For example, some fabrics require a water-based cleaner, while others need a solvent-based cleaner.
- There are several ways you can use an ottoman in the bedroom, besides storing extra linens. They make great side and coffee tables as well as footstools. You can use the inside storage for your purses, shoes or winter coats. If you have a pet, the ottoman can become a dog bed. If you have small children, you can place diapers or toys inside. Should you not have a dedicated office space, you can even use the ottoman to hold your important files.
- If your ottoman begins to have an unpleasant odor, sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda in the ottoman and wait 24 hours before vacuuming it up. Baking soda works to absorb odors, so it will leave your ottoman smelling clean once again.
- You’ll find bed ottomans come in a variety of price points based on construction, size and style. This allows you to choose based on whether you want a more basic and affordable product, something with a unique design and a high weight capacity — or something in between.