Seventh Generation Free & Clear Unscented Professional All-Purpose Cleaner Refill, 2-Pack
Last updated date: May 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Disinfectant Sprays and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Disinfectant Spray you should buy.
Update as May 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Disinfectant Spray for a detailed review of all the top disinfectant sprays.
Great for home and commercial use, this unscented all-purpose cleaner is safe to use on most surfaces. It's an EPA Safer Choice cleaner that is free of artificial fragrances and chlorine bleach. This plant-based cleaner is also never tested on animals, so you can feel good about your purchase.
In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Seventh Generation Unscented All-Purpose Cleaner, 2-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The powerful plant-based cleaning ingredients in our Seventh Generation Professional Glass & Surface Cleaner clean to a streak-free shine. Put a sparkle on your windows, mirrors, and other surfaces (for example stainless steel and glass). This formula gets great results without using VOCs, dyes or fragrances. Sold in a convenient ready to use 32 oz and refill size (1 gallon / 128 oz), ideal for commercial use. We at Seventh Generation empower cleaners in every day out of home environments to create a cleaner world through a suite of products and services that put pride into their work. So in the end we will all have the peace of mind that comes from knowing we are taking care of every school, restaurant, hotel, office and public space that makes our communities whole. Based in Vermont, Seventh Generation is proud to be a Certified B Corporation. B Corps are certified to be better for workers, better for communities, and better for the environment. We made a promise the moment we named our brand. It’s a promise that every decision, all household cleaners, will be made with careful consideration of our impact on the well-being of the next seven generations. It’s our belief that the best way to live is with our collective future in mind – because you can’t live a healthy life on a sick planet. By choosing Seventh Generation natural cleaning products, you’re joining us in nurturing the health of the next seven generations.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Disinfectant Sprays
It’s important that every household have a disinfectant spray on hand. This is because bacteria live in colonies and replicate at a fast pace. In fact, bacteria reproduce once every 20 minutes. This isn’t a problem if the bacteria are good bacteria, but it can be a big problem if you’re dealing with bad bacteria. Disinfectant works to kill that bad bacteria, so you and your loved ones don’t get sick.
When shopping for a quality disinfectant spray, you want to look for one that is EPA registered, like the Barbicide Liquid Disinfectant. In fact, this brand is also hospital-grade and able to kill everything from hepatitis to influenza. It can even be used on gardening tools to kill bacteria that affect plants. It’s rust-resistant and doesn’t stain.
Look for a disinfectant spray that does more than just clean the surfaces in your home. For example, the RMR Mold Disinfectant & Cleaner is also a broad-spectrum fungicide and virucide. It’s effective against 141 different microorganisms and capable of killing mold and mildew. It also eliminates foul odors.
Check which surfaces the disinfectant spray can be used on. Most sprays are suitable for kitchen and bathroom surfaces. Products like GreenFist Citrus Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner, however, can also be used on carpeting. The spray uses plant-based natural acids and hydrogen peroxide in its formula. It’s biodegradable and never tested on animals.
Go with a disinfectant spray that is safe to use on children’s toys when cleaning areas your kids and pets frequent. The HONEYDEW Silicon Toy Disinfectant Spray is a good choice, as it is gentle and non-irritating. It is free from sulfates, parabens and alcohol. The bottle can also be recycled after the contents have been used up.
The Disinfectant Spray Buying Guide
- Reviewers report that certain disinfectant sprays have a strong odor. If you are sensitive to these odors, you’ll need to use care when choosing the right spray.
- Some of the disinfectant sprays don’t dissolve the mold after they kill it. You’ll still need to clean and wipe the mold away after you kill it. Use a set of paper towels or an old rag that you can toss and some hot soapy water to clean up the mold.
- Store your disinfectant spray out of the reach of small children and pets. Even if the disinfectant is made from plant-based ingredients, it is harmful if swallowed. It can also irritate the eyes. You can contact Poison Control by dialing 1-800-222-1222, should you have any questions or concerns.
- When cleaning toys with specially formulated disinfectant spray, it is important that you remove any batteries before you apply the spray.
- Read the disinfectant spray’s product label to determine how long you need to leave the spray on a surface before you can wipe it up. For example, some formulas require you to wait 5 minutes, while others suggest waiting 10 minutes.
- Certain disinfectant sprays are formulated with strong chemicals and should be used while wearing protective gloves and safety glasses.
- When taking price into consideration, you must first discover the amount you’re paying per ounce. Take the total cost of the disinfectant spray and divide that by the number of ounces in the container. The Barbicide Liquid Disinfectant is one of the more affordable brands. The RMR Mold Disinfectant & Cleaner and the GreenFist Citrus Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner are moderately priced, while the HONEYDEW Silicon Toy Disinfectant Spray has the highest cost per ounce.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide