SET Enterprises Five Crowns Rummy-Style Card Game
Last updated date: October 26, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Card Games and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Card Game you should buy.
Update as October 26, 2021:
Checkout The Best Card Games for a detailed review of all the top card games.
This five-suited game with a rotating wild card is styled after rummy. It’s recommended for ages 8 to adult and works well for one to seven players. It's also quick and easy to learn, making it a great option for family game night. You can even play a solitaire version alone!
In our analysis, the SET Enterprises SET Enterprises Five Crowns Rummy-Style Card Game placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Five Crowns is a five suited rummy style card game. This award winning, classic game is a quick favorite for both avid and casual card players. Five Crowns features a unique double deck that contains 5 suits: spades, clubs, hearts, diamonds, and stars. This special deck makes it easier to arrange your entire hand into books and runs. The rotating wild card keeps players on their toes The game begins with 3 cards and 3s are wild, the next round has 4 cards and 4s are wild and so on ‘til the Kings Go Wild Make the right combinations, be the first to go out, then watch players scramble as they get one last chance to cut their losses Five Crowns is loved by everyone, easy to play anywhere and a game that you’ll want to play again and again.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Card Games
Few games are as convenient as those involving playing cards. For one thing, card games are easy to store when they aren’t in use. Board games, in contrast, need a lot more dedicated space, whether it’s a shelf in the top of a closet or a storage chest in your bonus room.
Another great thing about playing cards is that they’re portable, so you can always take them on the road with you. They easily tuck into a suitcase or tote bag, and you can even keep them in your glove compartment to have on hand for long road trips with kids.
Card games take playing to the next level. Today’s games go beyond the classic card deck — although card decks that feature the four suits of clubs, diamond, hearts and spades remain a versatile and fun option. Some modern card games come with extra playing pieces that you use in combination with the cards. Some have games built into the cards themselves, which are printed with game moves and instructions.
A good card game is simply one that challenges you while also being ideal for playing with the people in your life. If you host game night with friends, you might have different needs than you would if you’re setting up a family game night.
Not all card games are designed for all age groups. Many adult card games aren’t recommended for children under the age of eight or so due to their complexity or adult content. But, you’ll find plenty of card games custom-designed for children, packed with educational features to help young minds develop.
Card games include a mix of old standbys, like rummy, and modern offerings — some of which offer a twist on the games you already know. You can also find newer classics like Uno, which can be played with regular cards but are even more fun if you buy the actual game. If you loved these activities in childhood, you’ll likely find that the learning curve is fairly small with the newer, slightly-changed versions.
The Card Game Buying Guide
- Some popular children’s card games combine cards with playing pieces. Children are then challenged to use those pieces to create the shape they see on the card. If you opt for this type of card game, keep in mind the many pieces that are included can easily become misplaced or damaged over time.
- Pay close attention not only to the age recommendations with the playing cards you buy but also the number of players. You’ll typically be fine as long as you have at least two players, but some card games won’t work for larger groups. Others are more fun the more people you have.
- Whether you’re purchasing a familiar, classic card game or one that’s new on the market, make sure you’ll be able to determine how to play it. Some card games come with instructions — but not all. You should be able to find directions and rules online, but it can help to check on this before you buy.
- If you’ve ever owned a card game, you probably know that the box housing them will become damaged and worn out over time. For that reason, premium card games come in metal tins that make for easy storage between uses.
- For gift-giving, pay attention to the card game’s packaging. A paper box might not make as good an impression as a decorative tin.
- Family game night brings extra challenges. You’ll need a game that challenges the adults and older kids without being too complex for younger children to join in. Games like Uno are ideal for this.
- Don’t be afraid to try out a new card game. There are many that also bring new twists on old favorites, giving you a taste of the familiar while also offering the chance to play something new.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide