Serenia Sleep Memory Foam RV Mattress, 8-Inch
Last updated date: July 26, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top RV Mattresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best RV Mattress you should buy.
Update as July 26, 2021:
Checkout The Best RV Mattress for a detailed review of all the top rv mattresses.
This RV mattress combines both support and comfort. A 2-inch memory foam layer rests on top of a 6-inch supportive base foam. Sleepers will love how the mattress is able to distribute their weight evenly and keep them cool throughout the night.
In our analysis, the Serenia Sleep Serenia Sleep Memory Foam RV Mattress, 8-Inch placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
2” of 2.5 lb density memory foam on a 6” supportive base foam with a soft 4-way stretch knit cover (fabric may vary slightly from picture). Temperature sensitive memory foam is open-cell construction, disperses weight evenly and gives a cooler sleeping experience than traditional closed-cell foam. Mattress is crafted in the USA with superior workmanship and quality. CertiPUR-US Certified. Limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On RV Mattresses
When you buy a recreational vehicle, it will likely come with a mattress, but you’ll quickly realize it’s not the best one you can sleep on. Fortunately, it’s easier than ever to upgrade your RV’s mattress with an affordable option you can order online.
But tracking down the right RV mattress can be challenging. There are some differences between the mattress you’d want for a bed in your home and one you’d want for an RV bed. For one thing, RV mattresses are shorter than their household counterparts. RV mattress sizes are fairly standard, but it’s always best to measure your existing mattress to make sure you’re getting the right fit.
The most important consideration will be comfort, though. You can easily find a mattress as comfortable as the one at home, but you’ll need to rely on the latest technology. Most mattresses these days use standard memory foam or gel-infused memory foam, rather than the traditional innerspring coils that once dominated the mattress industry.
Even with memory foam, though, one size doesn’t fit all. Look at how the mattress is constructed, including the thickness of each layer. Some offer a supportive core beneath all that memory foam to ensure you’re not only comfortable, but that you also have support for your body while you sleep.
The RV Mattress Buying Guide
- If you purchase a boxed mattress, opening it inside the RV will save you the trouble of having to move it once it’s fully expanded.
- Boxed mattresses can take up to 72 hours to expand to their full size, so make sure you plan ahead if you have a trip coming up.
- When it comes to the foam layers in a mattress, more really is more. At least three layers are recommended to get the right combination of support and comfort.
- If you tend to sleep hot, look for a mattress with cooling properties. Cooling gel foams and convoluted foams are ideal for this.
- If you’re putting your RV mattress directly on the base of your bed, make sure it’s not designed specifically for use with box springs.
- Some RV mattresses have covers designed to either make them easy to clean or to resist slippage. You can also find mattresses with covers that are removable to make them easy to wash when your trip is over.
- When you aren’t using your mattress, it’s best to take all bedding off and leave it uncovered, especially if you live in an area with high humidity. This will help keep moisture from building up in the mattress.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide