SereneLife Thunder Wave Extra Wide Kids’ Paddleboard
Last updated date: August 11, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kids' Paddle Boards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kids' Paddle Board you should buy.
Update as August 11, 2022:
Checkout The Best Kids’ Paddleboard for a detailed review of all the top kids' paddle boards.
High-grade PVC construction is what you'll get with this kids' paddleboard. It's covered with a high-pressure-laminated finish and a UV-resistant coating that will keep it from fading under the sun's harsh rays. The set comes with everything you need to get started, including a coiled ankle cuff safety leash, an air pump and a storage bag.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the SereneLife Thunder Wave Extra Wide Kids' Paddleboard placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WIDE SUP DESIGN – The Serene Life stand up paddling board is 10’ long and provides 32” of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing. SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY – The triple bottom panel fins help board improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike. NON-SLIP SOFT TOP DECK – Great for beginners, our paddleboard is made for early learning and for less accidents or injuries should you fall—happens to us all. COMPLETE PADDLEBOARD KIT – Every SereneLife Paddle Board also comes with paddling essentials, including a coiled ankle cuff safety leash, oar Pedal, manual air pump, patch repair accessory kit, and convenient storage bag.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kids' Paddle Boards
Paddleboarding is a great activity for kids and adults alike. It’s fun to get outside and on the water with family and friends. You can learn new skills, test your physical boundaries and enjoy the warm weather while getting some exercise.
A kids’ paddleboard is typically smaller and lighter than an adult paddleboard. Because kids weigh less than adults, they require less buoyancy. Typically, kids’ paddleboards are between 7 and 10 feet long. Keep in mind that kids grow quickly, so err on the side of a bigger board so kids have room to grow into their boards. You don’t want to end up with a board that is too small for kids after only a few months of use. Thinner boards that are around 5 inches thick are easier for kids to carry. They also ride low in the water, which makes balancing on them easier.
Which is better for kids — an inflatable or hard paddleboard? In many cases, an inflatable board is a good choice because it is less painful if kids get hit with it in the water. The fins on an inflatable board will also be less sharp. Inflatable paddleboards are also highly durable, which makes them ideal for kids to use while they are learning how to paddleboard.
The Kids' Paddle Board Buying Guide
- The fins on a paddleboard provide stability. Typically, long fins with a wide base offer more stability, while small fins offer better maneuverability and agility. On most paddleboards, fins are removable, so storage and travel is easier. A single-fin setup reduces drag in the water and is optimal for flatwater paddling. A three-fin setup makes straight tracking easier and can be used in flatwater or surf.
- Getting a paddle with your kids’ paddleboard is a good idea. These paddles have a teardrop-shaped blade that is angled slightly forward. If you stand the paddle up in front of you and raise one of your arms over your head, the paddle should come up to about your wrist. This is a good way to find the right length of paddle.
- Wearing the right clothes when paddleboarding with kids is key. Always ensure kids have sunscreen on any exposed skin. Wear a wetsuit in cold conditions to avoid hypothermia. In warmer weather, a T-shirt and bathing suit works well. Quick-drying material is essential, regardless of the temperature outdoors.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide