Septangle Women’s Plus Size Bathing Suit Swimwear
Last updated date: July 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Plus Size Swimwear and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Plus Size Swimwear you should buy.
This tankini offers plenty of bust support so you can be active without worrying about keeping everything in place. The suit also has drawstrings at the chest and sides so you can customize the fit. It needs to be hand washed with mild soap. In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the Septangle Septangle Women's Plus Size Bathing Suit Swimwear placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Plus Size Swimwear for a detailed review of all the top plus size swimwear.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Tankini Set Style Tankini Set Style Front-tie and side drawstring top with mid-waist boy shorts bottom tankini set show your graceful figure Built-in Wire-free bra Fully encircled power mesh shelf bra, soft, non-removable, wire-free cups let you find your perfect silhouette Unique Strap Design Backless with adjustable shoulder strap and tie back straps offer the tankini top great support
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Plus Size Swimwear
Wearing a flattering bathing suit not only helps you feel more confident at the beach or pool, but it is also more comfortable than wearing an ill-fitting one. You don’t have to constantly worry about adjusting the straps or making sure you have coverage where you need it. When you cannonball into the pool or run into the waves, you don’t need to fret about how your bathing suit looks. You can be free to enjoy the good weather and sunshine.
When you’re shopping for plus size swimwear, accentuate your best features by picking a style that flatters your shape. For example, if you want to show off your waistline, try wearing a belted swimsuit or one that is a wrap style. This will flatter your hourglass figure. If you want to emphasize your bust, go for a plus size swimsuit that has underwire support in the cups. Wide straps or a halter style will also help to lift up your bust.
If you want to wear a bikini but don’t want to show too much skin, opt for a high-waisted bottom. This will give you the coverage you need while still providing the allure of a two-piece suit. Lengthen your legs with a higher leg cut, or go for a retro look with lower cut leg openings. If you want to balance out a fuller bust, consider wearing boy shorts which help to widen your hips. There are so many styles to choose from so that you can find the perfect fit for you.
A common misconception about plus-sized clothing is that it should include baggy styles to hide your body shape. All baggy clothing does is look bulky and unstylish. Showcase your curves with form-fitting swimsuits that emphasize your favorite features. Don’t be afraid to play with bright patterns, prints and colors. You can express your personality through your swimwear and make a splash at the beach.
DWYM Fun Fact
If you want to extend the life of your perfect bathing suit, it’s important to take good care of it. After all, the chlorine from the pool or the salt from the ocean can have harsh effects on the fabric. Start by rinsing your suit with water once you’re done swimming after every use. This is especially important if you don’t have time to wash your suit right away. Opt for hand washing whenever possible, and use a mild detergent. The intensity of the washing machine cycle can cause rips, tears or snags in your suit. Instead of using the dryer, hang your plus size swimsuit up to air dry. The heat from the dryer can cause the colors of your swimsuit to fade and can distort the shape.
The Plus Size Swimwear Buying Guide
- The most difficult thing to get right about buying swimwear is size. Before you buy, take your bust, hip and waist measurements. Compare these to the sizing charts so you can pick the right size for your body. Take a look at your old swimsuits to see what size they are and consider how they fit. This will give you a starting point to pick the right size.
- Look for plus size swimwear with adjustable straps so you can get the perfect fit for your bust. Getting the right bust support not only provides comfort, it will help ensure everything stays where it should.
- Pick the style of your plus size swimsuit by considering which features you want to call attention to. For example, angled ruffles on a bathing suit usually bring the eye down, so they emphasize your legs. If you want a slimming effect on your waist, consider a bathing suit with shirring. An empire waist design helps to elongate your figure, while skirted suits can make your hips and legs look smaller. Tankinis and bikinis provide versatility because you can mix and match tops and bottoms, creating a new look.
- Don’t forget to make a statement with color and style. Classic black swimsuits offer a sleek and sophisticated look, while bright peaches, pinks and reds are fun and flirty. Stripes, polka dots, florals and other patterns are eye-catching and alluring.
- Opt for a material that is a mix of nylon and spandex. This is your best bet for a bathing suit that doesn’t absorb water and is resistant to chlorine.