Secura Rechargeable Foil Cutter Automatic Electric Wine Opener
Last updated date: July 2, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Wine Openers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Wine Opener you should buy.
If you live in a condo or small apartment, this space saving electric can opener is the way to go. It's compact and able to fit neatly in a kitchen cabinet or drawer. The unit is fully charged after about 6 hours and is able to open up to 30 bottles before it needs to be charged again. In our analysis of 29 expert reviews, the Secura Secura Automatic Foil Cutter Electric Wine Opener placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Electric Wine Opener for a detailed review of all the top electric wine openers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Cordless electric wine bottle opener removes the cork in seconds; This wine opener features a Stainless Steel housing with a transparent shell surrounding the corkscrew mechanism, No guess work needed; Built-in rechargeable battery, opens up to 30 bottles on a single the secure cordless electric wine bottle opener removes the cork in seconds and with the built-in rechargeable battery It can open approximately 30 bottles of wine on a single charge. This wine bottle opener features an attractive Stainless Steel handle that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and the transparent shell surrounding the corkscrew mechanism eliminates any need for guessing when the cork has been fully removed from the bottle. The foil cutter, included with the secure wine bottle opener, fits securely on the charging base so it is always close at hand. Simple push-button operation and elegant charging base with blue LED light make this wine bottle opener a great addition to your household appliances.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Wine Openers
Surveys show that nearly 75% of adults drink wine, with at least half of them having multiple glasses per week. If you find yourself among those numbers, you undoubtedly know how frustrating it can be to uncork a bottle of wine. This is where an electric wine opener comes in. This handy device does all the hard work for you. As you shop for the best electric wine opener, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind.
Determine just how portable you need the electric wine opener to be. Most models have a charging base that must be plugged into an outlet. That means you can take the opener off the base and use it in another room, but you’ll still need to have the base nearby for recharging. If you do a lot of traveling, a model that is battery operated is best. These openers are often lightweight and easy to store in a suitcase or carry-on bag.
Check the construction of the electric wine opener next. You want to invest in a model that is designed to last, like the Chefman One Touch Foil Cutter Electric Wine Opener. It’s made using a high-quality stainless steel top with a translucent bottom, so you can view the inner corkscrew mechanism. Users simply place the opener over the bottle, press the button on the opener and watch in amazement as the machine carefully and quickly removes the cork.
Review the size of the electric wine opener next. If you live in a condo or small apartment, you’ll need a space-saving opener. The Secura Automatic Foil Cutter Electric Wine Opener is slim in design and able to be stored discreetly when not in use. You can place it in a kitchen cabinet or even set it in a drawer. The base, however, will need to stay near an outlet.
Consider going with an electric wine opener that is able to hold a long charge. For example, the Oster Cordless Foil Cutter Electric Wine Opener is fully charged after just 6 hours. Once charged, the unit can open as many as 30 bottles before it needs to be recharged. It is UL approved for 110-120 voltage.
Look for any extras that may make one electric wine opener stand out from another. The Ozeri Nouveaux Foil Cutter Electric Wine Opener is a good example, as it comes in multiple color options, including red, black and silver. That way you can match the unit to the rest of your appliances. You’ll also want to keep an eye out for a unit that has an included foil opener or one that features a comfortable soft-grip handle.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that the oldest known winery was found in the caves of a mountain in Armenia? It’s true! Researchers believe the related artifacts they found in the cave indicate that the winery was used approximately 6,100 years ago. Here are a few more interesting wine facts:
- If you have a fear of wine, you are said to have oenophobia.
- The flowers of a dandelion plant can be used to make wine. In fact, the entire dandelion plant is edible.
- According to the Guinness World Records book, the most expensive white wine sold for $75,000 in January of 2011 to Christian Vanneque by The Antique Wine Company.
- The majority of wines actually use egg or fish bladder as a fining agent, which means that they aren’t actually vegan or vegetarian, even though they mainly consist of fruit.
- While red, white and rose wines are the most popular, there are plenty of other varieties for wine lovers to try, like orange and blue.
The Electric Wine Opener Buying Guide
- Most included foil cutters aren’t actually attached to the electric wine opener. That means they typically rest on the base near the opener and can be knocked off quite easily.
- Most electric wine openers are not ideal for travel since they need to stay near their charging base.
- The corkscrew is sharp, so handle the unit with care to prevent an accidental cut.
- Always check which plugs the electric wine opener is compatible with. Some are very limited, while others can be used with most North American plugs that are between 110 and 240 volts.
- It’s recommended that you charge your electric wine opener at least once every three months, even if you don’t use it regularly. This is the best way to extend the life of the opener so that you don’t have to replace it prematurely.
- If you are unsure how to operate your electric wine opener, you can typically find a PDF user manual through a simple online search. There are also YouTube videos that provide a video demonstration of how to use the opener from start to finish.
- Your electric wine opener can be cleaned with a damp sponge, but should never be fully submerged in water or placed in a dishwasher. It’s also essential that you unplug the unit before you clean it to prevent an electrical shock.
- Electric wine openers make an excellent gift for the wine connoisseurs in your family. You can present the opener as a holiday, birthday, housewarming or wedding gift or simply bring the opener and a bottle of wine for the host of your Thanksgiving of Easter dinner.
- Price isn’t too much of a factor when shopping for the best electric wine opener, as the cost doesn’t vary by much. In fact, the Ozeri Nouveaux Foil Cutter Electric Wine Opener, Oster Cordless Foil Cutter Electric Wine Opener and the Secura Automatic Foil Cutter Electric Wine Opener all have the same affordable price tag. You’ll pay just a few dollars more for the Chefman One Touch Foil Cutter Electric Wine Opener, so it’s best to choose a model based on the features you are looking for instead of the price.