SCStyle Retro Stationery Set, 16 ct
Last updated date: January 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
We looked at the top Stationery Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Stationery you should buy.
Although you only get 16 envelopes with each SCStyle Retro Stationery Set, 16 ct set, you'll receive 32 pieces of paper. This is helpful if you enjoy writing longer letters, as there are two stationary sheets for every envelope. It's important to note that the envelopes hold no glue. Instead, the company supplies a sticker to close each envelope before mailing. In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the SCStyle SCStyle Retro Stationery Set, 16 ct placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Stationery for a detailed review of all the top stationery sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
SCStyle Envelopes Package include: 1x 32 pcs Writting Paper + 16 Envelope +1 Sheet Label Seal StickerSet A beautiful set of floral stationery for keeping the art of the hand-written letter alive. Beautiful and charming writing stationery papers they are. 32 Cute Special Design Writing Stationery Paper with 16 Envelope 32 Cute Special Design Writing Stationery Paper with 16 Navy Style Envelopes 30 Cute Kawaii Design Writing Stationery Paper with 15 Envelope 64 Sheets Letter Lined Writing Paper Set - 8 Different Style - 7.3 x 10.3 inch 50 Pack Cute Coin Colored Envelopes 3.35 x 6.89 Inches 10 Unique Design Brand SCStyle SCStyle SCStyle SCStyle SCStyle Paper Size: 7.1x5.2 inch 170x130mm 235x160mm 7.3 x 10.3 inch Envelope Size: 5.2 x 3.4 inch 105x90mm 173X87mm 3.35 x 6.89 Inches
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Stationery Sets
Keeping a set of stationery on hand is a good practice. Life gets busy, and birthdays and special events can creep up on you without warning. Instead of having to rush out to the nearest store to purchase a card, you can relax at home and simply grab one from your collection. As you shop for a stationery set that fits your personality, there are a few things you’ll want to watch for.
Look at the inside of the cards. Are you interested in a stationery set that has specific greetings inside, such as birthday wishes or a motivational message, or do you prefer a blank card? Blank cards are an excellent choice, as you can write your own heartfelt message that can be tailored to any specific occasion, such as a birthday, baby shower or engagement congratulations. Blank cards are also gender-neutral, so they can be gifted to anyone.
Decide whether you prefer the stationery to have a design on the front only, or an additional border along the inside of the card as well. For example, the Best Card Company Wildlife Painted Note Cards has attractive watercolor designs on the front and inside lining of each card. Of course, there is also the option of purchasing a set that is blank on the front. You may find a set with just a simple design along the top edge, like the Hallmark Blank Stationery Set.
“Paper weight is an important factor,” says artist and art educator Amy Markham. “The weight number refers to the weight of 500 sheets of that paper in size 17x22in. Many store-bought stationery sets will have note paper in the 24-32lb range. Cardstock weighs more, usually 50-110lbs. The best way to decide between weights is to hold the stationery and see how it feels.”
There are also companies on the market that follow environmentally-friendly practices when sourcing their paper. The Best Card Company Fun Puns Blank Note is one such company. They get their pulp from responsibly managed forests. They also only print on demand, eliminating any unwanted stationery sets from the market.
Finally, check to see if the stationery set comes with matching envelopes and a reusable storage box. While matching envelopes are quite standard, not all sets have a sturdy box for storing the cards safely in your home office.
DWYM Fun Fact
You may be interested to find out that the definition of stationery includes all of the items needed for writing, not just a card or fancy piece of paper. Here are a few additional fun facts about these handy home and office supplies:
- Pencils reign supreme over other writing instruments for several reasons. They can be used by astronauts in space because gravity does not affect their ability to write. Scuba divers could use them if they wanted to, as pencils can even write underwater. Also, just one pencil can draw a straight line that spans a space of 35 miles.
- The Post-It note was created by accident back in 1968 by Spencer Silver. While trying to make one type of adhesive, he actually created a soft adhesive that could be removed without leaving any sticky residue behind. Speaking of Post-It notes, did you know it would take 507,000,000 Post-It notes to make it all the way around the earth?
- Manufacturers can produce 80,000 pieces of paper from just one pine tree. That sounds like a lot; however, since individuals who work in an office handle approximately 10,000 pieces of paper per year, that’s only enough paper to keep eight office workers busy.
The Stationery Buying Guide
- Buy from a company that offers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. These companies value their customers and will correct any wrong.
- Check if the company is a member of the Greeting Card Association. This membership shows that the company is dedicated to making only top-quality stationery.
- “Think about the kind of pen you want to use on your stationery,” says Markham. “Some pens will show through lower paper weights and others will smudge easily on certain finishes.”
- Keep your stationery organized with an old shoebox or photo box. Add dividers for each special occasion, so that you can quickly pull out the type of card you need when the occasion arises. If you don’t have any dividers, you can easily make them out of cardstock.
- Always recycle stationery you no longer need. You can donate unused sets to a friend or local thrift shop. Used stationery can be sent to a special foundation. For example, St. Jude’s Ranch for Children has a Recycle Card Program that accepts your old cards.
- If the front of the greeting card appeals to you or has a special meaning because it was sent by someone you adore, you can frame it and hang it up.
- Stationery can be stored digitally as well. Collect your favorite cards and scan them into your computer. Create a file where you can keep these memories safe without having to find a place to store the physical cards. You may even wish to have a separate folder for each year, so you can quickly reference certain Christmases and birthdays.
- There are a ton of craft projects that use old stationery. You can make ornaments out of cards, garland for hanging from your fireplace, gift tags, photo mats and even a display piece for your dining room table by inserting a piece of stationery with a beautiful scene on the front inside a mason jar.
- As you examine the price for the stationery you like best, you’ll need to take into consideration how many cards come in each set, and how simple or sophisticated the design is. The Best Card Company Wildlife Painted Note Cards and the Best Card Company Fun Puns Blank Note are comparable in price because they contain a similar number of features. The SCStyle Retro Stationery Set have fewer cards than the Hallmark Blank Stationery Set, so it makes sense that they don’t cost as much.