Screen Mom Screen Cleaner & Shine Kit
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Screen Shine Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Screen Shine Kit you should buy.
This compact kit comes with a small bottle and wipe that can easily fit in your pocket or bag on the go. There are no odors or harmful substances, so the spray's safe for most screens. In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the Screen Mom Screen Mom Screen Cleaner & Shine Kit placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Screen Shine Kit for a detailed review of all the top screen shine kits.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Includes 2oz spray bottle, 1-Purple 15.75"x 15.75" and 1-Purple 6”x7” Microfiber Premium Cloth, A Great Gift idea
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Screen Shine Kits
As you use your phone, laptop, tablet and other gadgets, your screen can easily collect dust, fingerprints and other residues that distract from the user experience. That’s where a screen shining kit with a spray bottle and cleaning cloth comes in to help make your screens look clean and clear again. Further, the spray can have ingredients that protect against future buildup and make cleaning your screen easier in the future.
Since kits range from travel packs with small bottles to larger options with different bottle sizes, you’ll want to think about how often and where you’ll clean your screens. For the most flexibility, you can find brands that give you multiple sizes in one kit for an affordable price. You can also purchase a few different kits that you might take to the office, carry in your bag or store at home.
In any case, check that the spray is safe for your specific device. Particularly, you’ll want to stay away from sprays that contain alcohol, ammonia and other harsh ingredients since these can break down the protective coating on your gadget’s screen. Instead, look for natural or otherwise gentle ingredients. For example, some sprays are made from plant-based ingredients.
For the best results, find a kit with a high-quality, gentle cleaning cloth that is large enough to clean the screens you want. Most brands come with a microfiber cloth that won’t scratch the screen or conduct static electricity. You’ll want to wash the cloth regularly to avoid issues like dirt buildup and mildew.
DWYM Fun Fact
When you think about the pocket-sized gadgets we have today, it’s surprising how screens have changed over the years.
Long before flatscreens became widely available, people through the late 1900s relied on TVs and computer screens that were bulky and heavy and used a technology called a cathode ray tube to generate the image. You usually cleaned these screens with a dry cloth.
Even cell phones have seen major changes from the black-and-white displays in the first models to the high-quality, colorful phones we use today. Along with this evolution has come the need for regular screen cleaning as most phones feature a touchscreen that gets dirty easily with use.
The Screen Shine Kit Buying Guide
- To get more use from the screen shine spray, you can try cleaning your device screen with a dry microfiber cloth first. If you just have a few fingerprints or some dust, this can work fine and save you some money. A little plain water on the cloth can also get your screen clean if you run low on your shine spray.
- While companies mostly advertise their screen shine spray for electronic devices, some brands can safely clean your glasses as well.
- Even when screen cleaner brands advertise themselves as safe for any kind of screen, don’t put off checking with your device’s manufacturer to make sure that wet cleaning is appropriate. Some products from brands like Apple have a coating that can get damaged from screen cleaners.
- Never try to spray the cleaner directly on your device. Instead, always put some on the cloth and then gently wipe your screen with it. Follow the brand’s instructions on how much cleaner to use.
- For your safety, turn off devices like laptops, TVs and computer monitors and unplug them before you try to clean the screen with a damp cloth.
- Only wipe the screen with your damp cleaning cloth. Avoid cleaning near openings where the cleaner could get in and harm your device or present a safety hazard.
- If you have a sensitivity to smells, look for a screen shine kit with an odorless spray. You’ll usually find this with the safest, most natural options.
- After using your kit’s microfiber cloth and getting it dirty, properly wash it so that it can clean your screen best. Whether you wash by hand or by machine, stick with lukewarm to cool water and avoid cleaners that are harsh or come with additives. You can simply use water to clean by hand or a mild detergent for machine washing.