Scotch Elastomer Resin Carton Sealing Tape, 6-Pack
Last updated date: August 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Carton Sealing Tapes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Carton Sealing Tape you should buy.
Update as August 27, 2021:
Checkout The Best Carton Sealing Tape for a detailed review of all the top carton sealing tapes.
In our analysis, the Scotch Scotch Elastomer Resin Carton Sealing Tape, 6-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Guaranteed to stay sealed (If your box does not stay sealed, 3M will refund the purchase price of this tape). Proof of purchase required. Provides excellent holding power for heavy-duty packaging and shipping. Strong seal on all box types, including harder-to-stick-to 100% recycled boxes. Strong, durable solvent-free hot melt adhesive seals and protects. Release coating makes unwind easy. Resists slivering, splitting and tearing..Includes 6 rolls with 6 dispensers with fallback tabs to ensure tape doesn't fall back on the roll.Scotch brand's strongest clear-to-the-core packaging tape. Clear backing and instant adhesion. Meets U.S. postal regulations for standard packages. Made in USA with US and globally sourced materials.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Carton Sealing Tapes
If you’ve got boxes to pack up, you’re probably going to need a couple of rolls of carton-sealing tape or packing tape. This kind of tape is highly versatile and comes in several different varieties. Be sure to select the one that is best suited for your task.
The most common type of carton-sealing tape is pressure sensitive. This means that it sticks to another surface when pressure is applied to the top. This type of tape is easy to use in a tape dispenser or tape gun because it comes off the roll without much effort. There are different varieties of pressure-sensitive tape, which include hot-melt packing tape, acrylic packing tape and natural rubber packing tape. Hot-melt packing tape is the most popular variety and is ideal for sending packages by post. Acrylic packing tape is best used for boxes which will be stored or shipped in extreme temperature conditions. Natural rubber packing tape is designed to be used in a range of temperatures as well as difficult environments, such as extreme humidity or high levels of dust.
Another category of carton-sealing tape is water-activated paper tape. This kind of tape has a paper backing with a dry adhesive. It needs to be wet in order to form a bond with another surface. Once this tape is applied, it cannot be removed and must be cut. This kind of tape is best for heavy packages.
The Carton Sealing Tape Buying Guide
- When you’re buying carton-sealing tape, consider how much you need for the job. While you can buy rolls of tape individually, most of them are sold in sets of varying quantities from six to 12 and more.
- Some carton sealing tape is transparent while some is opaque. Depending on what you need to tape up, you may need to see the material underneath. In this case, it’s best to go with a transparent tape.
- One of the most important elements to note about tape is its tensile strength. This refers to how strong it is, or how much force you need to break it apart. If you are taping up heavy boxes, for example, you will need to use a tape that has a high tensile strength. A related metric is called elongation, which refers to how far the tape can stretch before it rips apart.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide